PDA

View Full Version : A little late Friday thread

Claire
26-06-2009, 04:58 PM
With all that has happened over the last 24 hours I forgot all about the fact that it was Friday. Funny day for me. I had to say goodbye to an amazing 81 year old lady today. A wonderful welsh lady with a wicked sense of humour. I will miss you Aunty Dilys. Sleep tight. XXX

Dawn
26-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Aww Claire :hug2:

I was going to start a Friday thread this morning but it didn't feel right at the time. So much sadness and so many of us with things going on in our real lives right now.

A group hug is in order I think. :grouphug:

Mari
26-06-2009, 05:05 PM
yep!! its friday!!

Last night, our 13 year old Basset Hound, Camila, crossed the rainbow bridge :( she will be missed... however, it was time, since she had been having a hard time lately

This weekend... tomorrow we are going to Cuernavaca, the city of eternal spring... its an hour away, the weather ther eis beautiful... hopefully Tatiana will want to try the pool, last time she was too scared of it...

Dawn
26-06-2009, 05:12 PM
ohohohohohohohohohoh I don't have to work tomorrow, or any other Saturday or Sunday. :rocker:

I'm going shopping tomorrow. Keith where's the credit card? :unsure:

Isafari
26-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Claire :hug2:
Mari :hug2:

everyone :huddle:

Dawn
26-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Sorry Mari, I didn't see your sad news.

:hug2:

Mari
26-06-2009, 05:20 PM
:hug2: Claire

Thats ok Dawn... :)

Britchick
26-06-2009, 05:25 PM
:hug2: to Claire and Mari

i'm on call this weekend, a bit of holiday shopping and gardening and Daniel is in a parade for Armed forces day on Sunday so will be going to that.

uscwest
26-06-2009, 05:47 PM
:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: to all of you.

mumof2
26-06-2009, 06:03 PM
oh my gosh Claire and Mari - I'm so, so sorry for your losses :hug2::hug2:

Disneybumble
26-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Claire l am sorry for your loss.:hug2:
Mari what a hard decision to make l am so sorry:hug2:

Bought a litre bottle of Pimms, allegedly there is only 50 calories a glass when drunk with Diet Lemonade.:thumbsup:

DisneyFreak
26-06-2009, 07:16 PM
yep!! its friday!!

Last night, our 13 year old Basset Hound, Camila, crossed the rainbow bridge :( she will be missed... however, it was time, since she had been having a hard time lately

I'm so sorry for your loss Mari. We just had to put our sweet Tasha (Japanese Akita) down last Saturday morning. She was almost 12.

I think we are going to rescue a couple adult cats in the next couple of weeks. I can't stand the empty house.....first time in 23 years.

mumof2
26-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Bought a litre bottle of Pimms, allegedly there is only 50 calories a glass when drunk with Diet Lemonade.:thumbsup:

vodka and soda water hun, no fats!

Johnie
26-06-2009, 07:41 PM
:hug2: to everyone

I didn't have to work today since it is my flex Friday. I spent the night at my parent's house and slept till 1:30 this afternoon! Think I needed some sleep? :tongue:

I have a fundraising picnic to attend tomorrow morning for my co-workers husband who has ALS. He is really not doing well. It looks like my co-worker is not going to be able to work anymore. I don't know what they are going to do. It just breaks my heart.

mumof2
26-06-2009, 07:48 PM
yes Johnie - i think you needed sleep!

I'm sorry your co-worker may have to give up work now, still thinking of the family and hope the fundraiser goes well :hug2:

Britchick
26-06-2009, 09:04 PM
interesting about the pimms!

foreverducky
27-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh no, there is sadness everywhere. Hugs to everyone who needs them! :hug2:

I just finished summer classes! :D Have a month off!!!!!

Shellyamc
27-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Well I guess it isn't Friday anymore, but I wanted to send hugs to everyone :hug2: Seems to be a lot going on for everyone.

I hopefully am looking forward to a good weekend. My Sister is coming home and she is going to stay with us this time, so she is going to get to spend some good time with the kids. She comes home a whole lot more these days :D I think she likes her niece and nephew. So I hope it doesn't rain the entire weekend so we can sit by the pool and chat a bit. :thumbsup:

Oh and I found the perfect little Princess and Mickey photo albums with the space to write a note for each picture on sale! They are put away for the kid's first trip to Disney :yes:

Tink
27-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Sometimes the sadness and sad events in our lives seems to permeate nearly everything, doesn't it? :sigh: I'm so very sorry Claire, and Mari and DisneyFreak. Group hug indeed! :grouphug:

Shellyamc, children have a way of keeping you focused on the good, and the future don't they? Nice find! :yes:

Deb
27-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Claire :hug2: And Mari :hug2:

Disneyfreak, I know what you mean...our house would feel empty without the pitter patter of furry feet...I hope your new cats help you miss Tasha a little less.

Hugs to everyone who needs them too...it really does seem to be one of those weeks :(

Billie, enjoy your month off!!!!

Now about that Pimms....I have a bottle in the cupboard....mmmm.....

Debbie2
27-06-2009, 10:45 AM
I just wanted to give everyone a huge :hug2: this morning. The news this week reminds us that life is not a dress rehearsal, there are many bumps along the road but friends can help ease the pain.

So :hug2: from me to you.

foreverducky
27-06-2009, 12:28 PM
I was watching I'm a Celebrity and Get Me Out of Here and John Salley (basketball guy) said that "tough times don't last, but tough people do." I thought it was so wise.