PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson has died

mumof2
25-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/)

I'm so shocked I don't know what to say - is it really true?

josh.p.
25-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I hope it's not true :( It's not been confirmed that he is dead though.

mumof2
25-06-2009, 10:07 PM
OMG I hope it's not true but they're saying the TMZ website are usually correct.

kazzaqld
25-06-2009, 10:09 PM
It's very sad - :sorry:

lozzy
25-06-2009, 10:09 PM
OMG, What a shock that is.

I have been listening to his albums over the last few days while I have done the decorating in the childrens bedrooms.

Really not sure what to say. RIP Micheal

Mari
25-06-2009, 10:11 PM
WHAT??

WHAT???

keith
25-06-2009, 10:13 PM
The weirdest thing is, when I heard on the radio about his concerts, I just had this overwhelming feeling that he wouldn't be doing them. I admit I thought he'd just pull out not die but I just never thought he'd be doing them.

Weird and sad. I still think he was misunderstood and hounded by a cruel world. Ok perhaps I'm wrong and he was what people said and no excuse for that but I just think he was a victim of a world that doesn't care

Ursula
25-06-2009, 10:17 PM
OMG what about his poor children? what will happen to them?

josh.p.
25-06-2009, 10:19 PM
The weirdest thing is, when I heard on the radio about his concerts, I just had this overwhelming feeling that he wouldn't be doing them. I admit I thought he'd just pull out not die but I just never thought he'd be doing them.

Weird and sad. I still think he was misunderstood and hounded by a cruel world. Ok perhaps I'm wrong and he was what people said and no excuse for that but I just think he was a victim of a world that doesn't care
Me too- that didn't stop me not wanting tickets. I was just listening to his 'best of' album today on my way into college :sorry: I really hope its not true.

mumof2
25-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I still think he was misunderstood and hounded by a cruel world. Ok perhaps I'm wrong and he was what people said and no excuse for that but I just think he was a victim of a world that doesn't care

exactly what i think Keith. I know when he did his interviews some years back even I started thinking 'should i feel sorry for him or is he just really cever in covering up the bad things he's done' - i hope to God he was innocent of those things i really do because my gut feelings tell me he was, as you say, a victim of this cruel world

i don't know what to think at the moment - i sincerely hope it's not true but sadly realise it probably is.

Mari
25-06-2009, 10:25 PM
whatever he was/wasnt in his personal life

I think he was a great artist and a MAGNIFICENT performer...

Mari
25-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Michael Jackson is dead [Updated] | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html)

Claire
25-06-2009, 10:34 PM
So shocked.

josh.p.
25-06-2009, 10:42 PM
:rose: RIP Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson is dead [Updated] | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html)

SleepinCatz
25-06-2009, 10:43 PM
with all the bad from his childhood...how it twisted him to adulthood...he's finally free. Rest in Peace Michael...

*Bambi-Belle*
25-06-2009, 10:50 PM
RIP Michael :rose:
:sorry:

Isafari
25-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Still hasn't been confirmed according to BBC news.
Doesn't look good though.
I was on my way to bed when I got a text from Mick telling me and I went back down and put the news on.

josh.p.
25-06-2009, 10:55 PM
BBC news- channel 80 on freeview has confirmed it.

SleepinCatz
25-06-2009, 10:56 PM
It has been confirmed thru the media here in the states...msn...cbs...

josh.p.
25-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Still doesn't seem real :(

Claire
25-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm too stunned to sleep.

josh.p.
25-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Me too. I can't believe that Michael Jackson is dead :(

kazzaqld
25-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Local radio is playing his hits right now. :sorry:

Hex
25-06-2009, 11:54 PM
R.I.P. Michael :(

He certainly had an eventful life, and I have no doubt he will live on in everyones memories for a very long time. Move over Elvis, there is a new King on the block...

Shellyamc
26-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Fly free Michael..

RIP

Johnie
26-06-2009, 12:37 AM
I was absolutely stunned when I heard this earlier. I was a HUGE MJ fan back when I was in 6th and 7th grade (The Thriller heyday). We all had MJ jacket (mine was red) and a glove. I've always been surprised they allowed us to wear them to Christian school. I love his older music.

As for the allegations he faced, they never convicted him of anything. I never really thought he molested anyone but he certainly put himself in weird situations that a person in their right mind wouldn't have. I've believed for quite a few years that he had a mental illness. He used to be eccentric and then just went right on past that. He's one of those mega stars that people will never tell the truth to though :sorry:

He can sit by Elvis...he's certainly never replaced him.

SleepinCatz
26-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Nope Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll....Michael is hailed as the King of Pop...they sit side by side....

Tink
26-06-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm sorry. I didn't see this thread when I posted mine. :sorry:

Dawn
26-06-2009, 06:57 AM
I agree he was a victim of a world intent on bringing him down.

So sad...but honestly, not totally surprised.

RIP Michael, I grew up with you and will never forget that awesome night at Wembley Stadium when you rocked my world for 2 hours.

ukwdwnut
26-06-2009, 07:14 AM
im totally stunned i still cant believe it, im a massive fan of MJ and lauren and mikey are totally gutted they wont be seeing there idol perform at the O2 arena

i think he was at the end of two massive con jobs by scum who just wanted his money and didnt give a hoot about the man himself

RIP MJ :rose:

mumof2
26-06-2009, 07:27 AM
I'm still gutted and so shocked. I only believe it now I've seen his brother's statement.

Since I was young I've adored the Jackson Five and Michael Jacksons music. I was just talking with DS9 a few days ago about how he was so, so young when he started singing with his brothers.

I will always believe he was innocent of those allegations, I just think he was sadly affected by the pressures of his life and he never knew how to act as a 'normal' adult male. I believe he surrounded himself with youngsters as being like a young boy was his safe place in this world, if you understand what I mean.

RIP Michael Jackson.

Disneybumble
26-06-2009, 11:44 AM
So very sad. Such a huge talent. I am a huge Motown fan and his audition when he was 7/8 is out of this world. To moonwalking and the Motown 25th celebration. Whatever went on behind closed doors ,Nobody can take away the body of works he has left.

Tink
26-06-2009, 11:49 AM
When Thriller was at it's peak, there was a little boy (about 6) lived across the street from me. He LOVED Michael Jackson. He wore white socks and a pink golfing glove from his Grandma and used to try to moonwalk on the pavement outside his house.

Every time I think of Michael Jackson, I also think of that little boy. He's a man now, and I wonder what he is feeling today? :(

mumof2
26-06-2009, 04:49 PM
When Thriller was at it's peak, there was a little boy (about 6) lived across the street from me. He LOVED Michael Jackson. He wore white socks and a pink golfing glove from his Grandma and used to try to moonwalk on the pavement outside his house.

Every time I think of Michael Jackson, I also think of that little boy. He's a man now, and I wonder what he is feeling today? :(

oh gosh Tink, now I'm wondering about that little boy. I bet it was a lovely sight to see him wasn't it. Many young lads impersonated Michael Jackson I believe - i wonder what it was about him that made them do that, I suppose he was their idol.

I thought he was the bees knees you know. :yes:

Britchick
26-06-2009, 05:10 PM
RIP Michael. I agree that he was persecuted by a cruel world, some people just can't accept that others are different. It also shows us that no matter what fame or fortune we have it isn't always greener.

mumof2
26-06-2009, 06:00 PM
oh God i just watched the ITN news knowing I shouldn't - seems to be nothing but controversy. His lawyer speaking out about drugs misuse, his doctor is missing and the police are looking for him.....the report said they've seized his car and they finished the report with 'Ben' which, of course, has made me cry.

I truly hope there's no dirty business going on here - it's hard enough to comprehend that he's passed away.

Dawn
26-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Hounded throughout his life, I just pray he can be left to rest in peace.
I feel like a chapter of my childhood got closed this morning.

I grew up with Michael and Luther. May they make cool music together.

mumof2
26-06-2009, 06:15 PM

i understand Dawn :hug2:

mumof2
26-06-2009, 10:10 PM
I just watched the 2nd half of Michael Jackson's Top 40 songs on MTV, an hour of memories, tears and dancing. :yes:

edited to add: i meant to say earlier it just shows you how Michael Jackson moved from one generation to another, as both the boys and their friends have all copied moonwalking and Michaels particular dance moves over the years and they're 14 and 9!!

foreverducky
27-06-2009, 01:04 AM
I feel that he was a man who never got the help he needed, when he needed it. If we ever need proof of how 'nuture' effects our lives, we just need to look at his family. So sad.

Johnie
27-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Indeed. The effects of child abuse can be devastating.

MinnieMouse
27-06-2009, 12:51 PM
RIP Michael :redroses:

I remember listening to the thriller album over and over again. What a truly great talent who will be sorely missed.

I saw him at Aintree racecourse in 1988, what a concert and such an allround fantastic entertainer. He was and will remain in peoples memories as a global megastar.

ukwdwnut
28-06-2009, 10:59 AM

I grew up with Michael and Luther. May they make cool music together.

exactly the same as me dawn im still totally stunned hes no longer with us

the man was god in my musical eyes :)

mumof2
28-06-2009, 01:27 PM
i've just read that his family want a 2nd autopsy as there are unanswered questions regarding the circumstances surrouding his death.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jackson family 'want new autopsy' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8122747.stm)

ukwdwnut
28-06-2009, 01:35 PM
heard tht earlier this morning M and they want answers much much quicker than 6 weeks too

Tink
28-06-2009, 01:45 PM
The truth will never really be known. I don't mean to sound cynical, but that is what I feel right now. :(

I wanted to share this. I was talking with Mama last evening and she brought up Michael saying how sad she was that he had died. (Mama has always been a huge lover of the MoTown sound and loved Michael from the time he was a little boy). She talked a bit and then said (DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER JOHNNIE!!!) "He had it all over Elvis. I never cared for him. I didn't like the way he danced. It was dirty."

I was speechless!!! Elvis was a dirty dancer, so Mama didn't like him, but she thought "that poor little boy" was just "beautiful and such a good singer and dancer!" Ummmm... ok. Never argue with Mama (but I sure do wonder if she watched some of the same videos as I did back in the 80's)! :eek:

mumof2
28-06-2009, 01:51 PM
i guess not Tink!

Tink
28-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I know! I'm thinking of the videos/numbers where he was quite suggestive! :eek: I really thought he was an incredible dancer, and very evocative. No one could deny that he was extremely sensual in his movements, eh?

However, that's Mama's way. He was a beautiful little boy to her, and could do no wrong. Elvis was a "man" and should have "known better."

mumof2
28-06-2009, 01:58 PM
I know! I'm thinking of the videos/numbers where he was quite suggestive! :eek: I really thought he was an incredible dancer, and very evocative. No one could deny that he was extremely sensual in his movements, eh?

However, that's Mama's way. He was a beautiful little boy to her, and could do no wrong. Elvis was a "man" and should have "known better."

:lol: oh bless your Mama Tink, I can just imagine the conversation!

Johnie
28-06-2009, 02:10 PM
The truth will never really be known. I don't mean to sound cynical, but that is what I feel right now. :(

I wanted to share this. I was talking with Mama last evening and she brought up Michael saying how sad she was that he had died. (Mama has always been a huge lover of the MoTown sound and loved Michael from the time he was a little boy). She talked a bit and then said (DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER JOHNNIE!!!) "He had it all over Elvis. I never cared for him. I didn't like the way he danced. It was dirty."

I was speechless!!! Elvis was a dirty dancer, so Mama didn't like him, but she thought "that poor little boy" was just "beautiful and such a good singer and dancer!" Ummmm... ok. Never argue with Mama (but I sure do wonder if she watched some of the same videos as I did back in the 80's)! :eek:

:tongue: your mama wasn't paying close attention to those performances was she?

Tink
28-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I honestly don't know Johnie. :unsure: I am of the mind that she is focused on the young Michael and not the fierce talent we all relate to. I very well remember the controversy that surrounded some of his very overt dance moves...

I just find it incredibly amusing that Mama would find Elvis "dirty." I don't know why, it just amuses me. Better to laugh, eh? :sigh:

Weird thing? My Da sounds like Elvis when he sings. :yes: Not a dead ringer, mind but quite the same range and tone. I said that once when I had heard Elvis singing one of my "Da's songs" :D on the radio. Mama was NOT amused and told me that my Da "most certainly DID NOT sound like anyone but HIMSELF!" Never made that mistake again. (But he does too remind you of Elvis when he sings...). :eek: Shhhhh...

Johnie
28-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Well the time frame when Elvis was doing his thing was a much more puritanical time. Michael was in the 70's and 80's where things were much looser.

Kind of the same way everyone talks about how long the Beatles hair was. My goodness, it's not long at all! But my perspective comes from a generation later.

The moves they do nowadays makes Elvis look like he should be dancing in church :tongue:

Tink
28-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Dancing in CHURCH??? Surely you jest! :wink:

Yep. The front runners, those who "introduced" the "new and cutting edge" music, look, thoughts, etc. are the ones who are usually remembered as the most shocking...

josh.p.
30-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Seriously still can't believe this :( I am just in shock.

Tink
01-07-2009, 12:02 AM
:hug2:

Tinker
01-07-2009, 02:44 AM
I am just devastated . RIP Michael !
MJ was the real life form of Peter Pan . That never grew up .

Johnie
01-07-2009, 02:47 AM
I heard all sorts of details about his autopsy yesterday. He was such a private person, he never would have wanted anyone to know those things.....

Tinker
01-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Tell us Johnie . I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it . I have been traumatized enough . There is a special on tomorrow night . I'll be crying .

Johnie
01-07-2009, 03:04 AM
They said he was mostly bald and had been wearing a wig, he was emaciated, there was absolutely nothing in his stomach but pills, his ribs were broken from the CPR, he had several needle marks throughout his body (including the adrenalin they used to try to restart his heart), they said there was scarring from at least 13 possible plastic surgeries. That's all I can remember right now.

My sister was telling me last night that she heard Michael wanted to will the Beatles collection to Paul McCartney. I hope that is true. They used to be such good friends till Michael bought it right out from under Paul.