PDA

View Full Version : 9 1/2 weeks. Can I pack yet?

KelBelle
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I really want to start packing :( It's not fair lol. I normally wait until the night before because it adds to my excitement but I just dont think I can wait anymore! xx

keith
05-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I totally think you should start putting little things in there :yes: 9 1/2 weeks is just gonna go SOOOOOO fast! you'll be there before you know it :hug2:

KelBelle
05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
I might start doing that :) But the only problem is, my mum wants to borrow a case for her holiday in August!! Ahhhh lol.
And I'll probably end up taking everything back out and repacking it all anyway lol xx

Isafari
05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
You could clear yourself a drawer (heck even a cardboard box) and start putting odds and ends in. :yes:

keith
05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I might start doing that :) But the only problem is, my mum wants to borrow a case for her holiday in August!! Ahhhh lol.
And I'll probably end up taking everything back out and repacking it all anyway lol xx

:lol: we do that a milliion times anyway! Wheres my face cloth, "IN THE CASE", ermmm hello? we don't GO for like a year??????

:laugh:

Poohtle
05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
I usually get everything together in the spare bedroom. Little piles of this and that, suncream, cossies, books etc. I can keep going to look at them and see the piles growing. Helps the excitement when you can't actually pack!!!

Mind you it stresses me to see the growing piles and wonder if I will get everything in the cases!!!

Tinkfan
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
:slap: The problem is that the earlier I start, the more I overpack! Wellll, I might need that! Then the week before we go, I end up carting half of it back to my closet!! Especially for Ty! What boy needs to bring 10 pairs of shorts and 20 shirts?!

Taja
06-07-2009, 01:23 AM
You absolutely can begin to pack now! If your mum is going to borrow your case in the interim, just use a box or drawer. Pack the special things you've purchased or take each trip and anything you won't need until then.

Or make lists. It's probably easier to remove things from the list than from your prepacked case/box! A bit like arranging furniture on paper before actually moving it! :lol:

Karen
06-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I start putting things in the spare room as soon as I book. Dont know why as I keep having to get most of the clothes out to wear now.

ukwdwnut
06-07-2009, 08:50 AM
you mean you havent already kel :lol:

Mandy
06-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I don't start packing until about 2 or 3 days before we go as I can't stand clothes being left around the house. I do start to get a few things together and leave them in one place a few weeks before we go. :)

MystikPiglit
07-07-2009, 01:57 PM
(heck even a cardboard box) and start putting odds and ends in.

:yes: Yep, I started filling mine about 3 months ago! :D:mickeybounce:

Mind you it stresses me to see the growing piles and wonder if I will get everything in the cases!!!

:laugh: I thought that was just me...

Jodie
07-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Kelly, i'm so glad you got it sorted! I haven't been on in a while so missed your update!

Mari
07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Nope

you cant pack a thing Missy... until you post your pretrip report...

.. Im still waiting....

KelBelle
07-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Nope

you cant pack a thing Missy... until you post your pretrip report...

.. Im still waiting....

OMG Yeah lol I started doing it but then I dont know why I didnt finish :S x

mumof2
07-07-2009, 09:31 PM
i usually get a couple of those fold up storage baskets and start putting bits and pieces in them, toiletries and such like but not the clothes 'til nearer the time!

piglet
08-07-2009, 01:16 PM
OMG I started packing ages ago and I'm not going till December. I buy all those little travel bottles from Boots like shampoo, conditioner, Hedex (for drinking too much wine and getting rid of the hangover). I've even bought a first aid bag in case I break anything :wink: