12-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm not feeling well at all now :(
Got a sore throat, running nose, my ear is hurting and I have a headache :(

Called NHS Direct and they said to call my GP first thing :unsure:

I really hope its not swine flu.

I dont get sick pay, are we entitled to it if it is swine flu? :( xx

sunsetlakes
12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Kel, hope you are feeling better soon - what makes you think it could be swine flu? have you been in contact with anyone you know who has it?

It makes no difference why you are off sick, if you are not entitled to sick pay then you won't get it i'm afraid.

Big hugs and get well soon :hug2:

KelBelle
12-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi Kel, hope you are feeling better soon - what makes you think it could be swine flu? have you been in contact with anyone you know who has it?

It makes no difference why you are off sick, if you are not entitled to sick pay then you won't get it i'm afraid.

Big hugs and get well soon :hug2:

Well working so close to my patients, I just think I'm high risk of catching it.
We did have a man come in the other day with signs, and we sent him away straight away.
Ahhh I hate who I work for, I need a new job fast lol.

Dont think I should go in tomorrow just incase :unsure: xx

mainecoon lover
13-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Hope you better soon hun :hug2:. Kel you need to isolate for 5 days if you have symptoms that could be like the flu. I know its hard but its the only way to try to protect others hun. I am sorry to say unless in your contract you will not get paid apart from maybe statrousy (sw) sick pay which is not much.
One of Beth's carer came in this morning and she said her dh has sore throat, cough and runny nose. it worries me as this would be 100 times worse for Beth.

premier travel
13-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi you will be able to get statutory sick pay. Get well soon

KelBelle
13-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Didnt go to work today.
They said I will get paid for it. Doctor has told me to take paracetamol and rest and take lots of fluids.

He said without a high temperature it doesnt sound like swine flu but he isnt ruling it out.
He said if I'm not feeling better by wednesday then call again x

premier travel
13-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Angela has just phoned she was meant to be meeting a friend today, the friend called and she was so upset, her husband has swine flu, she said she had never seen him so bad he can't walk or get out of bed. He has been told to go to stay with his mother for 5 days as they have a baby and they have been told he is to go no where near him. Then she has been told to disinfect the whole house to ensure there are no germs the baby can pick up on.

Poor love, I feel like closing shop and going round to help her! Glad Angela did not go though with baby Zach today.

Claire
13-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Angela has just phoned she was meant to be meeting a friend today, the friend called and she was so upset, her husband has swine flu, she said she had never seen him so bad he can't walk or get out of bed. He has been told to go to stay with his mother for 5 days as they have a baby and they have been told he is to go no where near him. Then she has been told to disinfect the whole house to ensure there are no germs the baby can pick up on.

Poor love, I feel like closing shop and going round to help her! Glad Angela did not go though with baby Zach today.

Poor chap!!

This was how the doctor knew Owen didn't have it as although he had most of the symptoms he didn't have a temperature and he could move off the sofa pretty much.

Hope you're feeling better soon Kelly. :hug1:

mainecoon lover
13-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Hope you feel better soon Hun.

arkvilla
13-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Hi Kim,

Yes lucky Angela didn't take Zach.

Hope her friends husband picks up soon. It seems to be everywhere now - a couple of my youngest DS haveit at school and oneof the mums said doctors are not doing swabs anymore as it's too widespread.

Apparantly doctors are saying it's better to get it now rather than the winter... not sure if it's true but it's what I heard

Sandra

DisneyFreak
13-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Claritan D for the running nose and ear.

Switch off between Advil and Tylennol for the headache (take two Advil then 4 hours later take 2 Tylennol, etc).

Chloresptic spray for the sore throat.

Hope you feel better soon!