View Full Version : What do you pack in hand luggage?

26-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Ive just looked on the virgin website and found we can only have 6kg in hand luggage. thats not very much at all :(

What do you pack in hand luggage? I dont think I can get all the cameras video cosmetics and things I would normally like with me in 6kg

26-06-2009, 10:21 AM
You'll be surprised how much you can take in your hand luggage! It's just over 13 pounds in weight.

I have my camcorder, camera, change of clothes, cosmetics, purse, phone, folder with all of my plans and itinerary, reading book etc

26-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Just goes to show you how different people perceive the allowances differently.

I JUST ABOUT get my laptop and an slr camera in there and bang, allowance gone.

Between our two hand luggage bags we have, Cameras, laptop, cosmetics, tablets, phones, chargers and cables, folder with all the documentation in.

We really should try and fit in a change of clothes since when we use disneys magical express it can take a long time for the cases to arrive

26-06-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't know if it helps, as I fly internally and I realize you are talking about flying internationally, but in addition to my computer, and work related items, I carry my "shaker cup" for my meal replacements, packets of those replacements, and any medicine I may need. I've been known to stuff a change of clothing in that much overworked computer bag, too!

All that to say, be sure to carry any prescription medication you may need with you in your carry on case. It can be very expensive and complicated to obtain your prescriptions here if they are lost in transit.

26-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I've got this down to a fine art now... what doesn't fit in mine will fit into DH or DD's bag :D Seriously though... I don't take magazines in hand luggage anymore, it's one thin book for the flight the rest goes in the case, one pen for form filling, reading glasses, wet wipes, pills, toilet wipes, keys, phone, camera and small tube of moisturiser, change of knicks and gum for landing. I seriously don't need anything else. Oh and clear folder to hold the passports and tickets. DH has the money.

26-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I usually carry a small purse with:

Travel documents (passport, reservations, etc...)
Credit cards

And a larger bag with:

Now I will also have to carry: diapers, 2 changes of clothes, toys, crayons, milk bottle, sippy cup, hahahaha... but thats just me! hahahaha