PDA

View Full Version : Table service restaurants in Magic Kingdom

dvcjane
12-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Am I missing some restaurants ? I want to plan for a nice sit down meal in the Magic Kingdom, there's cinderellas royal table which is apparently very hard to book. Liberty tree tavern which is a family style serving and crystal palace which is a buffet.

Are there any other proper table service restaurants?

lisaw
12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
There is als Tony's Town Square Restaurant which is Italian and themed (quite subtly to The Lady and the Tramp) and The Plaza restaurant which is at the castle end of Main Street, which is quite casual and kind of old fashioned ice cream parlour-ish :yes:

Crafty 475
14-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I love the Coral Reef resturant. How about you? Watching the fish is very calming.

Johnie
14-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Coral Reef is over at Epcot.

Beccaberry
14-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I think with LisaW's additions that just about covers them all! If you'd like to see what each of the restaurants serve, take a look at the Disney Menu's link up above!

Mari
14-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Id vote for Tony's yummy pasta!!

BigThunder
14-10-2009, 11:30 PM
We did Tony's for the first time ever last trip. Not sure what took us so long but we loved it! And The Plaza is a staple for us every trip. I just love how cute it is..plus the food ain't too bad ;)

foreverducky
15-10-2009, 01:45 AM
I always forget about the Plaza. I've never tried and seem to walk past it without even noticing.

uscwest
15-10-2009, 11:00 AM
To me the Plaza is more of a lunch place than a dinner place.

Slowhand
15-10-2009, 11:56 AM
We went to Tony`s for dinner along with catrancher and his DW on our recent trip.
This was the first time my DW and I have eaten there and to be honest we weren`t very impressed. :sorry:
We were sat in a very cramped booth and our server seemed to be rushing us to finish our meal, leaning over us and clearing away the plates even though Tom`s DW was still eating her meal! I doubt whether we will rush to go back again.

Still the company was good! :thumbsup:

Tink
15-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh gosh, I really dislike that sort of thing. We were at dinner recently with friends, and the server brought our main meal before we were finished with our salads. That is just poor service and not something that you would expect from WDW.

We've never dined in any full service restaurant in MK (or DHS for that matter).

uscwest
15-10-2009, 12:40 PM
One thing that Donna and I started doing on this trip and may continue doing is to order only one course at a time. That way it is hard for them to rush you.

Beccaberry
15-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Good idea uscwest :thumbsup:

Johnie
15-10-2009, 02:29 PM
We had a server at Le Cellier ask if I was finished with my plate when I had a few bites left and was still working on it. I hate that.

Tink
15-10-2009, 04:20 PM
That happens to Herself ALL the time. She eats at a leisurely pace and is forever being asked if she's done. One time I actually asked the server if he was on a time schedule.

It would be different if we were in TGI Friday's or places like that, but when you are paying $30 or more per entree, I expect well trained service.

BigThunder
16-10-2009, 12:38 AM
The Plaza, to me, is more of a lunch place. Don't think we've ever done dinner there, tho I would if it were my only chance to get in. The wait can be long there & sometimes you can't get in at all as it's booked up. It's a pretty small place. It's mainly sandwiches & stuff but good ones. I just love the atmosphere!