PDA

View Full Version : Can you take home towel animals?

pigletpete
28-06-2009, 10:50 AM
uh oh, not sure I should be asking but still

those towel animals that I see in photos, can you take them home with you at the end of the stay?

*Bambi-Belle*
28-06-2009, 12:33 PM
We do lol, not sure if you are allowed though.

disneymom
28-06-2009, 12:35 PM
we do too :lol: but I'm pretty sure that technically it's as bad as taking towels from a hotel room so I guess bad really but theyre so cute and they must expect it

Tink
28-06-2009, 02:31 PM
I honestly don't know! I know loads of folks do (or so I've read) and that reportedly the housekeepers encourage that. :unsure:

We never have, but I'm guessing that if taking them home were a real issue there wouldn't be any more made. So, taking them home might very well be factored into the "cost" of making and presenting them?

As I said, I don't know! :lol: :spring:

Johnie
28-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I called the front desk at AKL (where we got our very first towel animal) and asked. I was told that yes we could take it home. So, we've taken them home ever since.

keith
28-06-2009, 02:42 PM
We took this little guy home with us, couldn't resist

Johnie
28-06-2009, 02:45 PM
aww they are so cute

Tink
28-06-2009, 03:05 PM
See? I'd read that before, but never had anyone I knew actually say that they'd been told it was ok.

Thanks for the info Johnnie! Nice to know that we could bring one home if we wanted to!

MystikPiglit
28-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Good question. :thumbsup: I've read recently that many people have done so. I never even considered taking them out of the room. :unsure:

I called the front desk at AKL (where we got our very first towel animal) and asked. I was told that yes we could take it home. So, we've taken them home ever since.

That's good to know. :yes:

DisneyFreak
28-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I hope you all leave the zipper slightly open on your suitcases so they can breathe. :sos:

luvthemansion
28-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I hope you all leave the zipper slightly open on your suitcases so they can breathe. :sos:

:ROFL:

Debbie2
28-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Gosh we have had loads of them and never even thought about that. We usually put them all on the dresser in the room and have quite a collection by the end. May have to bring some home now I know (depending on room in the cases!)

disnut
28-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Gosh we have had loads of them and never even thought about that. We usually put them all on the dresser in the room and have quite a collection by the end. May have to bring some home now I know (depending on room in the cases!)

Totally agree Debbie us too! :yes:

wdwgrandma
28-06-2009, 09:41 PM
We've taken home a couple - especially after our mousekeeper stopped us in the hall, hugged us, and said she'd made a special creature for us!

sunsetlakes
28-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm worried now................................. I never thought that people might take these home and have made loads for our villa - I love making the elephant, pig, Monkies - ooooh and i'm a dab hand at doing a dead chicken :sorry: I wondered why I was constantly having to buy new towels to replace missing ones - that'll teach me to try and keep up with Disney - lol.

Johnie
29-06-2009, 12:53 AM
That is so cool that you make towel animals at your villa. Maybe you could put a note stating they are for decoration and a permanent part of the villa?

sunsetlakes
29-06-2009, 06:28 AM
That is so cool that you make towel animals at your villa. Maybe you could put a note stating they are for decoration and a permanent part of the villa?

That's a great idea, thank you................... Sometimes I think if i'd been born with a brain i'd be dangerous :mental: I can't remember the link, but if anyone is interested, I learnt to make them by watching a video on YouTube :thumbsup:

Isafari
29-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I learnt to make them by watching a video on YouTube :thumbsup:

I blamed you !!!! :lol:
When DH woke up this morning to find towel animals watching him in bed :anxious:

MystikPiglit
29-06-2009, 11:10 AM
have made loads for our villa - I love making the elephant, pig, Monkies .

What a lovely touch. :thumbsup:

When DH woke up this morning to find towel animals watching him in bed :anxious:

:laugh: Brilliant!

Tink
29-06-2009, 11:49 AM
:lol: Issy!!!

We learned to make some on a cruise once. :yes: Herself remembers how to do some of them, but I don't. (No shock there, eh)? She can also make the guest bathroom towels and face cloths look all ruffly and fancy... however, we've found that our guests are unsure of using them when she does! :lol: We've had to reassure them any number of times that they are "allowed" to use the towels. :unsure: (Ummm... worries me what they though they should do instead of using the towels... :unsure: ). :lipwobble: :D

MystikPiglit
29-06-2009, 11:52 AM
We've had to reassure them any number of times that they are "allowed" to use the towels. :unsure: (Ummm... worries me what they though they should do instead of using the towels... :unsure: ). :lipwobble: :D

:eek: :laugh:

Mari
29-06-2009, 07:34 PM
This is a GREAT question!!!

We've never gotten towel animals :( but its GREAT to know we can take them home... :)

sunsetlakes
29-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I blamed you !!!! :lol:

How funny, but well done you for learning!! You'll have to get down to a local hobby craft or such like to get the stick on googly eyes - they even do some at ours with long eyelashes :ROFL1:

Mari
29-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Ill be looking up in you tube how to make them too!! :)

Isafari
29-06-2009, 09:40 PM
How funny, but well done you for learning!! :

They're quite easy when you know how :lol:

Ill be looking up in you tube how to make them too!! :)

There are quite a few Mari......I love the elephant!

Johnie
30-06-2009, 06:54 PM
You know when I go to someone's home and the towels look too "fancy" to use, I end up wiping my hands on my pants or using the tp to dry them......I'm always afraid to mess up the fancy towels.

Mandy
30-06-2009, 08:29 PM
We had some lovely towel animals last time were there made, but my DH wouldn't let me bring them home.

Here is a pic of some of them!

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/travelmam2008/mousekeepingcharacters.jpg

Mari
30-06-2009, 08:31 PM
There are quite a few Mari......I love the elephant!

wow!! you can make elephants??

cool!

Isafari
30-06-2009, 09:58 PM
wow!! you can make elephants??

cool!

564JETeon7g