PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in ghosts?

iluvdisney
02-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I know this is a disney forum but I think we can talk about stuff in here? if not can a moderator move my post please

Do you believe in the supernatural and ghosts? Until this week I laughed at those programmes on tv about haunted houses and things but Im really convinced I saw a ghost this week and its freaked me out

do you believe or not?

Isafari
02-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I know this is a disney forum but I think we can talk about stuff in here? if not can a moderator move my post please

Do you believe in the supernatural and ghosts? Until this week I laughed at those programmes on tv about haunted houses and things but Im really convinced I saw a ghost this week and its freaked me out

do you believe or not?

It is fine to post this :yes:
And, don't get me started on ghosts. Most of the guys here have heard my past experiences :lol:
So, would you like to share :D

iluvdisney
02-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Im new isafari I havent heard them at all and would really like some support :( could you tell me?????

Britchick
02-07-2009, 07:48 PM
i have seen ghosts before.

I was working on and elderly mentally ill ward about 16 years ago and was down in one of the bottom bedrooms when i saw a lady out of the corner of my eye. As i turned round she disappeared and i ran back up to the nurses desk and told another nurse about it- she asked me to describe the person- she said it sounded like someone that had died there before i started working there :unsure:

the most recent was just before Christmas last year, my Nana died on 19th Dec and she visited me in bed a couple of nights later, i sat up straight in bed and i saw her going away from me and into the wall. I was strangely comforted by this, don't know why

why don't you tell us what you saw iluvdisney?

wdwgrandma
02-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah. I do!

foreverducky
02-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Awww poor Diane. :hug2:

Oh BC, those are interesting experiences. I can see how seeing family would be comforting.

I definitely believe. I've not had experiences personally....knock on wood, but love watching Ghost Hunters on the Sci Fi channel, and my family has had experiences.

Tink
02-07-2009, 08:23 PM
You most certainly can talk about ghosts in here! :yes:

Issy has some wicked scary experiences though, so if you post them Issy warn me! :eek:

mumof2
02-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I try not to believe but having had a few 'feelings there's something there' I'm pretty scared!

josh.p.
02-07-2009, 10:06 PM
I definatley believe in them. :yes:

Ursula
03-07-2009, 06:30 AM
Oh yes most definitely. Can you please tell me too Issy.

Disneybumble
03-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Come on Diane lets revist that B&B-

Ursula
03-07-2009, 06:48 AM
We had a ghost in the house I grew up in as a child.

Isafari
03-07-2009, 09:12 AM
ok guys, you really want me to tell it again, I will. It will have to be this afternoon though :yes:

lozzy
03-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I believe in ghost, the house I grow up in had a ghost which used to be around the ground floor never upstairs, I would hear things banging at night when everyone was in bed.
I have seen one, my brother saw one when he was a little boy, my auntie saw one when saw was in having her first child and my mum saw one when she was carrying my brother.

We still have our friendly ghost and he was about a few nights back,

We have always believed from a very young age, my DF didn't believe untill we moved in to our flat together (the one we live in now)

Here are the stories that go with the sightings.

Mum carrying my brother.

When mum was pregnant with my brother she had a number of problems and was in and out of hospital, she was told at one point that she had lost my brother due to what had happened duing the pregnancy, mum didn't believe them and said she would let natura do it thing and refused to go in to hospital for an operation.
Well that night mum sleep on the sofa and she woke up duing the night for some reason, she looked over to an arm chair and saw a figure sitting there, at first she thought it was my dad but on a closer look she saw it was great grandad.
He got up walked over to her, put his hand on her tummy and said he is fine. she never saw great grandada again but my brother was final born, very health.
The doctors later said she most have been carrying twins and she had lost one.

My brother

He was about 7 and he had the back bedroom, he awoke one night and went running into mum and dads room shouting theres a man in my room, mum got up thinking someone had got into his room by climbiing on the roof to the extension, she followed him back to his room where he walked around something and got into bed, mum couldn't see anyone in his room so asked him where this person was, he points to the centre of his room.
Mum told him to go to sleep as she couldn't see anything. The next night he did it again, same thing mum couldn't see anyone, she told my brother if this man returns again he was to ask him to go away as he was scaring him.
Third night this man returned and my brother did what mum had told him, the man never returned, mum asked my brother after the third night what this man looked like as she had a funny feeling about it. My brother then described a tall, skinny man.
mum got out some old photo to show my brother and he picked out our great grandad from the photos and said he was the man who had been in his room.
My brother didn't know this man as he had passed away before he was born.

My auntie.

She was pregnant with her first child when her mum died, ( my nan, this wasn't expected) her mum had said she would be with her when she had her baby and the day she was in hospital having her baby she believes her mum was there and has said that when she had her baby and was sitting in bed holding her, her mum sat on the bed next to her.

As you can tell all of these are family ghost but mine isn't.

We moved into our flat in 1998 we had our first son Reece and he was about 1 when we moved in, at first we didn't have any problems. we went away on holiday that year and on our return we started to make the flat our own, well this is when it all started.
We started with the frontroom and this upset someone, we were getting doors closed on us, the cooker switch kept getting turned on, silly things really but we had upset someone and they were letting us know.
The worse thing they did was one evening, we had put Reece to bed, ( he was still in a cot) we always removed any teddies from his cot and put them in the corner of his room, well this night, after about 10 mins I went back to his room to check him like I always did and I found him in his cot but someone had out all his teddies back in the cot with him.
This really did scare us as it could have been a really dangerous thing, I got so upset and shouted who ever you are go away, after that night we didn't get anything for a long time.
We have now lived here for 12 years and we still have things happen but nothing as scary as that night, when ever we decorate a room they return. Last weekend it happened as we were doing the boys room, the cat was going mad all night and I didn't sleep that well.
We have seen a tall skinny man which could ever be my great grandad or the man who lived here.
The weird thing about our flat is that the family who lived here are related to a gentleman and his wife who I have cared for when working. I have told them the stories of what goes on in our flat and the wife said it was more than likely then not being to happy that we are changing what was they home. (A little sad really)

Sorry to go, LOL

foreverducky
03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
That gave me chills Lozzy. :yes:

Ursula
03-07-2009, 12:11 PM
ok guys, you really want me to tell it again, I will. It will have to be this afternoon though :yes:

ooer... pulls up chair and gets the snacks in ready.:thumbsup:

foreverducky
03-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I just love your experience Diane! So yes, I would love to hear it again.....'play it again Sam' :D

Isafari
03-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Ok guys….you’ve asked for it so I tell again!
I’ve had a few experiences which I can’t explain. The first was nearly 25 years ago on the night before I got married and the last was 2 months ago.

1)The night before I got married, I woke up during the night to hear breathing next to my bed. I had my back to where it was coming from. It was steady breathing and I just knew that ‘it’ was sitting on the chair next to my bed. I was too afraid to turn around and look. The next day, I was telling Mam. She said it must have been my Dad who died when I was 3 years old coming to hand me over to DH! The day Dad died I still remember very well. He was poorly in bed and Mam, myself and my brother were downstairs in the lounge. We could hear Dad upstairs and he was breathing very heavily….on the verge of snoring. The breathing stopped and Mam said he must have woken up so sent my brother upstairs to see if Dad wanted a cuppa. My brother found his dad dead.
I have been married nearly 25 years and have only spent a couple of nights apart from DH while he was working away from home. On each occasion, I have heard the breathing next to the bed.

2)About 15 years ago, Mam, myself and DH went on a trip down south, staying at various B&B’s along the way. This one B&B we stayed at was an old farmhouse. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it and we went to bed quite happy. When DH and I woke up in the morning, our bed was about 12 inches away from the wall. When we saw Mam at breakfast, before I told her this, she explained how her bedroom door had opened twice through the night and she had to get up and close it. This was a door with a latch that had to be lifted off the hook to open.

3)This is the one most of you have heard about…the most frightening night of my life!
A few years back now, DH and I were down south visiting his Mum. She lives in a mobile home ….. the type that has all of the rooms, bathroom, kitchen etc. No spare bedrooms though. So, we stayed at a B&B which was the closest we could get to her but it was still in the middle of nowhere. Open fields and no streets so no streetlamps.
It was about 2pm when went to check in. We thought we had better do this in daylight so we could find the place.
The building dated back to the 1300’s and to be honest, when we were shown to our room, the passageways gave me the creeps. They were so dark with no windows and old dolls sitting in the corners.
The guy opens the door to our room and says it is his best room….the lemon room. Everything in there was spotless and nice and fresh. We leave our bags and go out for the rest of the day.
It was about 11.30pm that night when we returned. You could barely see your hand in front of your face after the carlights went out. I held DH’s hand and we made our way up the path to the front door of the B&B. We had been given a key earlier. We felt like we were making way too much noise as we made our way up that gravel path, crunching coming from our steps. It was so quiet.
I kept hold of DH’s hand as we made our way through the passages….and the dolls eyes! I freely admit that by the time we got to our room, I felt very uneasy. This doesn’t take away anything from what happened that night. It happened. Word for word, I swear every word is true.
I actually put a chair up against the wooden door once inside the room. Tired, we basically stripped and hopped straight into bed…..didn’t even take my make up off!
The bedding was a heavy quilt with a satin topping stitched to the topside.Within minutes, I was fast asleep.

Not sure of the time, but it was still dark out…..something woke me up. My eyes opened and I let them adjust to the room. The lower half of my legs felt so heavy, there was a pressure on them. I thought it was weird but it didn’t bother me. I thought nothing of it and started to doze off again. Then I felt it….the quilt was over the top of my body and the satin top was being tugged. This was over my thighs. I lay as still as a lump of wood! There it was again….a definite tug, tug….like someone was straightening the bedding. I admit, I started to silently cry, I was afraid. I could hear DH breathing, obviously asleep. I gently and slowly felt to see where his hands were, I had to make sure he wasn’t twitching or anything in his sleep and pulling the covers. I got my pillow and put it over my face….it’s all I could think of at the time. I lay silently crying for a couple of hours while this tugging went on every half hour or so. Why I just didn’t scream, wake up DH, etc I do not know! I was beside myself with fear.
Then, DH started to scream….yes, scream. Well, there was NO WAY I was coming out from under my pillow. He screamed again, total fear in his voice. Then….silence.
I didn’t know if he was dead or alive but I stayed under that pillow. No more tugging.

When it started to get light outside, I woke him up by shoving him…. my head still under the pillow. He woke up and asked what was the matter. I took the pillow away and he nearly died with shock at the look of my face. I was white….apart from panda black eyes from my mascara. The pillowcase was soaked and covered in mascara. I asked him what he had been screaming at. It turns out he had dreamt there was a ghost in the room!

When we got out of bed, my mobile phone had lost all of it’s power even though it had just been charged and DH’s camera had been on charge all night and was still flat.
After breakfast, we walked around the back of the building where our room window was and we were in a graveyard. Right there, no land separating it from the building. The eariest thing….we walked through the graveyard, it was only small with about 20 graves. About 15 of them all had the same name inscribed on them. Our surname!

The following evening, I would not turn out any of the lights in that room. I did take off my make up…..and my head went back under the pillow…..and DH had to hold my hand all night. DMIL had given me something to make me sleep….I’m ashamed to say I didn’t ask what the pills were she gave me….I just took them, I could not have another night like last night.

4) My Most recent incidents. Not ready to talk about these openly just yet. Lets just say, I think Mam is still with me.

foreverducky
03-07-2009, 04:58 PM
:hug2: I love hearing about your night at that B&B. It never gets old. Thank you for sharing again. If or whenever you wish to talk about your experiences with regards to your mother I would love to listen.

malcolm
03-07-2009, 06:38 PM
The golf club where Kerry works is haunted by two friendly ghosts and there have been a number of sightings, there have been trays across the kitchen floor when no one in there and people have said going up the stairs to the ladies changing rooms they have felt a cold spot on the stairs. A person in mens changing rooms saw a little boy playing on the beams and said he should not be there and when he looked up again the boy was gone but he never passed him to get out the door, a few months later he was looking through club photos and saw the boy and pointed this out to the club owner who said that it was his great-great grandfather who had been dead over 100 years ago the member went quite white as if "he'd seen a ghost".
Kerry does have a photo that clearly shows an aperition and the photo and camera were checked by Kodac who said there was no interference or problem with film or camera but could not or did not want to confirm that there is a "ghost" in the picture.

mainecoon lover
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I believe in ghosts. When i was driving home one winter evening (not late) a man walked in front of my car as i was driving along. I swayed and the car across the road did as well but there was nothing there.
I have also seen 4 of my cats that have passed away around the house shortly after they passed. My recent one only two weeks ago with mozziac. It was strange as all the cats were in the garden enjoying the sun, a cat walked along the hall and went to the food cubboard and then went again.

Kate
03-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I love reading ghost things - love watching the programmes too. Ive had a couple of experiences, but im not sure if these were ghosts or not. I do believe in ghosts, but when something happens to me there has to be a rational explanation for it - not that its a ghost if that makes sense?

Diane, i love your b&b story, i remember it from the first time you posted it. It always makes me smile though when you say there was no way you were coming out from under that pillow! (cant say i blame you either!!)

Ursula
03-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't think I would have stayed at that B&B in the first place... it sounds creepy from the off.

Johnie
04-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh yes, I beleive in ghosts. I beleive I have the power to communicate with them. I DO NOT WANT TO though so I make that known to the universe. I swear it would freak me out too much. I get feelings sometimes of things being around.

My grandpa died when I was 21. I was devastated. Anyway, he comes to me in my dreams. Except I don't think they are dreams really. I think it IS him but dreams are the way to make it happen since I would freak out if I was awake and had these talks. I always feel better afterwards though :yes:

Tinkfan
04-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Yes i do believe in ghosts! We live in a house that's old by US standards almost 200 years. We have always had odd things happening here especially with our children. but the oddest thing happened when Ty was about 3 years old, it was Christmas time and late at night, We had all the lights off and just had the tree lights and mantle lights on. We had the television on but we really weren't paying attention to it. I looked up and saw an elderly man in a cardigan and house slippers cross the living room floor and head for the corner, this was the first time I had actually saw him full body and not a glimpse. I thought I was dreaming but Ty sat up at that time and asked "Mommy, who is that man in our chair?" Ben also saw him but was too stunned to speak. I always had the feeling there was someone there, it is a friendly spirit and we don't see him as often anymore. I had wondered if it was my Dad at first but sadly it wasn't.

foreverducky
04-07-2009, 01:50 PM
My grandpa died when I was 21. I was devastated. Anyway, he comes to me in my dreams. Except I don't think they are dreams really. I think it IS him but dreams are the way to make it happen since I would freak out if I was awake and had these talks. I always feel better afterwards though :yes:

I have very similar situations regarding my grandmother. I don't believe they are true dreams either.

Johnie
04-07-2009, 01:52 PM
:hug2: I think it's their way of comforting us

foreverducky
04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Definitely! I've said out loud that I love her, but don't think I could handle seeing her. I'd likely wet myself.

Johnie
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
:tongue: me too!!

I can't even watch movies that have a haunting/ghost/exorcism/ theme. That stuff can happen and I can't watch it.

foreverducky
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I love watching Ghost Hunters (but always get freaked out). I enjoy ghost movies, but will NOT watch anything related to exorcism stuff....a couple years ago they had the movie previews for that one movie about emily rose, for months I had to have my hand on the remote during the commerical breaks, so I could easily change the channel.

So, I guess I like the ghost stuff, as long as it doesn't happen to me.

Tinker
04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I certainly do . My grandfather was at the bottom of my bed 29 years ago . Right after I came home from the birth of my DS . I think he came to visit him and see that I was alright .
Of course, my mom didn't believe me . She said, I was dreaming , but I was wide awake .
Every once in awhile , I'll feel someone sitdown on the bed while I'm sleeping and of course it wakes me up .
And when Jim worked at the New York Italian Bakery . He saw spirits that had worked there previously . The boss man said , oh thats just Tony .

disaholic
05-07-2009, 11:24 AM
wow there were some amazing stories there. I've never seen any ghosts but I do believe we can hear/see things from other realms. actually reading this has made me happy to think that theres more to life if that makes sense

Ursula
05-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I have actually seen and heard things that can't really be explained so I KNOW for sure that there are things we don't yet really know of.

daftaboutdisney
05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
omg some of those stories are seriously strange :hug2:

I do believe but I've never seen one :( I wish I had though and keep an open mind

luvthemouse
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Absolutely. Although I didn't see him, my grandfather woke me up for school a week after he died. It was my first day back to school after he had passed (he died on Easter Sunday, 1984). I had hit the snooze button on my alarm for the second or third time and I felt someone grab my shoulder and shake me awake. I was alone in the house.

DH was visited by his Grandmother for a few years after she passed away. Always on her birthday...

wdwgrandma
05-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I have had several encounters in my lifetime. Here is one that stands out (sorry it's so long...):

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWDWGRA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWDWGRA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWDWGRA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="footer"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="page number"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Comic Sans MS"; panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:script; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-link:"Footer Char"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.FooterChar {mso-style-name:"Footer Char"; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-locked:yes; mso-style-link:Footer; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> Christmas thirty-some years ago I was pregnant with my 1st child. Hubby and I drove nearly 4 hours to get to my aunt’s house in Illinois. By the time we arrived I was exhausted.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
My aunt showed us to the room we’d be using. It was my cousin room and was directly off the kitchen. There was a door to the left that led to the attic. It locked so the kids wouldn’t play up there. I was so tired that I didn’t care about the door. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillows. <o:p></o:p>
I woke up in the middle of the night needing to go to the bathroom. The door was locked! I didn’t want to inconvenience anyone so I crawled back into bed and tried to fall asleep again.<o:p></o:p>
Just as I was nodding off, I heard music coming from behind the attic door that sounded like Jingle Bells. There must have had some sort of holiday music box behind the door. I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep, but the mechanical sound of music playing over and over was enough to kept me awake. I noticed the lights under the door. They reminded me of those old revolving lights that you used with aluminum Christmas trees. Eventually I fell asleep.<o:p></o:p>
I awoke the next morning to the sound of my mom and aunt talking in the kitchen. I jumped out of bed and ran to the door, prepared to pound on it to get their attention. However, the knob turned in my hand and the door opened. I dashed to the bathroom. When I got back Mom had poured me a cup of coffee and it was waiting for me on the table. I sat down and took a big swig. She asked me how I’d slept.<o:p></o:p>
I asked my aunt why she had locked the door. I could tell by the look on her face that she had no idea what I was talking about. She explained that she didn’t even have a key for that door. There was no way to lock it! I explained to them that I had gotten up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and couldn’t get out of the room. The door wouldn’t open. It was locked. <o:p></o:p>
Then I mentioned that the music and lights kept me awake for quite some time. Again my aunt had this blank look on her face and had no idea what I was talking about. So I explained the music and lights coming from behind the attic door. Her face turned pale and her eyes grew wide as I described the tinny sound of Jingle Bells and the flashing lights under the door.<o:p></o:p>
She reached into a drawer and pulled out a key and led us into the room where she unlocked the door. There were three or four steps leading up to a small landing. To the right of the landing was a window facing a side street. To the left the stairs continued on up to the attic. Sitting on the landing was an aluminum Christmas tree. Beside it was one of those revolving lights that would shine on the tree and make it turn colors.<o:p></o:p>
The old tree didn’t work anymore and had been put it there as decoration. She had planned on hooking up the light so that it would shine on the tree, but discovered later that there were no outlets to plug it in to. Then I saw the power cords for both the tree and the lights. Neither was plugged in! What had I seen and heard?<o:p></o:p>
My aunt began telling us about some of the strange things that had happened to her since she’d moved into the house. Like the time she got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and saw what she thought was the back of my uncle’s head facing away from her as he sat on the couch in the dark livingroom. “Bill, I thought you weren’t coming home until tomorrow. Why are you sitting in the dark?” As she asked him the question, the man on the couch just vanished!<o:p></o:p>
And there was the time that she was reading in bed. My uncle was once more out of town on business and she and the kids were alone in the house. She had trouble sleeping when he was gone. All the little sounds that houses make at night seemed scarier when she was alone.<o:p></o:p>
Then she felt it – a presence in the room! But no one was there. She was alone. To her amazement and shock she saw an impression being made on the sheets as if someone sat down on the side of the bed! Then she felt someone gently pat her on the back of her hand as if to reassure her that there was nothing to be frightened of! And as I sat there listening to her stories I had goosebumps pop up on my arms. But after my little experience, I believed every word she said! My aunt’s house is haunted.<o:p></o:p>

foreverducky
05-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Wow Donna!

Ursula
05-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Fabulous! passes around the torch for the next one.... I loving this!

wdwgrandma
05-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Here's another for you:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWDWGRA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PlaceName"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PlaceType"></o:smarttagtype><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWDWGRA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWDWGRA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> A few years ago I traveled with my parents and grandmother to stay in a small vacation home on an island on the gulf side of <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:state>. The house was very near the beach and every morning I’d get up before anyone else was awake and I’d go for a walk. Going north I could walk nearly ¾ of a mile before my path was blocked. Going south I could walk almost a mile before I came to a fishing pier. My toughest decision each morning was the direction I’d start walking. I’d go as far as I could in the direction I chose, turn around, and then go as far as I could in the opposite direction before returning to our little “home”. Most mornings this walk was uneventful and uninterrupted by others. The beach, fresh from the overnight tide, often presented me with beautiful shells or sand dollars. Mine would be the only foot prints left in the sand at that time of day.
However, one morning this pattern was to change. I got up, made a pot of coffee, poured myself a cup, and headed over to the beach to do my usual walk. The only way to enter the beach for quite some distance was via a small public walkway across the street from our house, and this is how I got to the beach everyday.
I headed north, with a view of the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Sunshine</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st="on">Skyway</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Bridge</st1:placetype></st1:place> in the distance. The Gulf was to my left and to my right was a series of new multi-million dollar homes being built. Tall chain link fences had been erected to keep both wild life and tourists away from any potential danger. These fences also blocked any possible exit from the beach to the street.
I stopped along the way to watch a large ray swim by leaving a wake in its path. As I stood there sipping my coffee and watching the ray, I was totally alone – or so I believed. As I turned to continue my walk, I was surprised to see a man coming toward me. In the week that I’d been there, I’d yet to see anyone else out on the beach that early. I was even more surprised to notice that the man, as he got closer, was wearing a black suit and tie. He was even wearing dress shoes! He hadn’t removed his shoes and socks and rolled up his pant legs to walk the beach! How odd.
The closer he got the more details I could make out. He was old, tall and skinny. He was bald on top, and the white fringe of hair beneath was thin and scraggly. He wasn’t scary looking, but for some reason he reminded me of a minister or maybe an undertaker.
Soon we were nearly side-by-side. As he walked past I heard him say “Good morning, young lady”, and I mumbled a quick “good morning” in return. It was then that it dawned on me that as I looked down the beach in the direction from which he came, there were no foot prints in the sand - none. In shock I turned to look for him. But he had vanished! Totally! And there were no foot prints to show me the directions he had gone!
He couldn’t have scaled the tall fences and escaped to the street! They were too high. Besides, he was too old. He hadn’t walked into the water. But he was gone!
I suddenly came to my senses and realized that he must have been a ghost! I dumped the last dregs of my coffee onto the sand and ran for the walkway! I ran all the way back to our house.
When I entered the kitchen where Mom stood making breakfast, she turned and looked at me and said “Why is your face so pale? Did you see a ghost?” It was quite a while before I could sit down and tell her that, yes, I had seen a ghost! And that was also the end of my solitary early morning walks along the beach.

Ursula
05-07-2009, 10:04 PM
OMG how fascinating.

wdwgrandma
05-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh, these are written like stories because several years ago I was asked to submit them to a site that was putting together a compilation.

foreverducky
05-07-2009, 10:48 PM
That is so interesting! At least he was polite. :)

wdwgrandma
05-07-2009, 11:03 PM
He reminded me of Mr Burns on The Simpsons - but this was in 1988...

Ursula
06-07-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm definitely inviting Donna to my next sleepover... she's fabulous!

Isafari
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Wow, Donna!

Deb
06-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Wow! Everyone's accounts of ghosts are amazing!!! :yes:

I'm a believer. I've had a few experiences over the years, and know many people who have too. I remember when I left home when I was 18 and moved into my first flat - it was an awful place. Anyway, things just kept disappearing, then turning up. I vividly remember I'd been shopping, and put the butter into a cupboard as the fridge hadn't been delivered yet. I made some toast, went to get the butter, and it wasn't there. As I knew for certain I'd put it there I was baffled. Two hours later, I went back into the same cupboard and there was the butter - what was really freaky was that it was icy cold as if it had just come out of a freezer...and it was the middle of Summer in a very warm room. This has happened to me a lot since (no, I'm not just scatterbrained :taunt: ) and I have learned to not look for things at this time - they turn up if I don't get wound up about it.

When I lived in my 200 year old house in Cumbria I used to clearly hear an old lady say my name, "Deborah". It wasn't a voice in my head, it was definitely a voice coming from the room around me.

My ex and I stayed with about 20 people in a very old barn conversion for a long weekend. This was a place with a lot of history, and a lot of original furniture. Everyone went home while we were staying on our own for one more night. We both glanced up at the gallery landing at the same time and saw a figure come from the wall and disappear again where the gallery balustrade started. We both knew no-one else was there but went up to check anyway. Sure enough, no one, and no rooms there either. The ex had to go outside to bring in firewood soon after that, and had the distinct feeling someone was there with him - though of course he recognised that he may have been so spooked that he may just have been making himself feel that.

My sister lost a baby quite early on in her pregnancy. A few years later when she'd had another, my niece was about 4 years old then, she started to get a lot of disruptive activity in the house, sort of mild poltergeist stuff, muschevious more than harmful, and always when my niece and her were together. Eventually she asked someone who knows about these things to come and have a look. This lady asked her if she'd lost a child. She reckoned it was DS baby who just wanted to be part of the family, and to let DS acknowledge him. She told her to have a chat to him, let him know she cared, and she'd never forget him, and that he didn't need to do those things for that to be true. Since the moment she did that nothing like that has ever happened again, and she still lives there. She sometimes says Hi to him, and so do I when I pop to see her!

I've visited Muncaster Castle in Cumbria many times. Once when it was quiet and I was looking at one the portraits I saw a figure flashing by my eyes. I looked round and the owner of the castle was there (as he often was, it's their home just as much as a place to visit) and he said to me "Don't worry, that was Old Tom". Hmmm.

Since we moved in here, electric switches that were on get somehow switched off (not the other way round thank goodness, but we don't leave anything potentially dangerous, like the iron, plugged into the socket just in case). At first we were accusing each other of being forgetful, but it has now happened too many times to be that.

ukwdwnut
06-07-2009, 01:16 PM
i guess if i saw one id be a believer until then im gonna sit on this uncomfy fence :)

lozzy
06-07-2009, 01:17 PM
It's great to read other peoples ghost stories and it makes me believe even more than I already do that life does go on.

Deb
06-07-2009, 01:24 PM
i guess if i saw one id be a believer until then im gonna sit on this uncomfy fence :)

Hope there's no barbed wire on top of it Mick :D

ukwdwnut
06-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Hope there's no barbed wire on top of it Mick :D

:lol: if there is deb i cant feel it :lol:

foreverducky
06-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Okay, I will share what my family has shared with me. My paternal grandparents lived in those old house in Indiana. They just knew someone was there. At the time my aunts still lived with them, well, if they left their necklaces on their dressers they would be broken in the morning.

Additionally, when my parents when to stay there one evening they had went to bed and my father woke up to a long hair woman standing over his side of the bed. Being the Marine, tough guy that my father is, he put his foot through her and said that if he could put his foot through something then it wasn't something to fear.

Then when my grandparents were moving they heard a woman sobbing, and if you ventured upstairs the air suddenly got very cold. My uncle at the time, would only help move things from downstairs.

piglet
06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Can I come and sit next to you please Mick? All these stories are definitely making me :tremble: and I live by myself

Ursula
06-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Quite often DH and I can feel a cat jump onto our bed between us and pad the blanket, yet our cat is shut in the kitchen for the night and there is no cat there... we've even sat up and looked to see if she has somehow got into our room and nothing has been there. It's not our cat who died because it happened when he was still with us and shut in the kitchen for the night. This is not an old house and has only had three tenants in including us an the previous tenants didn't have a cat so who's cat it is we don't know.... however the houses are built on an old airfield site.

Mari
06-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Ok guys….you’ve asked for it so I tell again!
I’ve had a few experiences which I can’t explain. The first was nearly 25 years ago on the night before I got married and the last was 2 months ago.

1)The night before I got married, I woke up during the night to hear breathing next to my bed. I had my back to where it was coming from. It was steady breathing and I just knew that ‘it’ was sitting on the chair next to my bed. I was too afraid to turn around and look. The next day, I was telling Mam. She said it must have been my Dad who died when I was 3 years old coming to hand me over to DH! The day Dad died I still remember very well. He was poorly in bed and Mam, myself and my brother were downstairs in the lounge. We could hear Dad upstairs and he was breathing very heavily….on the verge of snoring. The breathing stopped and Mam said he must have woken up so sent my brother upstairs to see if Dad wanted a cuppa. My brother found his dad dead.
I have been married nearly 25 years and have only spent a couple of nights apart from DH while he was working away from home. On each occasion, I have heard the breathing next to the bed.

2)About 15 years ago, Mam, myself and DH went on a trip down south, staying at various B&B’s along the way. This one B&B we stayed at was an old farmhouse. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it and we went to bed quite happy. When DH and I woke up in the morning, our bed was about 12 inches away from the wall. When we saw Mam at breakfast, before I told her this, she explained how her bedroom door had opened twice through the night and she had to get up and close it. This was a door with a latch that had to be lifted off the hook to open.

3)This is the one most of you have heard about…the most frightening night of my life!
A few years back now, DH and I were down south visiting his Mum. She lives in a mobile home ….. the type that has all of the rooms, bathroom, kitchen etc. No spare bedrooms though. So, we stayed at a B&B which was the closest we could get to her but it was still in the middle of nowhere. Open fields and no streets so no streetlamps.
It was about 2pm when went to check in. We thought we had better do this in daylight so we could find the place.
The building dated back to the 1300’s and to be honest, when we were shown to our room, the passageways gave me the creeps. They were so dark with no windows and old dolls sitting in the corners.
The guy opens the door to our room and says it is his best room….the lemon room. Everything in there was spotless and nice and fresh. We leave our bags and go out for the rest of the day.
It was about 11.30pm that night when we returned. You could barely see your hand in front of your face after the carlights went out. I held DH’s hand and we made our way up the path to the front door of the B&B. We had been given a key earlier. We felt like we were making way too much noise as we made our way up that gravel path, crunching coming from our steps. It was so quiet.
I kept hold of DH’s hand as we made our way through the passages….and the dolls eyes! I freely admit that by the time we got to our room, I felt very uneasy. This doesn’t take away anything from what happened that night. It happened. Word for word, I swear every word is true.
I actually put a chair up against the wooden door once inside the room. Tired, we basically stripped and hopped straight into bed…..didn’t even take my make up off!
The bedding was a heavy quilt with a satin topping stitched to the topside.Within minutes, I was fast asleep.

Not sure of the time, but it was still dark out…..something woke me up. My eyes opened and I let them adjust to the room. The lower half of my legs felt so heavy, there was a pressure on them. I thought it was weird but it didn’t bother me. I thought nothing of it and started to doze off again. Then I felt it….the quilt was over the top of my body and the satin top was being tugged. This was over my thighs. I lay as still as a lump of wood! There it was again….a definite tug, tug….like someone was straightening the bedding. I admit, I started to silently cry, I was afraid. I could hear DH breathing, obviously asleep. I gently and slowly felt to see where his hands were, I had to make sure he wasn’t twitching or anything in his sleep and pulling the covers. I got my pillow and put it over my face….it’s all I could think of at the time. I lay silently crying for a couple of hours while this tugging went on every half hour or so. Why I just didn’t scream, wake up DH, etc I do not know! I was beside myself with fear.
Then, DH started to scream….yes, scream. Well, there was NO WAY I was coming out from under my pillow. He screamed again, total fear in his voice. Then….silence.
I didn’t know if he was dead or alive but I stayed under that pillow. No more tugging.

When it started to get light outside, I woke him up by shoving him…. my head still under the pillow. He woke up and asked what was the matter. I took the pillow away and he nearly died with shock at the look of my face. I was white….apart from panda black eyes from my mascara. The pillowcase was soaked and covered in mascara. I asked him what he had been screaming at. It turns out he had dreamt there was a ghost in the room!

When we got out of bed, my mobile phone had lost all of it’s power even though it had just been charged and DH’s camera had been on charge all night and was still flat.
After breakfast, we walked around the back of the building where our room window was and we were in a graveyard. Right there, no land separating it from the building. The eariest thing….we walked through the graveyard, it was only small with about 20 graves. About 15 of them all had the same name inscribed on them. Our surname!

The following evening, I would not turn out any of the lights in that room. I did take off my make up…..and my head went back under the pillow…..and DH had to hold my hand all night. DMIL had given me something to make me sleep….I’m ashamed to say I didn’t ask what the pills were she gave me….I just took them, I could not have another night like last night.

4) My Most recent incidents. Not ready to talk about these openly just yet. Lets just say, I think Mam is still with me.

I had never heard you tell these stories Diane... Ive got goosebumps

:hug2:

Isafari
06-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I had never heard you tell these stories Diane... Ive got goosebumps

:hug2:

I had a bit more than goosebumps Marie :tremble:

Mandy
06-07-2009, 08:50 PM
I do believe in ghost, sometimes when I am in the house on my own am a little scared at times especially if I hear a sudden noise and don't know where it has come from.

Mari
06-07-2009, 09:47 PM
wow Donna!!!! those were GREAT!

I had a bit more than goosebumps Marie :tremble:

I bet you did Diane!!!

Mari
08-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Ok.. after reading everyone else's stories, here's what Ive experienced..

First, I have to say I have never SEEN a ghost, but Ive seen what they can do.

When I was about 5 we moved to a new house. It was big, old and pretty run down.

Nothing too weird ever happened, but we had more than our normal share of lost keys, lost shoes, lost everything!... No matter where you had left something, it was almost guaranteed that you wouldnt find it, at least not where you had left it.

I had a younger sister and a younger brother, and when they were born, the things dissappearing stopped.

My sister had an imaginary friend, always pulled up a chair for him, talked to him all the time, etc... she would only call him, "el niño" the boy...

When my brother and sister grew up a bit, say, 6-7 years old, things started dissappearing again, the radio volume would go up and down without anyone moving it, plush toys would appear on the floor in the mornings, and one day as I entered a room I was showered with all the posters I had hung up on the wall... another time, all of the plush animals came tumbling down from a bookshelf... but it was never anything too scary and it was always stuff you could "logically explain"

A few years later, my parents hired a maid, who had a newborn daughter and the weird things stopped happening... when she was around 18 months she started developing an imaginary friend, she would also pull out a chair for him, talk and so on... when she was about 2 we asked her what her friend was called, she just said "he says he is called el niño, that everybody calls him that"....

That was the first time it suddenly CLICKED to everyone that she couldnt have made up the exact imaginary friend my sister had, and also that it was very odd that weird things stopped whenever there was a baby or toddler living in the house....

3 years later, our maid had another lovely daughter, Karla... and guess what? yeap! she also played with El Niño for a couple of years, even though her older sister couldnt see him anymore and couldnt remember ever playing with him...

They moved out when Karla was almost 3.

A few nights after they moved out, the dogs woke me up, I could hear them barking in the back garden (my parents have a couple of swings there). It was a full moon night, so you could see clearly without turning the lights on... I got up from bed and walked to the second story window to shh the dogs...

The 3 dogs were sitting around a swing, and the swing was swinging... REALLY fast ... and all three just sat around it barking.... I honestly thought it could have been the wind, but the trees werent moving, the other swing wasnt moving, nothing but that particular swing was moving, so then I thought maybe one of the dogs somehow walked under it and pulled it or something, and the swing would stop moving pretty soon...I stayed and watched and waited... and waited... and waited.... and after about 5 minutes of non stop swinging, I just let EL NIÑO be, and swing on his swing all night long.....to the dogs barking...

That was the first time I experienced a ghost,or what I believe was a ghost...

Some time later, I was sitting in the living room, my boyfriend at the time was in the next room.... I was falling asleep until suddenly I started hearing the couch next to me squeaking... the sound some pieces of furniture make when you jump on them.... I kept my eyes closed, and just said to my boyfriend... shh! Im tired... and he answered back from the next room.... why are you shhing me and why are you jumping on the couch?
I opened my eyes, and saw the couch next to me, and although I couldnt actually see anyone, I could see the couch's seat going down everytime the couch squeaked..... just as if a child was jumping on it...
My boyfriend came in the room, and the look of shock on his face I think was what scared me the most....
After about 10 seconds he just shouted "Stop it!" ... and the couch stopped moving and squeaking....
He still couldnt believe what he had seen and even turned the couch upside down convinced that it was either a trick or maybe an animal stuck inside.... of course... he found NOTHING

The last one I remember.... on a very cold morning, we found a child´s handprint on the living room window.... it was very high up, so NO WAY any child (plus, there were no children in the family at the time) could have made it...
It was filled with tiny specks of water..... so weird...

And well.. then my cousins were born, and my parents got a new maid who has a little boy, and then Tatiana was born.... so I guess they are all keeping El Niño busy for the time being....

OH! my brother and some of his friends have claimed to have seen a little boy looking at them and waking them up at night, really creepy (but they were drunk, so maybe they were just imagining things hahaha)... but no one in my family, except for my brother and his friends have ever actually seen him....

Isafari
08-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Wow Mari....that's all I can think of, just WOW!
Do you still live in the same house as El Nino?

Mari
08-07-2009, 06:04 PM
yeap... well... my parents do

josh.p.
08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
One time I was walking Sonny, I was on a road opposite a cemetary. Before the cemetary walls there is a patch of grass and people often let their dogs poo on there without picking it up. As I walked Sonny along the opposite side of the road, He let out a yelp and was really clingy to me. There was an old man over on the patch of grass walking his dog, I thought it was odd as Sonny is NOT clingy or scared around other dogs.

I looked back again and there was no-one there. The only way the man could of got out of my view is if he scaled the walls to get into the cemetary. The road was really long as he couldn't of gotten that far down in the space of 2 seconds, and he was quite old so it would have taken him ages.

I am not 100% sure it was a ghost, but that seems the only reasonable explanation for me.

Kate
08-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh my goodness Mari, your stories have given me goosepimples, especially the swing one!
You dont seem at all bothered, scared or anything - i suppose you just accepted that he was there?
No real explanation for all those children having an imaginary friend with the same name is there, other than a spirit of course

Tinkfan
08-07-2009, 08:41 PM
:jawdrop:Oooh, Mari!!!!

Deb
10-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Wow Mari! It'll be interesting to see if Tatiana makes friends with el nino when she goes to stay at the right age!