Mandy
10-07-2009, 07:16 AM
My God! Where has the week gone to!

ukwdwnut
10-07-2009, 07:18 AM
YAY last day at work and 9 weeks off WOOHOO :wiggle: :D

Isafari
10-07-2009, 07:21 AM
This is my last day off with my elbow injury....but then we only have a couple more weeks before the summer shutdown :D
We are going to DFIL's for lunch today and then having a lazy weekend.

mumof2
10-07-2009, 08:09 AM
had a worrying couple of days with Mum being poorly so now she's ok I can relax a bit!

Jamie finished his college last Friday for the summer so he's had to go to school today instead, but only for 2 lessons as that's all he has scheduled for today as he's not normally there on a Friday.

Matthew is meeting me 1/2 way home after school today, as he's almost 10 I thought it would be ok for him to do so now.....he's been to the local park a couple of times with his friends and it's a bit scary to let my baby go off like that, it was bad enough when Jamie started to do it! All good so far though.

Some of his friends have been going for ages....not sure about that :unsure:

DH is working Saturday and Sunday, and I'm hoping for a bit of hot weather to heat up the water in the pool so I can sit in it!

tb2830
10-07-2009, 08:17 AM
i have been decorating :donald: today i have work at 1 and 1 more week at school for the kids

sunsetlakes
10-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm absolutely brillo'd this morning, we were up half the night trying to sort out a problem with the villa. Our guests had very kindly gone out for the day to the parks and left their hair straighteners plugged in - they had eventually started overheating and the smoke from them set off the fire alarm which is linked to the fire station. We had fire trucks dispatched and our Management Company shot over (fortunately they arrived at the same time as the fire department, so was able to prevent damage to the doors by letting them in!) Pleased to say that the detectors did their job and a fire was averted, but it seems it was a close call. Think now i've got DS to school I might have another hour in bed :wave:

daveann
10-07-2009, 08:32 AM
thank god its friday

Yorkie
10-07-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm absolutely brillo'd this morning, we were up half the night trying to sort out a problem with the villa. Our guests had very kindly gone out for the day to the parks and left their hair straighteners plugged in - they had eventually started overheating and the smoke from them set off the fire alarm which is linked to the fire station. We had fire trucks dispatched and our Management Company shot over (fortunately they arrived at the same time as the fire department, so was able to prevent damage to the doors by letting them in!) Pleased to say that the detectors did their job and a fire was averted, but it seems it was a close call. Think now i've got DS to school I might have another hour in bed :wave:

OMG Linda, you are having some problems lately x Thank God it was sorted out quickly before any real damage was done. Take care hun x

Claire
10-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Well I have a sick boy at home. Wondering if I should ring NHS Direct as the symptoms are rather similar to something that's been in the news a lot lately. :unsure:

Deb
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Well I have a sick boy at home. Wondering if I should ring NHS Direct as the symptoms are rather similar to something that's been in the news a lot lately. :unsure:

Better to be safe Claire. It won't do any harm.

Poor him :(

Disneybumble
10-07-2009, 09:15 AM

Oh my goodness Linda. Thank goodness any serious damage was averted

:hug2:
Call the Dr's Claire. My BF son has it at the moment:thumbsdown:. I was round with her yesterday as she is recovering from an operation. Her son was off and went down hill while l was there. We called the surgery and your advised not to go in. They did an assesment over the phone and we had to take his temp twice whilst the Dr was on the phone. He has been given tamiflu. TBH l think they are covering their backs. He wasn't majorly ill and if that is swine flu well i'm not that worried.

We have my MIL's 70th birthday tonight and then the weekend is pretty free.

josh.p.
10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh dear! SO glad that a problem was averted :yes:

I'd ring just to double check :yes:

Well I am entering the final week before the eggs are due and getting increasingly nervous but excited at the same time :yes:

Deb
10-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Josh is gonna be a Daddy!!!! Awww!!! I only hope they don't look too much like you Josh :unsure: For your sake not theirs!! :D

Linda, I'm glad that things worked out alright with your villa!!! A bit of a scare though!

wdwgrandma
10-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I've had the last 3 Friday's off and I'm NOT looking forward to being at work everyday next week. I rather like 4-day work weeks...

josh.p.
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Josh is gonna be a Daddy!!!! Awww!!! I only hope they don't look too much like you Josh :unsure: For your sake not theirs!! :D

Linda, I'm glad that things worked out alright with your villa!!! A bit of a scare though!
:rotfl:

I can't imagine a tortoise with glasses.. or me with a shell for that matter :unsure:

lozzy
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Well I'm glad it's friday but as all mum's and dad's will know that doesn't make a difference, still have to get up as eldest son does karate lessosn on Saturday mornings. plus it was my first evening of 7 in a row last night so it's my weekend of working.

I've had a busy week as my youngest is doing wildlife week at school as I had to make a bug suit plus my friend asked if I could make her little girl one. My boy was a bumble bee and I made a lady bug for my friends daughter.

I also said some bad news this week about my Grandad, he isn't very well and to add to all his current health problems he has now been told he has an en-larged liver which could mean he has hep A or B. which he might have got from a blood transfusion a few years back, really not good news trying not to worry to much. Mum,Dad and Aunty are away in Turkey getting Mum and Dad's new appartment decorated so I am the first port of call if anything is wrong with my Grandad.

God I really need my holiday.

Disneybumble
10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Well I'm glad it's friday but as all mum's and dad's will know that doesn't make a difference, still have to get up as eldest son does karate lessosn on Saturday mornings. plus it was my first evening of 7 in a row last night so it's my weekend of working.

I've had a busy week as my youngest is doing wildlife week at school as I had to make a bug suit plus my friend asked if I could make her little girl one. My boy was a bumble bee and I made a lady bug for my friends daughter.

I also said some bad news this week about my Grandad, he isn't very well and to add to all his current health problems he has now been told he has an en-larged liver which could mean he has hep A or B. which he might have got from a blood transfusion a few years back, really not good news trying not to worry to much. Mum,Dad and Aunty are away in Turkey getting Mum and Dad's new appartment decorated so I am the first port of call if anything is wrong with my Grandad.

God I really need my holiday.

:hug2: It will soon be here.

Tink
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
The Salt Tablet is in! :9: That means I get to drive to Sarasota this weekend. :sigh: I'm in Ft. Lauderdale right now and will drive home (4 hours or so) later today. That's a good thing!

Goodness! You have all had quite a week what with poorly GrandDas and sons, and left in heat generating appliances... :(

I miss you all. Sure am looking forward to having some extra time to spend here. Of course, I don't know when that will be... :sigh:

Returning to Ft. Lauderdale next week, then two weeks in New Jersey, then back to South Florida (as of the first week in August)...

Take care all!!! :grouphug:

Deb
10-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh Tink! You really are travelling about a lot!! I miss seeing you here :hug2:

Tink
10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I can't fully express how much I miss being here as much as I'd like to. It's like leaving family behind. The good family, mind! :lol:

I talk about all of you all the time! So I do carry you with me, but it's truly not quite the same. :sigh:

josh.p.
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm the same, and I don't even travel that often. The other day I was at the dentist and had to log-in on my iPhone to talk to everyone! LOL 1/2 of my posts are made from my iPhone, when I'm out shopping or similar hahaha

uscwest
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
YAY last day at work and 9 weeks off WOOHOO :wiggle: :D 9 WEEKS!!!! Must be nice.

I've had the last 3 Friday's off and I'm NOT looking forward to being at work everyday next week. I rather like 4-day work weeks... She's had the last 3 off, but I'm at work today to answer some hot questions for upper management. Seems everybody got to take their vacation time also, but I've had to cancel mine. So NO TRIP to see the grandkids.

josh.p.
10-07-2009, 12:39 PM
and I just realised.... I'VE GOT SEVEN WEEKS OF COLLEGE... WOOOOO :D

DisneyFreak
10-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Going to adopt 2 adult kitties tonight!! :happydance:

Claire
10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Doctor will be ringing me back soon. :yes:

mainecoon lover
10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by sunsetlakes
I'm absolutely brillo'd this morning, we were up half the night trying to sort out a problem with the villa. Our guests had very kindly gone out for the day to the parks and left their hair straighteners plugged in - they had eventually started overheating and the smoke from them set off the fire alarm which is linked to the fire station. We had fire trucks dispatched and our Management Company shot over (fortunately they arrived at the same time as the fire department, so was able to prevent damage to the doors by letting them in!) Pleased to say that the detectors did their job and a fire was averted, but it seems it was a close call. Think now i've got DS to school I might have another hour in bed

Oh my i am glad it was nothing to serious.

Lozzy i hope you grandad feels better soon. Claire i hope you ds is not to unwell :hug2::hug2:

Welph we have rain,thunder and lightning now. I quite like the thunder. Carers back today so our week of just the 3 of us is over :(. Dh is working all weekend so no lay in's as he is so noisy when he gets up. Beth has prom tonight and going to see Never forget the take that show from the westend tomorrow although here in Cornwall.

Taja
10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
It's Friday! :D

I am so ready for the weekend--sort of! :unsure:

We'll officially be in the teens beginning this weekend--possibly today, possibly tomorrow. That's 110+ degrees Fahrenheit! :eek: It doesn't cool off much overnight when it's that warm, so it already will be 90 degrees or more by 5:00 a.m. or so. :heatwave: The good news is the humidity level is down for a few days, so it's more blast furnace than sauna. :shrug: It's supposed to return by midweek, with possible monsoon storms beginning on Thursday. Either way, it's hot! :sweat:

This week I began two concurrent classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights: estates and trusts. If the first two sessions are any indication, we'll be there later than our 10:00 p.m. ending time. Everyone is interested and we have a lot of questions and discussions! :lol: The classes run for eight weeks. Then I'll begin 12 weeks of classes on non-profits. I'm leaning toward Monday-Wednesday-Friday nights rather than all day Saturday. Twelve weeks is a long time to lose one day a week for all the stuff that has to be done at home! Decisions, decisions! :sigh:

Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays healthy!

MystikPiglit
10-07-2009, 01:16 PM
so it already will be 90 degrees or more by 5:00 a.m. or so. :heatwave: The good news is the humidity level is down for a few days, so it's more blast furnace than sauna. :shrug:

Good grief! :thud:

Dawn
10-07-2009, 02:37 PM
and I just realised.... I'VE GOT SEVEN WEEKS OF COLLEGE... WOOOOO :D

You mean seven weeks OFF college.

Don't get me started on how funny that post was. :laugh:

Dawn
10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Karate with the boy tomorrow morning. Then shopping for birthday presents for Adrian and Steven's teacher - all suggestions welcome.

Potter in the garden tomorrow afternoon weather permitting. Sunday morning swimming, then we'll see.

Monday I'm in the school pool with year 1 and apparently it's not very heated. :unsure:

Dawn
10-07-2009, 02:39 PM
ohohohohohohohooh

Steven played piano in assembly this morning and the teachers in there said he played beautifully. :D

Shellyamc
10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I am so glad the weekend is almost here! Sometimes I can't wait for Dh to be home so I get a break! :wiggle:

The weather here has been horrible :( Cold and rain all the time. The pool got up to 80-something at one point, but now is below 70. Too cold for the little ones to use :sigh:

We were going to have a garage sale this weekend, but looks like a 50% chance of rain both days. I gave up. Maybe we might try and do something..I hope.

MystikPiglit
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
I'VE GOT SEVEN WEEKS OF COLLEGE... WOOOOO :D

You mean seven weeks OFF college.

Ahem...excuse me Josh.... maybe you need a little bit more time at college. :D :wink:

Isafari
10-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Linda, you were so lucky that your smoke alarms work at the villa. Was there any damage to the carpet or whatever they were on?

Claire, did you ring the doctors? How is he now?

Going to adopt 2 adult kitties tonight!! :happydance:

:worthless:

ukwdwnut
10-07-2009, 03:22 PM
9 WEEKS!!!! Must be nice.

yep so plenty of fishing me thinks :D

Karen
10-07-2009, 04:03 PM
DS had an inset day today so my peaceful day well and truly scuppered.

Claire
10-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Doctor isn't overly concerned as Owen doesn't have a temperature but I'm to ring if that changes. :fingers: that it doesn't.

Britchick
10-07-2009, 04:23 PM
YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

no work for 3 weeks, can't tell you how good that feels!