PDA

View Full Version : Tamron lens exchange?

lozzy
29-06-2009, 10:35 AM
I got a Tamron 70mm-300mm lens when I brought my first DSLR but I never use it, does anyone know if there are any stores I could take it to and maybe trade it in for a lens I really want and pay the extra cost?

3637.vB

keith
29-06-2009, 10:41 AM
London Camera Exchange is the first one that springs to mind! Many others will do it too though

Jessops have stopped I believe and they never really offered fair market value anyway.

You won't get a lot for it since I think they were going for 99 with a new dslr or something anyway but yeah, every little helps especially if you're not going to use it!

lozzy
29-06-2009, 10:43 AM
London Camera Exchange is the first one that springs to mind! Many others will do it too though

Jessops have stopped I believe and they never really offered fair market value anyway.

You won't get a lot for it since I think they were going for 99 with a new dslr or something anyway but yeah, every little helps especially if you're not going to use it!

Thanks Keith, I remember them being really cheap but I will try, anything will help, I really want a wide angle lens and they aren't cheap.

keith
29-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks Keith, I remember them being really cheap but I will try, anything will help, I really want a wide angle lens and they aren't cheap.

yeah absolutely agree :thumbsup:

You'll get more on ebay but of course it's the hassle of selling it.

lozzy
29-06-2009, 11:00 AM
yeah absolutely agree :thumbsup:

You'll get more on ebay but of course it's the hassle of selling it.

I don't mind ebay as I have sold on there before, might give it ago.

lozzy
29-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Sold on ebay for 50.00

keith
29-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Sold on ebay for 50.00

yep, I'd say thats a good deal all round

ukwdwnut
30-06-2009, 01:28 PM
ive got the sigma and used it for distance closeups at a wedding in april great shots and good lens for getting closups if you cant get too close to the subject :)