PDA

View Full Version : Whats the mafia application/game on facebook?

MKjake
02-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry if this is me being thick but I keep getting invitations to play mafia and give people mafia gifts on facebook? What the heck is it :lol:

uscwest
03-07-2009, 11:09 AM
The game is called Mafia Wars. You start play as a street thug and work your way up by doing "Jobs", whacking mobsters, robbing people. All the way you are building your "family" and gathering loot, etc. If you don't want to receive all those messages from your friends who are playing, the next time you get a request use the Block this Application button.

Debbie2
07-07-2009, 01:54 PM
The game is called Mafia Wars. You start play as a street thug and work your way up by doing "Jobs", whacking mobsters, robbing people. All the way you are building your "family" and gathering loot, etc. If you don't want to receive all those messages from your friends who are playing, the next time you get a request use the Block this Application button.

Is this what all your weird profile update messages are about, John???

uscwest
07-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Is this what all your weird profile update messages are about, John???
Yeah, a lot of it. When you do certain things within MW you are given the option to Publish or Skip. I rarely do a publish but for some reason lots of folks can't get it through their heads that all they are doing is clogging the system with all the rubbish that they publish. You can turn it off, but then you won't get the messages when members of your "family" request help on jobs that enable you to earn money and get experience points.

Debbie2
07-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah, a lot of it. When you do certain things within MW you are given the option to Publish or Skip. I rarely do a publish but for some reason lots of folks can't get it through their heads that all they are doing is clogging the system with all the rubbish that they publish. You can turn it off, but then you won't get the messages when members of your "family" request help on jobs that enable you to earn money and get experience points.

:yes::yes:Ah.. I thought as much - or you and Donna had been at the sherry :)