PDA

View Full Version : Back from Cruise, TR to follow I promise!

Watchinherskip
30-06-2009, 01:23 PM
We had a great time on our cruise to Jamaica and Grand Caymen Island. I will post a TR properly soon. But the reason for this post is a first. For the first time ever, our flight back to VA went directly over WDW!!!!! I fortunately had the window seat and my eyes went directly towards DTD, then I picked out CB, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom...so near and yet so far!:sorry: Anyhow it was really cool to look down over the parks. But is sort of lost some of the magic seeing the tops of the rides and all. I loved the look of Spaceship Earth though.:yes:

Isafari
30-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Welcome home.
So pleased you had a great trip :yes: That must have been an amazing sight...no need to do a hot air balloon ride now :lol:

keith
30-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Welcome home :wave: but we TOTALLY need a trip report :D

Deb
30-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow Dan, that sounds brilliant! I'd have been so excited...I spend as much time as possible when I'm on a plane looking down to see landmarks :unsure: Sad, I know :lol:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! :thumbsup:

MystikPiglit
30-06-2009, 01:52 PM
For the first time ever, our flight back to VA went directly over WDW!!!!! I fortunately had the window seat and my eyes went directly towards DTD, then I picked out CB, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom.

Wow, how magical! I'm glad that you enjoyed your cruise. Pics please. :D

catrancher
30-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Welcome back, Dan!

Did Alex enjoy the trip? (stupid question number 38) :mental:

Definitely need a trippie on that one! :yes:

If you feel the need to go back for a few minutes, here's the link to a Cayman web cam in Georgetown. Grab control of it and you can see the cruise ship's at anchor out in the harbor.

Right at this moment, the Disney Magic is there. Probably with our very own Slowhand on board. :thumbsup:

Cayman Web Cam (http://www.caycompass.com/webcam/bayshore.shtml)

Tom (:macwave:... was I was on a cruise right now!)

uscwest
30-06-2009, 01:58 PM
And I don't suppose you had a camera ready? :toetap:

foreverducky
30-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Welcome back Dan!! Boy, that was quick trip, it seems like you just left. I'm sure you feel that way too.

Can't wait to read and see all about it. :D

Disneybumble
30-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Welcome home Dan. We will give you time to rest BUT we do want trip reports.

Watchinherskip
30-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Welcome back, Dan!

Did Alex enjoy the trip? (stupid question number 38) :mental:

Definitely need a trippie on that one! :yes:

If you feel the need to go back for a few minutes, here's the link to a Cayman web cam in Georgetown. Grab control of it and you can see the cruise ship's at anchor out in the harbor.

Right at this moment, the Disney Magic is there. Probably with our very own Slowhand on board. :thumbsup:

Cayman Web Cam (http://www.caycompass.com/webcam/bayshore.shtml)

Tom (:macwave:... was I was on a cruise right now!)
Hey Tom,
That is pretty cool! Alex had a wonderful time as we all did. More to follow with pics...

Hope Slowhand has as good a time as we did. We snorkled the barrier reef at GC island.

Watchinherskip
30-06-2009, 05:02 PM
And I don't suppose you had a camera ready? :toetap:

You know John, I thought about rushing up to my carry on for it, but I was selfish and didn't want to miss it! I did point it out to my buddy and some others overheard it and they all started oogling it!

ukwdwnut
30-06-2009, 05:20 PM
welcome home dan :wave:

glad you had a fab time

Watchinherskip
30-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Hey Mick, yeah thanks, it was awesome! Not a bad way to travel.

Tink
30-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Welcome home, 'skip! :yes:

I've never flown over WDW, can you imagine? All the times I fly, not once!

Glad that you got a chance to do so. :yes: Looking forward to the trip report. :yes:

Johnie
01-07-2009, 02:46 AM
Welcome back Dan! I can't wait to hear about your trip. How cool is that to fly over WDW!