PDA

View Full Version : Spending money

lozzy
07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
As some of you will know we are going to ST Lucia in 3 months and the holiday package like most caribbean holidays it is all-inclusive. we are hoping to see as mush of the island as we can and do some trips. I was hoping someone may be able to give me an idea of how much spending money we may need.
As Florida has been take as much as poss we aren't sure what we will need.

mumof2
07-07-2009, 09:32 PM
good question, can't help you though - soz! :sorry:

Ursula
07-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Hmmmn... When we went to Barbados we didn't have the Florida luggage allowance so that does restrict you to be honest. If the Hotel provides beach towels then don't take your own, you will prolly want to buy some to bring back. There were no bargains to be had in Barbados it was quite pricey... but... if you haven't been to USA for a while and you want to stock up on some USA type things.. mitchum gel deos, secrets deod that sort of thing then you will prolly find it there on that Island as it is geared alot for the Americans. We were quite happy to find some things we had run out of and could get it there! Bonus! Anyways.... conch shells were expensive and blow fish (we didn't buy blow fish, it's not recommended like turtle shells) All I can do is go by Barbados and assume St Lucia will be the same because food etc has to be brought onto the Island.. a newspaper like The Mirror or The Sun was about 4 in English money! (30p here) So some things are horrendous. Luckily you are going AI... make the most of it, we didn't and never again would we go SC in the Caribbean! 1,000 will see you through easily.

josh.p.
07-07-2009, 11:07 PM
When we have gone all inclusive we have spent about half the money we usually would.

premier travel
08-07-2009, 06:44 AM
We went to Barbados last year adn hired a car for two days so we saw parts of the island you would not normally do, went on a smalll cat and also the helicopter and for 4 of us spent around 800. But I did find that we organised the trips though the hotel rather than a rep and they were much cheaper. As there was 8 of us the small cat was fantastic as we had it to ourselves rather than 40 people!

Tink
08-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Barbados is generally less expensive than St. Lucia. Having been to both islands (during the same holiday) I can say that (minus my beloved green monkeys :D ) we found St. Lucia to be the nicer island, and the more costly.

We did a half day excursion on the tall ship that was used in The Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't honestly remember what it cost per person, but I think it was something along $80? The shops are lovely, and pricey, as are the majority of restaurants.

If you have the all inclusive, dining off the resort won't be much of an issue though.

There is a common market where you can purchase touristy bits... be highly alert to wide variations in prices. ONe little both area will charge you $20 for a child's t-shirt whereas another will sell you five of the same for $20. :unsure:

It's a beautiful, relaxing island. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

premier travel
08-07-2009, 11:11 AM
We were all inclusive but decided to dine out one evening and it was so expensive just for a basic italian.

After that we ate in as they were all all carte and you could order picnic basic if you were out for a day. They were excellant full of nice food etc.
Kim