PDA

View Full Version : What's your shopping weakness then?

Dawn
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
You've got tons of these at home already. You have no money left. Yet whenever you go shopping you still come home with another one.

What is it?

For me - Yankee Candles. :oops:

Dorothy
07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
That would be a paperback book or two. It always seems like there is one or two that I just have to have no matter what :lol:

tb2830
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
mine is two things pj's and candles

Wendy
07-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I haven't got one :( does that mean I'm strange :lol: :lol:

I tend to spend my money on other people, especially the girls :o

Dorothy
07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I haven't got one :( does that mean I'm strange :lol: :lol:

I tend to spend my money on other people, especially the girls :o

Nope, it just means that you are just a big sweetie and well....a very soft touch for the girls too :lol::smiley4:

Wendy
07-07-2008, 01:49 PM
well....a very soft touch for the girls too :lol::smiley4:

:lol: Chris says that he says that even a 4 year old can pull my strings and get their own way :lol:

Beccaberry
07-07-2008, 01:51 PM
OOOH....That's easy.....pj's....I buy them by the scads....

Magical Moments.
07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Well mine has to be scented plugins and candles.

I just can't help myself (honest):rolleyes008:you want to see my airing cubboard,i could open my own shop with the amount i have.:yes:

Claire
07-07-2008, 02:50 PM
When at Disney it's hats. Any kind. Oh and Bath and Bodyworks stuff.

At home at the moment though it's all those "Bags for Life' you get. So far I have the 'you're gorgeous' one from Boots the Chemist, the Twiggy one from Marks and Spensive, a lovely "Plastic ain't my bag' one from Sainsburys. I've got one of the new Cath Kidston ones from Tesco. A denim one from next plus others I can't remember. And guess what? Every time I go shopping I leave them in the boot of the car!

Edited to say I forgot Molton Brown stuff as well.

Dawn
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
At home at the moment though it's all those "Bags for Life' you get. So far I have the 'you're gorgeous' one from Boots the Chemist, the Twiggy one from Marks and Spensive, a lovely "Plastic ain't my bag' one from Sainsburys. I've got one of the new Cath Kidston ones from Tesco. A denim one from next plus others I can't remember. And guess what? Every time I go shopping I leave them in the boot of the car!

I have 5 Sainsburys bags for life, 2 Asda, 1 M & S and 1 from the Disney Store which I deliberately leave in the boot of my car for shopping and always forget it's there. :lol:

I always buy them because I feel guilty asking for a regular carrier. :oops:

Taja
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Paperback books--although I'm being pretty good these days! Mostly because my reading time is very limited! :lol:

Beccaberry
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Mine *used* to be paperbacks, until I moved to CT. OH MY GOODNESS!!! They have the most WONDERFUL libraries here!!! It's like Willy Wonka World for the bookworm!!! It's great! They even have a brilliant selection of audio books, which I have become TOTALLY addicted to now that I'm taking the train to work....

Tink
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
You know? I don't think I have one. My weakness is herbs and vegetables (of the rather exotic types) and I always have a hard time not buying some when I'm in a grocery shop, but that's it, I think.

I do love to browse hardware stores (proper ones, not those Lowe's and Home Depot places). I don't often buy much, but do always want loads of what I see!

I do have a hard time with childrens things. I love picking up things for the younger ones in my family. :yes:

Hey, maybe I do have one. Or two. :D

mainecoon lover
07-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Mine is clothes for dd even though she does not need them :oops:. I am getting slightly better though. I have gotten into the stage of buying dollars for upcoming trips to USA as i know i can get a far better bargain there. So perhaps i should say buying dollars if that counts.

Britchick
07-07-2008, 06:59 PM
craft stuff:oops:

josh.p.
07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
mine is absolute crap. Anything completely useless, and i'll buy it.

OR any things that can be used for the tortoises!

Mags
07-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Im useless with clothes shopping. I usually load up on small pieces of kitchen paraphernalia as well as dips (from Le Gourmetchef), sweets and cake mixes from Publix and chocolate caramel squares and chocolate drops from Ghiradellis. We also buy trainers and jeans and loads of manga books for dd.

Margaret

keith
07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
anything gadgety especially cell phones, cameras, computers. I'm hopeless :shocked025:

Beccaberry
08-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh my....the gadgets......I love me some gadgets....

PsychoAlice
08-07-2008, 03:41 AM
Im shallow...shoes, handbags, sunglasses and cars....

Claire
08-07-2008, 07:12 AM
I forgot one! Swatch watches. Can't seem to walk past a shop selling them.

josh.p.
08-07-2008, 07:14 AM
oh... gadgets.... that's another one. Not generally *useful* gadgets though, unless I save for something in particular!

Wendy
08-07-2008, 08:28 AM
anything gadgety especially cell phones, cameras, computers. I'm hopeless :shocked025:

I know someone like that :rolleyes008: it's funny how he can never do without it :lol:

I dread to think what it would be like if you two where ever in the same room, let me see what do you have in common, Ummmm, Canon cameras, computers, photography ......... Oh I have an idea, you and Chris can talk gadgets and me and your DW can go shopping :D :wink:

Steven
08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
You've got tons of these at home already. You have no money left. Yet whenever you go shopping you still come home with another one.

What is it?

For me - Yankee Candles. :oops:

I've started buying a few Yankees from work they are soooo gorgeous!!

My addiction would be Aftershaves...... I have so many I have no where to put them!!!
Also any kind of clothes... Shirts, tees, shorts, flip flops, SHOES , sunglasses.... HELP :oops:

keith
08-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I dread to think what it would be like if you two where ever in the same room, let me see what do you have in common, Ummmm, Canon cameras, computers, photography ......... Oh I have an idea, you and Chris can talk gadgets

I like it so far but

and me and your DW can go shopping :D :wink:

this pretty much terrifies both myself and my credit card :eek3:

Dawn
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Keith is your wife a fussy eater because Adrian is and there are tons of WDW restaurants I'd love to try but Adrian won't. So if you take him off gadget shopping then I could take your wife for lunch. (and perhaps a browse round a shop or two afterwards) :D

Mike
08-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Until New Year it was Starbucks mugs.... I bought every new one released (they put 12 out for Christmas 07, the swines!)... we have a cupboard full in the kitchen, a shelving unit on the worktop that holds maybe a dozen, and a crate of spares in the utility room... I reckon there's about 100, but Amanda thinks there could be many more...:D

keith
08-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Keith is your wife a fussy eater because Adrian is and there are tons of WDW restaurants I'd love to try but Adrian won't. So if you take him off gadget shopping then I could take your wife for lunch.

Not fussy at all, I'm the fussy one :lol: ooooo massive gadget shop meet :) yayaya

(and perhaps a browse round a shop or two afterwards) :D

and there it is, the downside :shocked025:

Isafari
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I dread to think what it would be like if you two where ever in the same room, let me see what do you have in common, Ummmm, Canon cameras, computers, photography .........

Oh no....I have a DH like that....Wendy.....you and I aren't gonna get a word in edgeways :lol:

Wendy
08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh no....I have a DH like that....Wendy.....you and I aren't gonna get a word in edgeways :lol:

:lol: :lol:

MystikPiglit
08-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Handbags.
I ran in front of 2 lanes of traffic when I spotted a purple Vivienne Westwood bag in a shop window. :lol:
And anything from a hardware shop. There's always something you need. :D

Taja
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Im shallow...shoes, handbags, sunglasses and cars....

Have to admit that middle age does have its advantages! I used to have a serious collection of leather goods--shoes, handbags, wallets, etc. And a decent collection of sunglasses, too! *lol*

BevW
08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Heck, I'm not fussy, I'll buy just about anything!
BUT, my first "can't leave a store without" is craft stuff....especially paper and rubber stamps....gotta have it!
Gadgets....yup...addited to those things too...in fact have been trying to get to the Apple store in Denver ..Just to look..that's all :lol:
Kids clothes...seems like the DGD's are forever needing something.
Shoes..yes, I have a shoe fetish!
books....one look at my house and you'd think it was a library in itself.
The latest cooking gadget....I HATE to cook, but since I have to, why not use the latest and greatest?
I sound like a freaking "WANT monster"

Johnie
10-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I have a weakness for shoes even though I actually hate wearing them. Well actually it's really sandals that I buy.

Also Yankee Candles, I have a whole closet full of Bath and Body Works stuff and I could probably open my own shop! They keep sending me coupons!

I did have a thing for snowglobes but I haven't bought one in ages. I feel like I am in recovery :p

Grammiepo
10-07-2008, 03:45 PM
A Catherine Cookson book, that I do not have, Thank the good Lord ,I have a lot and so there are not many I do not have.

hayleyneeyore
11-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Dawn
11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
It was officially confirmed today. Our office is moving into new premises in September - 100 yards from the Yankee Candle shop.

I'm doomed. :sigh;

Johnie
11-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh no! That would be the death of me.....

Johnie
11-07-2008, 03:00 PM
hey, maybe you should go get a part time job at YC, I hear they have awesome discounts!

hayleyneeyore
11-07-2008, 03:18 PM
What's a Yankee Candle!? :D

Taja
11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
It was officially confirmed today. Our office is moving into new premises in September - 100 yards from the Yankee Candle shop.

I'm doomed. :sigh;

:lol: You just need to get a part-time job there for the discounts and turn your pay right back to them! ;)

Isafari
11-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Dawn.....What's so special about Yankee candles? Do they smell good/last longer?:confused:

Johnie
11-07-2008, 03:43 PM
They do smell great and they last a long time. They will also let you exchange them if you decide you don't like the way they smell.

luvthemouse
11-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Shoes....shoes...and I also think, shoes... I have a real weakness for Margaritaville flip flops...