PDA

View Full Version : Dine with an Imagineer?

MystikPiglit
22-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Has anyone done this at DHS?

If so, what was it like? Did you ask questions or did the Imagineer just talk in general terms?
Is the Bamboo room nice? :wiggle:

keith
22-06-2009, 03:08 PM
good question! I've often wondered that myself

Hope someone can tell us

MystikPiglit
22-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Hope someone can tell us

:yes: I'd love to do it but as it's so expensive I'd need to know if it's worth it first.

uscwest
22-06-2009, 03:47 PM
We didn't do the formal one, but did an informal one at JIKO one time. We love to sit at The Cooking Place when we are there. One time we went in and were seated on the left end of the counter next to a young fellow by himself. Turns out he was an imagineer from DL and was at WDW to help with the re-engineering of the Haunted Mansion. Had a wonderful meal while chatting with him. The waiter was pouring lots of wines for him to try and every time he poured one for the imagineer he poured the same one for Donna and I.

keith
22-06-2009, 04:02 PM
We didn't do the formal one, but did an informal one at JIKO one time. We love to sit at The Cooking Place when we are there. One time we went in and were seated on the left end of the counter next to a young fellow by himself. Turns out he was an imagineer from DL and was at WDW to help with the re-engineering of the Haunted Mansion. Had a wonderful meal while chatting with him. The waiter was pouring lots of wines for him to try and every time he poured one for the imagineer he poured the same one for Donna and I.

oh now that's incredibly cool :yes:

Haunted mansion is still my favourite ride, I'd love to talk to someone involved in the imagineering side of that. I bet there's so much I don't notice as I go round it

MystikPiglit
22-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Had a wonderful meal while chatting with him. The waiter was pouring lots of wines for him to try and every time he poured one for the imagineer he poured the same one for Donna and I.

How amazing! It's great when unexpected things like that happen. :thumbsup:

Johnie
22-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I've wanted to do this. I'm hoping to get to do it in Oct.

MystikPiglit
23-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I've wanted to do this. I'm hoping to get to do it in Oct.

Have you heard any feedback from someone that has done it?

Johnie
23-06-2009, 04:03 PM
No, I sure haven't. I've read some reviews on Mousesavers but that's it.

Mari
23-06-2009, 04:49 PM
this sounds really interesting...

I do have to say I would probably be too shy or would forget about everything I wanted to ask....

MystikPiglit
24-06-2009, 11:26 AM
thiswould forget about everything I wanted to ask....

:lol: I think that would be my problem too. I'd have to write out some questions first. :yes:

Isafari
24-06-2009, 11:54 AM
this sounds really interesting...

I do have to say I would probably be too shy or would forget about everything I wanted to ask....

I'm right there with you!