PDA

View Full Version : how many photos or video do you take?

wishonastar
21-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Just curious but at disney how many photos do you take and do you video everything?

id love to get a video memory of the holidays but dont want to miss everything by looking through a viewfinder :/

Mandy
21-07-2009, 11:26 AM
We use to take our camcorder but we don't bother using it that much now, like you said you don't want to spend half your time viewing everything through a view finder.

We usually take around 500 pics when we go and edit them when we get back. :)

foreverducky
21-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't have a video camera, but i'm a photo freak. :yes: I take hundreds of photos.

mumof2
21-07-2009, 11:51 AM
i used to take the video but don't so much now, and as for photos......hundreds and hundreds and hundreds, as many as my cards will take! :yes:

you will not normally think i was actually with my family as i'm always the one with the video or camera recording them enjoying their holidays!

MystikPiglit
21-07-2009, 12:04 PM
hundreds and hundreds and hundreds, as many as my cards will take! :yes:

:yes: Me too! You can't have too many Disney pics. :D

Shellyamc
21-07-2009, 12:45 PM
A TON :unsure:

I remember our first trip we didn't have a digital camera yet (gasp!) and I came home with 13 rolls of film. Now I take hundreds and just delete the bad ones.

I think this last trip we got around 4 1/2 hours of video :unsure: It is going to be way worse when we take the kids for the first time. We got a new camcorder this time, so we won't have that "behind the viewfinder" feeling anymore. This one is tiny and has a screen, so it makes it much easier. Dh can carry it in his pocket! We are ready to go :D

ukwdwnut
21-07-2009, 01:03 PM
last trip i took 1900 photos and usually around 7hrs of video :)

Isafari
21-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm embarrassed to say :anxious:

keith
21-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm embarrassed to say :anxious:

go on, tell us :yes:

I take thousands of photos, too many really of the same things often :lol: I'm rubbish with video though :/ I hate watching stuff through that tiny viewfinder so all my video is with the camera just held shakily pointing in approximately the right direction. Nowhere near as pro as Isafari

Dizneyblonde
21-07-2009, 02:15 PM
In 2007 we took over 2000 photos and over 7 hours of video.

This year we have 5 2MB memory cards and 10 60 minute video tapes :biggrin:

tb2830
21-07-2009, 02:32 PM
In 2007 we took over 2000 photos and over 7 hours of video.

This year we have 5 2MB memory cards and 10 60 minute video tapes :biggrin:

and dont we know it :donald: infact me dawn and nut had to sit and watch all seven hours of video :donald:

foreverducky
21-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Thank goodness for digital. I remember thinking with my film camera "oh don't take too many shots, don't want to run out of film." Not too mention those times when you need to sit down to change the film. Now I have the habit of taking 2 of the same thing, then I can judge later which turned out better.

keith
21-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Thank goodness for digital. I remember thinking with my film camera "oh don't take too many shots, don't want to run out of film." Not too mention those times when you need to sit down to change the film. Now I have the habit of taking 2 of the same thing, then I can judge later which turned out better.

I LOVE Digital I really do but in some ways I miss film.

With film I HAD to print them all so I always had a record of the trip. With Digital I've taken thousands and printed hardly any :(

My fault not digital's :lol: but I really do miss the few days wait for those prints to arrive followed by the ooo ahhhs, I don't remember taking that one etc :lol:

foreverducky
22-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Oh most definitely, and of course there was always that hope of them ALL during out how you wanted. Then there was always that one where someone's thumb is on the corner. :lol:

I have been trying really hard to print mine off. I load them, then once I have a bunch I upload them to Walmart to have them printed. While on their site, I order the CD. I like to "hold" them, not just look at them.

Speaking of pictures, I can't believe how hard it is to find a traditional photo album these days. I'm not talking an album that will hold 20 pictures, but loads more. I had to go to Joann Fabrics. It's crazy

sunsetlakes
22-07-2009, 07:27 AM
We don't tend to take the videocam anymore for that very reason............. we were missing half the holiday by being stuck behind it all the while. Rob takes thousands of photo's (literally). He whaks it into that setting that takes loads within a few second (might be called sports mode :sorry:) to get the best shots when the kids are up to their tricks. We spend hours in photoshop when we get home, deleting some and cleaning others up - going digital must have saved us tons in wasted film :thumbsup:

ukwdwnut
22-07-2009, 08:42 AM
and dont we know it :donald: infact me dawn and nut had to sit and watch all seven hours of video :donald:

:laugh: plz trace id just got over that and now its all come back thx hun :slap: :wink: :lol:

ukwdwnut
22-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I LOVE Digital I really do but in some ways I miss film.

With film I HAD to print them all so I always had a record of the trip. With Digital I've taken thousands and printed hardly any :(

My fault not digital's :lol: but I really do miss the few days wait for those prints to arrive followed by the ooo ahhhs, I don't remember taking that one etc :lol:

im the same keith...although i did upload a lot to photobox and got them printed and that was cool, great photos too id recommend them...im gonna start sending mine off as its great to just look at prints rather than just on the pc :D

ukwdwnut
22-07-2009, 08:45 AM
We don't tend to take the videocam anymore for that very reason............. we were missing half the holiday by being stuck behind it all the while. Rob takes thousands of photo's (literally). He whaks it into that setting that takes loads within a few second (might be called sports mode :sorry:) to get the best shots when the kids are up to their tricks. We spend hours in photoshop when we get home, deleting some and cleaning others up - going digital must have saved us tons in wasted film :thumbsup:

i wish i knew how to use it

thats the great thing with digital no waste :D

lozzy
22-07-2009, 08:56 AM
We take both our video camera and normal camera, I as many others I take 100's and photos, and then make a slide show as a memory.
We don't use the viedo camera as much but I do use them at some of the shows and I set it up on my tripod so I don't have to watch thought a viewfinder.

Firestarter
22-07-2009, 12:35 PM
First time we went I took 7 & a half hours of video,and 10 rolls of film.Thinking that we wouldn't be back for a long time (went back the next year )
As said, thanks for digital can take 1000s of photos,don't video as much these days so I give the kids the responsibility of filming.:unsure:
Back home I spend ages making a slideshow dvd from the photos with Disney music and a seperate movie dvd.Infact watching an old video of us in florida 1998 whilst typing this reply.:bounce2:

Jodie
28-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Lots and lots and lots!

In 2006 we didn't take the camcorder as had spent most of 2005 behind the viewfinder but I do miss having the 'live action' so we took a better, screened, camcorder last time but it is still a bit of a pain putting your camera away and getting the camcorder out so next time we are getting a better digital camera with decent video quality so we only need the one device. Not quite as good finish on the video but so much easier while we're there

Taja
30-07-2009, 09:57 PM
:eek:

Obviously, I'm a rank amateur! No camcorder and I limit the number of photos I take on any trip. I like to enjoy the moment, not worry about my camera settings!

In 1981 I took about 5 rolls fo film in MK, resorts and WDW shopping area. I don't think it was called DTD back then, was it? :unsure:

In 2003, I maxed out a 512mb memory card on each of three WDW visits and had to eliminate some photos to have space for the last few that I really wanted!

Since that time, I've cut back on photos significantly. I tend to photograph really odd things that make no sense to anyone else! :lol:

I print a few photos--or have them printed--for each visit, but don't do elaborate scrapbooking. It really depends on what makes me remember the visit. :shrug:

josh.p.
31-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I take pics of anything and everything whenever I go *anywhere*. :yes: