PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Dawn
07-24-2009, 07:45 AM
School holiday day 2 - just stopped raining, me and Steven still in our jammies watching Balamory. :D

Steven going for his first karate sparring session tonight. :eek:

daveann
07-24-2009, 08:02 AM
its friday :yay: were off on holiday and i cant wait please let today go quickly :)

Dizneyblonde
07-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Still in bed!
Lunch with friends today before early night fir London tomorrow.

Disneybumble
07-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Last day of our first week od summer holidays. have just done my 2nd sleepover and l am tired. Off to take youngest DD and friend to a craft day.

Johnie
07-24-2009, 08:38 AM
well it's 4:40am here and I cannot sleep. I am supposed to be getting up in a few hours to drive to West Virginia to meet a friend of mine who is visiting her in laws (she lives in Arizona). We've met in person once before. But, I've been pen pals with her since Alysia was 3 months old. Hopefully I can go to sleep soon so I won't have to miss seeing her.

I have nothing else planned for this weekend which is quite nice for a change.

Deb
07-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Well, we did have a lovely weekend of just being together, but Mr Deb's work is going through the roof at the moment and I think he'll be spending a good chunk of each day getting paperwork out of the way and being stressed :( At least he'll be at home though and not in the office :yes:
Am hoping things will ease off a little as we go to Paris in 12 days and if work carries on like this I am worried there will be no point in going as he will just worry :( But I am going to be doing planning for Paris this weekend in the hope that all will be fine :thumbsup: As well as training Basil Puppy that he can be well behaved if he really wants to be.

Going for a pedicure in a couple of hours as I have had so little "me" time since we got Basil and look like a bag lady and intend to start doing something about it! A great beauty salon has opened in our local village, 3 minutes drive away, which makes that easier.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Ann, I think your weekend plans win hands down over any of the rest!!!

lozzy
07-24-2009, 09:34 AM
School holiday day 2 - just stopped raining, me and Steven still in our jammies watching Balamory. :D

Steven going for his first karate sparring session tonight. :eek:

My eldest loves sparring, your son will have great fun.

lozzy
07-24-2009, 09:36 AM
its friday :yay: were off on holiday and i cant wait please let today go quickly :)

OMG that has come round really quickly, hope you have a really amazing time and can't wait to here about it.

Dawn
07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I've just started making bread pudding and in a bit I'm using the blackcurrants I picked yesterday to have my first ever go at making jam. :unsure:

Mike
07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Aye, it's Friday again.... been stuck on 6 day weeks since this pigging recession bit.:hissyfit: Our weekends are Sundays only... and guess what our weather forecast is for the next two days? Yep, sunny tomorrow.. and rain Sunday. Sigh... anyone want to hire a disillusioned estate agent?

lozzy
07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
I've just started making bread pudding and in a bit I'm using the blackcurrants I picked yesterday to have my first ever go at making jam. :unsure:

I made bread pudding a few weeks ago, so easy but so yummy. hope the jam is good to.

foreverducky
07-24-2009, 11:53 AM
I am going to see the Ugly Truth today. :D

I also have to work on research for my future presentation. I started yesterday and realized how long it was going to take. I see myself sitting in front of the computer most of the weekend.

Tink
07-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Whew. Friday. Without going into detail that I can't really disclose, it's been a terrible week. :cry2: Any pixie dust you may have would be most appreciated.

I'm tired, emotionally and physically and heart sore.

I am looking forward to the weekend to just "be" without being anyone. :sigh:

mumof2
07-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Whew. Friday. Without going into detail that I can't really disclose, it's been a terrible week. :cry2: Any pixie dust you may have would be most appreciated.

:hug2::pixiedust::pixiedust:

Tinker
07-24-2009, 12:34 PM
:pdust::pdust::pdust: Sister Tink .
It's 8:30 AM here , very gloomy day and ready to rain at any moment . I've had a Sinus infection the last couple of days that has been making me feel yucky .
Going to my niece Ambers baby shower tomorrow .
Church Sunday morning and then my BFF's daughters graduation party . Depending on the weather , Jim and I may take a ride to Seaside Heights . Nice salt air may cure whats ailing me .

mumof2
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
We are on the 3rd day of the summer holiday for DS9 and 2nd day for DS14.

Will be off to see my niece shortly to celebrate her 15th birthday, then down to the seafront tonight to watch a Goldwing motorcycle parade and the fireworks at 10pm to kick off the start of our festival weekend.

Tomorrow we may be down there again at 9.30am for the Mini drive past, there's a funfair, market stalls, old buses, various other things and then the American and custom car show on Sunday. :thumbsup:

There will be live music in the park in the town centre - up until now it's always been free, i'm going back years now. This year our local radio station is charging 7 per person for it.......we'll probably sit on the beach and listen to it instead if we can hear it above the noise from the funfair!

I must say that I'm sitting here looking through the program and there doesn't seem to be as many different attractions as there have been in past years, I wonder if it's because of the recession :unsure:

lisaw
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM

:hug2:

Claire
07-24-2009, 12:37 PM

:hug1::pdust::hug1::pdust::hug1:

Dawn
07-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Massive :hug2: for Tink.

Ooooh Mumof2 - may see you down there if the weather holds up. Except I don't know what you look like so I'll probably walk straight past you. :D

Tinkfan
07-24-2009, 01:12 PM

:sparklyrainbow:Hope there's light at the end Tink, things will get better!

Tinker
07-24-2009, 01:13 PM
That reminded me mumof2 , our ole' town festival kicks off this weekend too .

ukwdwnut
07-24-2009, 01:18 PM
school holiday day 10.

overcast to start, now hot and sunny

had to go to the school to reboot the server and router so they could login in. all ok , just off out to get a new router to replace my piece of ********* :lol:

Shellyamc
07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Tink - lots of :hug2: and pixie dust for you!! Just take the weekend and recharge :yes:

It is Friday!!! Hooray!! Dh has all of next week off :bounce: Nothing really special going on, but he gets lots of vacation time so when he feels like a break every now and then he takes a week off. Hard to believe he has so much built up after being out 5 weeks with Marc, but we are excited. Don't know if we are doing anything special. I know I am taking a vacation day myself and going to the spa :wiggle: Other than that it will be good just to have him home for awhile. :D

Disneybumble
07-24-2009, 01:43 PM

:pixiedust::hug2::hug2::hug2::pixiedust:

Dawn
07-24-2009, 01:47 PM
OK I've made the bread pudding to Nan's secret family recipe. Gave Steven a bit and he said, "it's a bit spicy for me, but I'll finish this bit and then I'll try another piece. :rotfl:

Made blackcurrant and raspberry jam using Mrs Reed's secret microwave jam recipe.

Been out the garden and picked the blueberries and more raspberries.

Going out shortly - taking boy to library then karate sparring. Adrian at the gym after work so me and Steven will have pizza together for dinner.

Dawn
07-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Steven still in his jammies. :lol:

Taja
07-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Tink, :hug2: and :pdust: for you. Hope you're able to relax and just be this weekend!

DaveAnn, you have the best plans of everyone!

It's been a rugged two weeks. My own fault, of course, for enrolling in two classes concurrently. In addition to working, classes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, there's an informal study group on Wednesday evening for the Tuesday class , and formal meetings on the weekend--usually Saturday afternoon--for the Thursday class.

We had to put one of the informal study group members on notice Wednesday night, as he was showing up late without doing any preparation. We advised him that we are not there to carry him through class, so he needs to be prepared and on time if he plans to continue with the group. He was whining that he doesn't have time to study :rolleyes:--and he's single, no children and in his late 20s. Works the same as the rest of us. We have two women and one man who are single parents with primary custody of children from age 6 to 15, and they all take care of them plus work and everything else. Why does this guy think he is special? :rolleyes: Okay, rant over! :lol:

The Thursday night class is a bit strange. The professor apparently is a fan of Survivor and likes to shake things up, so each of our five groups will shed one member after Saturday's meetings and will form a new group. The new group will have 10 bonus points, as they will have less time prepare their proposals and presentations. The team members vote the individual off via email to the professor, so it's anonymous to those voted off. Those voted off will be notified via email on Saturday night, with information regarding their new team members. Should be interesting. I'm prepared either way. :shrug:

Beyond that, just dealing with summer in the Valley of the Sun. We've had a number of days flirting with 115 degrees, but recently dipped below 110. Not much, for the most part, but it's a psychological boost! :lol: It's quite humid--not sauna-esque yet, but that's a good possibility for the weekend. :sigh:

If it isn't raining on Saturday and Sunday mornings, I'll be outside cleaning the pool and doing other stuff--there's a lot of debris from the almost daily wind storms--untl it's too hot to stay out. Depending on the weather, that can be as early as 6 a.m. or closer to noon. :mental: If it's raining, I'm sleeping in! Or at least trying to! :D

Have a terrific weekend, everyone! :)

Debbie2
07-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Had a lovely lie-in. Paid off our balance to VH so holiday all paid for :)

Done the grocery shopping and off out tonight to my niece's 30th birthday party.

Lots of :hug2: to Tink

Mari
07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
at work....

will leave at around 3pm ... have no real plans for the weekend... my WHOLE family is in NY :(
The good thing is my parents are bringing back my NIKON next week! yei!!!

I do want to get Tatiana a playset... little tikes type... she needs a SAFE area to climb... hahahahahaha