PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday...and a very wet one here

Deb
07-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Well, what happened to the "barbecue summer" we were promised in the UK by the weather forecasters? It has rained in monsoon-like proportions here for 14 hours and is still going. I've even had to put the heating on for a short while this morning :eek:

So Friday is a bit of a washout. But I have to go out and swim to the shops to get our groceries in for the weekend, then someone is supposed to be coming to get rid of a wasps nest in our bedroom :mental: We slept on the sofa last night :rolleyes3:

daveann
07-17-2009, 07:51 AM
is it friday again already?

Dizneyblonde
07-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Yay it's Friday and the last day of term!In 6 hours I will officially be on holiday!
Don't the the last assembly will be outside as planned but at least the pub after work is indoors!

mumof2
07-17-2009, 07:55 AM
'tis very grey and windy here but not raining.....yet. we had some terrific rain, thunder and lightning last night.

the boys and i were watching it at around 10.30, there was no way they were going to sleep while it was going on! DH had to drive to work in it as he was on a night last night! ooo-er!

sunsetlakes
07-17-2009, 08:01 AM
BBQ Summer??????? Didn't we get that a couple of Thursdays ago :yes:

We have grey skies, torrential rain, no thunder though................ oh! and it's warm (just to be on the positive side).

Schools out for the summer at lunch time today, so will be getting up a little later for the next 6 weeks :thumbsup:

And best of all................... It's almost the weekend - yay!!!!!! Have a great weekend everyone :hug2:

Karen
07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Poor DD has gone on her school trip today to Oakwood theme park and its hammering down and blowing a gale :(

kazzaqld
07-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Has been very cold here (for Brisbane!) for the last few days!

DH and I are still recovering from our colds - but I am doing much better today! Just as well, as I haven't been grocery shopping for about 2 weeks and the cupboards are bare :unsure: - big expedition tomorrow.

We have pizza ordered for tonight's dinner!

It's DH's birthday on Sunday but no big plans just a nice bottle of champagne together! :champers2::champers2:

Claire
07-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm watching Fern's last day on Good Morning and most of it's going over my head as it's probably the first time I've watched it!

arkvilla
07-17-2009, 10:55 AM
:smile: I love Fridays - even when I'm not planning anything

mumof2
07-17-2009, 11:13 AM
:smile: I love Fridays - even when I'm not planning anything

me too, and it's taken a long time to get here this week......I've been thinking it's Friday since Tuesday morning! :unsure:

MystikPiglit
07-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Very dark, wet and thundery here. Storms always make my head hurt... :(

foreverducky
07-17-2009, 11:37 AM
This Friday has come too quickly! I have become Hotel Billie this summer. Parents just left, friend coming tomorrow and then Aunt coming this coming week. Whew! Have to clean extra bathroom and do tons of laundry!

Tinkfan
07-17-2009, 12:44 PM
:wiggle: We've had miserable weather so far this summer, cool and wet and at times actually cold. Every soccer game for Ds has been murder, the fields are in a park off of Lake Erie and the wind has been incredible. And BTW did I mention the rain..... Thank Goodness hockey is inside :yes:

Tink
07-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Bright blue skies and blazing sun this morning...until the gray clouds and lightning roll in for the afternoon.

I'm actually home this Friday! YAY for me! I do have a ton of paperwork to do though, so it's going to be a very busy day.

Not sure what is on the docket for the weekend. A bit of relaxation I hope! I have to get ready to go to New Jersey for next week, so that's there to do, too.

I heard a news report when I was in South Florida this week. Biologists and scientists (ummm... aren't they the same???) have counted over (as in MORE THAN) 100,000 PYTHONS in the Everglades! :eek: :eek:

There is a plan in the making to address the problem. The Everglades Park department wants to have a hunting opened to the public (oh great idea :rolleyes: ) and the state wants to have the Parks rangers do the hunting.

So, while they argue back and forth, those pythons are out there, doing whatever pythons do to make baby pythons... :eek:

I am so NOT going over Alligator Alley again! :eek:

Mandy
07-17-2009, 01:24 PM
I can't believe it's Friday already it don't seem like yesterday I was asking you all what you were all uto the weekend.

I have no plans for this weekend only housework! :thumbsdown:

Debbie2
07-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I've had soaking wet washing on the line since yesterday - non stop rain here.

The weeks are flying by. DS doesn't finish school till next Wednesday. Holiday balance got to be paid next Friday so it's going to be a week of scrimoing and saving and not much spending.

Dawn
07-17-2009, 02:34 PM
'tis very grey and windy here but not raining.....yet. we had some terrific rain, thunder and lightning last night.

the boys and i were watching it at around 10.30, there was no way they were going to sleep while it was going on!

We were all watching the same storm here too. :D

Steven graduated year 1 today. :lipwobble:

School doesn't officially end until next Wednesday but everyone is spending the last 3 days of term in their new classes so as from Monday he will be in year 2.

I finished with year 3 today and from Monday will be in year 5. :thumbsup:

Dawn
07-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh and we had the first confirmed case of swine flu at school today.

Disneybumble
07-17-2009, 03:26 PM
THEY HAVE FINISHED.:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:
Well in the mad hot summer, we were having some friends over for a BBQ tomorrow but this has now changed to a take away.
Lily has her school disco tonight.
And l have just booked a 3 night stay in my bestest hotel in Bournemouth for 4 us of us. 1 of them isn't coming CAN you guess who.
We are not having a holiday this year (Well not all of us!!!!!) due to DH's job. So he suggested a stay in Bournemouth and he will join me for the weekend.
So my long 6 weeks will be broken up.
Quick question for Claire or Ann, what is the big shopping centre outside of bournemouth called.

mainecoon lover
07-17-2009, 03:55 PM
It was like October here yesterday and today :(. Beth had awards day at school today. She got 14 awards for equals, for the work she has done for the year. Well done sweetie. I did get cross as she was at respite last night and someone has put a brush through her hair which made her look like she was ready for a 70's party. It annoys me as it only takes 2 minutes to get it looking nice, i mean they would not leave the house like it so why should she. Also her jacket has gone missing and nobody knows were it is.

Claire
07-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Quick question for Claire or Ann, what is the big shopping centre outside of bournemouth called.

Castlepoint?

Disneybumble
07-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Castlepoint?

Thank you. xxxx

Johnie
07-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Oh goodness, it was humid as all get out here today and then it stormed for awhile. It did not cool it down at all.

I worked my butt off today and was there till about 10:30 tonight :thumbsdown: Oh well, I won't be in the majority of next week and things need to get done.

I have my 20th high school reunion tomorrow. First we are having a picnic and a tour of the high school. Then tomorrow night is the formal thingie. I hope I have a good time......

Sun, I am off to Williamsburg for a conference on addiction studies. I will also be meeting luvthemouse and family down there for a bit on Sunday.

Oh! I have a 98.69% in my class...I am very proud of myself :yes:

Oh and get this! I broke part of my back molar yesterday eating Jordan almonds. I am officially old. Luckily it doesn't hurt but I have a dentist appt next week.

piglet
07-18-2009, 10:28 AM
OMG It's Saturday and it's still :raincloud: Will this darn weather never end?

ukwdwnut
07-18-2009, 11:34 AM
beautiful sunshine here :D

piglet
07-18-2009, 03:00 PM
beautiful sunshine here :D

:hissyfit:

ukwdwnut
07-18-2009, 03:33 PM
:hissyfit:

awwww

still lovely and sunny here :D