View Full Version : Places to relax around Disney World :)

09-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Are there any places you like to go and just sit and people watch for awhile?

We're always running around madly sometimes I feel we would do better to find a nice place to stop, have an ice cream and cool down

09-07-2009, 11:31 AM
tomorrow land transit authority!

09-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh, loads of places!!! :yes:

TTA as Brit says is a good one, not so much for people watching, but for resting, being lightly entertained and cooling off. Do listen to the announcements. :D

World Showcase has any number of places. One of my favorite is the side garden at the UK. (Not the one full around back, the one to the side, near the chrysalis box).

We also like to sit at any World Showcase bench in the shade, any where around the lagoon and watch people. You see some incredible things! :D

Essentially, that's our "secret." We find a bench in the shade in which ever park and just take it all in.

AK is a bit different as the shade there isn't always synonymous with coolness, as that park seems to be more hot and humid than any other park. We try to find the coolest area (sometimes that is down behind Flame Tree BBQ, or along the "river" in Asia, and just relax.

For me, watching the gorillas is very relaxing, and I'll stand there for hours if allowed. :yes: :spring:

09-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Love the TTA to relax, regroup, and plan. :yes:

09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
AK is a bit different as the shade there isn't always synonymous with coolness, as that park seems to be more hot and humid than any other park.

Less buildings than any other park. Less buildings means less doors open blowing out A/C.

09-07-2009, 02:29 PM
There are many good places around but some that I like to people watch from are:
in Sunset Boulevard (DHS), the Dawa Bar (AK) and from the rocking chairs in Liberty Square MK.

09-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Future World - by the fountain. Possibly my favourite chill-out spot in the whole of WDW.

In front of the castle is also nice. The rocking chairs on Tom Sawyers Island are also a nice place to sit and while away a bit of time.

09-07-2009, 05:14 PM
we love sitting a the Cantina in the Mexico pavillion

yes.. the margaritas are the top reason, hahahaha, but you can enjoy some snacks like nachos, people watch, feed thelagoon ducks and get some great views of the world showcase :)

31-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I've never really found a place in the parks but a hammock at the Poly & the leather chairs in the lobby of WL!

31-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Cosmic Ray's. (A lot of times when we go, it isn't crowded).

But I have to say that my favorite quiet spots aren't even in the parks. I find the lobby of The Wilderness Lodge very serene. Also hanging out at Fort Wilderness.

01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Pretty much any where when I need a break! :lol:

Ahhhh--just watch out for the birds if you sit on one of those tree boxe seats in Frontierland during the day! :eek: