PDA

View Full Version : bloomin awful customer service!

Britchick
23-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Jon bought some steaks from the local butcher to cook for me last night and when we opened the pack the smell was horrible. So he had to go to Tescos to buy some more. So i took the packet with me to the butchers (it was sealed in plastic) today and there were 2 of them in there. The first one sniffed it and said oh ok i don't understand how that could happen the use by date is the 27/06 and accused me of walking around town with them for ages- Jon went straight down sat morning and only got them-came back and put them in the fridge. Anyway he finally relented and gave me my money back- to the penny, i thought to keep my business he would offer me another couple of steaks(supermarkets do that if food is off and you have to go and take it back etc etc ) but just as i'm picking my money off the counter to walk out the other really mean butcher starts calling me picky and that there's nothing wrong with the steaks. I actually felt really intimidated by them both- ok i said give me back the steak and i'll give them to environmental health- well all hell broke loose. I got the steaks back and have rung and waiting for the environmental health people to call back. How can people be like this? especially in a recession, the town where i live only has 17000 people and stuff like this spreads. I didn't make a fuss either. Just wanted my money back. :thumbsdown:

ukwdwnut
23-06-2009, 07:37 PM
wow thats bad, real bad CS, mind you you are lucky to have a butcher we havent and there are 200,000 here i think

Britchick
23-06-2009, 07:42 PM
well i haven't any more Nut! no way on this planet i'm setting foot in that shop again!

Deb
23-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Don't blame you Julie...that is totally appalling!! You're right, how the heck can he treat customers like that? Good on you for sticking up for yourself cos that can be tough.

Britchick
23-06-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm a tenner down but it was the principle

josh.p.
23-06-2009, 08:27 PM
That's ridiculous- Even if they thought the steaks where O.K, you'd think that they would be more than happy to replace them. Those steaks probably cost them about 1, but overall they will cost them a lot more in lost custom!

mumof2
23-06-2009, 08:48 PM
OMG - how rude. I'm surprised he's still in business if that's how he treats his customers :nono:

In my opinion, given the treatment you got, you did exactly the right thing - who knows how many other people that may have happened too who have been too intimidated to take it further.

I mean, imagine if it were an elderly customer who was too scared to stand up to that disgusting treatment.

good for you hun :hug2:

Mags
23-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Great move on your part Julie. Have you frozen the steaks while you wait for EH? I did something similar in Tesco's one day and called in EH. It worked a treat and EH were crawling all over their bread dept for about a week. I bet they wish they hadnt treated me so badly, after getting a huge telling off and having to apologise and pay me off.
I hope you get a good result and that the butcher has what is coming to him.

Margaret

Johnie
23-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Wow. I can't beleive how some stores are acting lately. Good for you for sticking up for yourself!

My sister has been trying to buy a car. The car industry in the US is in the toilet so you would think they would be happy with any sale they could get. Oh no, they have been nothing but nasty and rude to her.

Mari
24-06-2009, 03:16 AM
that is sooo rude

definetly NEVER go back... plus.. spread the word!!

Tink
24-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Must be something in the air. I was in Dallas, TX last week and I'm telling you, there were some nasty encounters with service people there. One person (working at a toll booth on the highway) asked me if I could READ! :hopmad:

Brit, I know how hard it must have been to go up against two of them, but I totally agree with it being the principle. Let them keep their grubby money as it's the last they get from you. Plus, every single person you tell about the incident is going to think twice about shopping there. One unhappy customer can cost a business quite a bit of money.

I don't know anything about the agency you are intending on calling in, but I sure hope it makes a difference and they are taken to task for selling off meat, and for their treatment of a customer!

Ursula
24-06-2009, 06:41 AM
So someone in Texas is wearing a toll booth now.....

Dawn
24-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Tell them where to stick their steaks. Service like that is unacceptable.

Come to our town, we have a lovely butcher, and a fantastic farm shop a short drive away where the butcher goes out of his way to give you exactly what you ask for.

mumof2
24-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Tell them where to stick their steaks. Service like that is unacceptable.

Come to our town, we have a lovely butcher, and a fantastic farm shop a short drive away where the butcher goes out of his way to give you exactly what you ask for.

which farm shop is that Dawn?

Isafari
24-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Well done for sticking up for yourself Julie :yes:
Let us know how things progess.

MystikPiglit
24-06-2009, 12:38 PM
It's staggering that shops aren't making customer service their top priority in this economic climate. :nono:

Good luck.:thumbsup:

Dawn
24-06-2009, 02:34 PM
which farm shop is that Dawn?

Middle Farm, it's on the A27 between Lewes and Drusillas. Also known as the Sossidge Farm because we always come away from there with sossidges from the shop. It's a lovely place to take young kiddies because the farm is open to the public and you get to feed llamas and play in the hay barn and stuff and the chickens all free range around the place.

And then there's the farm shop. :drool:

Britchick
24-06-2009, 03:55 PM
i'm glad it's not just me being fussy, i have the EHO coming to pick the steak up any minute. When i said i felt they were aggressive she agreed with me and said that they had been in there very recently- they will be doing another spot inspection tomorrow. thanks guys

uscwest
24-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I would actually believe this attitude coming from a grocery store that had a butcher counter in it than the butcher shop itself. They should have cheerfully refunded your money AND offered to replace the meat. There is no excuse for that sort of behaviour.