PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Where To Hire

ukwdwnut
24-07-2009, 06:24 PM
the new chevy camaro or dodge charger :drool::drool::drool:

seeing as i couldnt afford to hire for a long weekend for my 50th my beloved aston

i fancy one of these hot babes for next year seeing as there are only 2 of us going :D

catrancher
24-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Avis is the only one that I know of that has the Camaro. But if you're going to rent and there's only two of you... why not a Vette?

Tom (:macwave:... more horsepower = Wheee!!!)

ukwdwnut
24-07-2009, 07:47 PM
thats another one yeah, but i was thinking of luggage space too...i just luv the american muscle cars

shame that boyd coddington passed away i luvved american hotrods the tv series

how sexy are these three cars :drool:

SleepinCatz
24-07-2009, 08:13 PM
The Corvette is also know as rolling death....the wreck won't get you the car will. They are known for splintering on impact. Personally the first 2 choices are more solid ones.

ukwdwnut
24-07-2009, 08:27 PM
they do look more mean i know that catz

im such a boy racer still :lol:

SleepinCatz
24-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Personally I have a long standing love affair with the 1967 Ford Mustang.

However Dodge has put out some of the best looking muscle cars in the most recent years.

ukwdwnut
24-07-2009, 08:36 PM
i saw this at the sheraton on i drive on my first visit had to have a photo of it and fell in love with it

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/CadillacConvertible.jpg

SleepinCatz
24-07-2009, 08:37 PM
OMG those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

ukwdwnut
24-07-2009, 08:41 PM
OMG those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

i know...i just luv american classics wow

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/IMG_2173.jpg

SleepinCatz
24-07-2009, 08:42 PM
I serously would have been out there all night! Those old beauties were rolling steel but they had the engines to make them haul rear!

ukwdwnut
24-07-2009, 08:45 PM
i was for over an hour

magic kingdom car park :D

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/AMustangMKParkingLot.jpg

SleepinCatz
24-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Nice :) now I want to walk thru the car parks and see whats out there lol

ukwdwnut
24-07-2009, 08:46 PM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/IMG_2217.jpg

i took loads at old town catz :D

SleepinCatz
24-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Now that is a seriously nice ride!

tb2830
24-07-2009, 11:12 PM
i didnt even know boyd had died obviously since craig hasnt been here i havent been looking up american hotrods

ukwdwnut
25-07-2009, 11:11 AM
i didnt even know boyd had died obviously since craig hasnt been here i havent been looking up american hotrods

yeah he went for a routine operation in feb 08, and there were complications and died as a result. im gutted i wanted to go to cali one day and visit the shop. jo his wife tried to carry on with the business but couldnt do it and the whole business has now closed from what ive read

ukwdwnut
25-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Now that is a seriously nice ride!

beautiful isnt it

i have loads of pix from old town was going to do a thread on its own in the trippie....no one was looking at them so stopped doing them :lol:

catrancher
25-07-2009, 12:17 PM
no one was looking at them so stopped doing them :lol:

I'll look.... :D I won't even drool on the piccies! :drool:

I promise! :unsure:

Do it again, Mick!

Seriously, I want a 1966 Pontiac GTO convertible so bad I can test it! Candy apple red with a white interior thank you very much.

Tom (:macwave:... wish I still had my '66 and '68 Mustangs)

Slowhand
25-07-2009, 01:53 PM
The Dodge Charger is what I always ask for at Dollar.
One year I was lucky enough to be renting one with only the delivery mileage on the clock, and it was the same colour as in the picture Mick. :thumbsup:

Taja
27-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Unless they've changed a lot over the years, those muscle cars have almost no space for luggage.

You'll have to have a towncar service deliver and pickup your luggage! :wink:

ukwdwnut
27-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I'll look.... :D I won't even drool on the piccies! :drool:

I promise! :unsure:

Do it again, Mick!

Seriously, I want a 1966 Pontiac GTO convertible so bad I can test it! Candy apple red with a white interior thank you very much.

Tom (:macwave:... wish I still had my '66 and '68 Mustangs)

well i was thinking about finishing them they are only pix witrh a few words not like some that are full blown 36m page efforts :lol:

One year I was lucky enough to be renting one with only the delivery mileage on the clock, and it was the same colour as in the picture Mick. :thumbsup:

wow how lucky was you...and in that colour too its gorgeous. did it eat you out of hout and home for fuel terry?

Unless they've changed a lot over the years, those muscle cars have almost no space for luggage.

You'll have to have a towncar service deliver and pickup your luggage! :wink:

there will only be two cases taja :)

Slowhand
27-07-2009, 10:32 AM
wow how lucky was you...and in that colour too its gorgeous. did it eat you out of hout and home for fuel terry?

Actually the fuel consumption was very good Mike. I can`t remember exactly what mpg I achieved, but it can`t have been horrendous or I would have noticed, even bearing in mind the low cost of fuel "over there".
It was fine for the two of us, although the boot [trunk] may be a tad small for a family of 4...2 of our cases were put on the rear seat to and fro the airport.

ukwdwnut
27-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Actually the fuel consumption was very good Mike. I can`t remember exactly what mpg I achieved, but it can`t have been horrendous or I would have noticed, even bearing in mind the low cost of fuel "over there".
It was fine for the two of us, although the boot [trunk] may be a tad small for a family of 4...2 of our cases were put on the rear seat to and fro the airport.

ok thx terry

well it may be the same as the 8 str's we always have so cant be bad, but i have lead boots lol. seriously was it a lot more expensive to hire and what category do they come under?

there are only 2 of us so 2 cases only :)

uscwest
27-07-2009, 11:25 AM
The Dodge Charger will probably get you between 11 and 14 MPG in town, depending upon what engine you have. I have Durango with the Hemi engine and that is what I get. The car with the same engine does not do appreciably better.

Slowhand
27-07-2009, 11:30 AM
was it a lot more expensive to hire and what category do they come under?

It came under the "4 door, full size catagory" Mike. It was no more expensive than the other cars in that catagory.
I always ask for a Charger at the desk but on our last trip they didn`t have any available so they gave me a Chrysler 300 which was ok albeit a bit lacking in ooomph!

ukwdwnut
27-07-2009, 11:45 AM
The Dodge Charger will probably get you between 11 and 14 MPG in town, depending upon what engine you have. I have Durango with the Hemi engine and that is what I get. The car with the same engine does not do appreciably better.

gulp!!!

off to lookup the e-150 mpg

ukwdwnut
27-07-2009, 11:48 AM
if this is the only motor in the E-150

4.6L 225 hp V8

that was only 14mpg so the dodge isnt bad then really :D

Slowhand
27-07-2009, 11:49 AM
I really can`t recall the mpg being as low as that!
I only tanked it up on a couple of occasions and we did well over 2000 miles altogether.

ukwdwnut
27-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I really can`t recall the mpg being as low as that!
I only tanked it up on a couple of occasions and we did well over 2000 miles altogether.

really, we tanked up a few times in the E-150 but i did boot it a few times :D

cool, just need to find one

thx terry

Slowhand
27-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Here is a picture of the beast outside our villa Mike.

3820.vB

uscwest
27-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Mick. Looks like Avis have both the Camaro and the Corvette available, but they aren't cheap.

mumof2
27-07-2009, 02:30 PM
we've got a gas guzzler outside Mick, wanna buy it - it's not very shiny one though!

ukwdwnut
27-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Here is a picture of the beast outside our villa Mike.

:drool: what an awesome looking car they are as with the camaro :D

was it a good drive terry?

Hey Mick. Looks like Avis have both the Camaro and the Corvette available, but they aren't cheap.

hmmmmm i looked on there new they had the camaro but couldnt for the life of me find a price john...how much was it?

we've got a gas guzzler outside Mick, wanna buy it - it's not very shiny one though!

ermmmmmmm in a word no thx, not the the price of petrol over here anyway :lol:

what you got M?

mumof2
27-07-2009, 07:53 PM
post #18

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/photography-group/5995-anyone-interested-pics-dh-american-cars-2.html

post nos #15 & 16, the pink one - DH sold it for around 2,500 or 3,000 i can't remember, then it just seemed to disappear. We sometimes see some of old cars doing the rounds, but not that one.

It recently came to light again on ebay, the guy sold it for 9,000

i told him not to get rid of it....grrrrr!

Disneybumble
27-07-2009, 08:05 PM
we had a dodge charger last time we went in 06.

ukwdwnut
27-07-2009, 08:06 PM
post #18

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/photography-group/5995-anyone-interested-pics-dh-american-cars-2.html

post nos #15 & 16, the pink one - DH sold it for around 2,500 or 3,000 i can't remember, then it just seemed to disappear. We sometimes see some of old cars doing the rounds, but not that one.

It recently came to light again on ebay, the guy sold it for 9,000

i told him not to get rid of it....grrrrr!

oh yeah i remember those pix...that pink one was gorgeous as is the camaro.

did it look like it had had some work done on it tho?

mumof2
27-07-2009, 08:10 PM
oh yeah i remember those pix...that pink one was gorgeous as is the camaro.

did it look like it had had some work done on it tho?

when it recently sold, yes but not much - it didn't need very much work at all. they had put some horrible coloured carpet in it though....!

ukwdwnut
27-07-2009, 08:11 PM
when it recently sold, yes but not much - it didn't need very much work at all. they had put some horrible coloured carpet in it though....!

ok. well he got a good deal then at 9k wow

mumof2
27-07-2009, 10:38 PM
sorry to derail your thread Mick! I just found this from the guys ebay ad and thought you may be interested to read it....

FOR SALE IS MY 1958 BUICK SPECIAL.
33126 GENUINE MILES. (I have all the MOTs since she was imported in 1990)
I HAVE OWNED THIS BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC SINCE 1999.
SHE IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, NEVER HAD ANY WELDING DONE, SOLID CHASSIS AND FLOOR.
THERE IS SOME VERY MINOR RUST BLISTERS BUT NO ROT, THE WORSE BIT IS ON THE BONNET,
LOVELY ORIGINAL INTERIOR.
SHE HAS AN AGREED INSURANCE VALUE OF 11000.00.

.....it was quite sad seeing it on there as we really liked that car, DH realises he was a bit mad selling it but he just wanted some muscle cars instead.

ukwdwnut
28-07-2009, 08:09 AM
sorry to derail your thread Mick! I just found this from the guys ebay ad and thought you may be interested to read it....

FOR SALE IS MY 1958 BUICK SPECIAL.
33126 GENUINE MILES. (I have all the MOTs since she was imported in 1990)
I HAVE OWNED THIS BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC SINCE 1999.
SHE IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, NEVER HAD ANY WELDING DONE, SOLID CHASSIS AND FLOOR.
THERE IS SOME VERY MINOR RUST BLISTERS BUT NO ROT, THE WORSE BIT IS ON THE BONNET,
LOVELY ORIGINAL INTERIOR.
SHE HAS AN AGREED INSURANCE VALUE OF 11000.00.

.....it was quite sad seeing it on there as we really liked that car, DH realises he was a bit mad selling it but he just wanted some muscle cars instead.

hey i dont mind M, i do it enough :lol:

i bet he is kicking himself now :(

cool will go look

edit

cant find it on there

mumof2
28-07-2009, 10:02 AM
no it's finished and gone....here are a few of the guys pictures though, check out that horrible carpet!

http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!BV!Sn-wBGk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1)bDiBKQT2JGwjg~~_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/16/!BV!S+(!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DYEjlLl5L7,BKQT3BgQTw~~_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/05/!BV!S5ugCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DgEjlLl1CLoBKQT2zsPuQ~~_35.JPG

ukwdwnut
28-07-2009, 10:06 AM
ewwwwwwwww just dont go with the rest of the interior does it

mumof2
28-07-2009, 11:56 AM
ewwwwwwwww just dont go with the rest of the interior does it

no it doesn't does it - can't imagine why he chose that colour, it was much nicer when we had it!

Slowhand
28-07-2009, 01:17 PM
was it a good drive terry?

It was well, ok Mike.
The Charger looks as though it is a lot quicker than it actually is, especially when you compare it to the cars here in the UK.
I do like the styling though.
I recall a security guard at the YC saying "Nice car sir" to me as we at the security booth en route to the YSH.

ukwdwnut
28-07-2009, 01:38 PM
It was well, ok Mike.
The Charger looks as though it is a lot quicker than it actually is, especially when you compare it to the cars here in the UK.
I do like the styling though.
I recall a security guard at the YC saying "Nice car sir" to me as we at the security booth en route to the YSH.

i know most US cars suspension is like bouncing on a water bed hope these are a bit stiffer

i love the look of the camaro better but the charger looks awesome too

just trying to find how to get a quote from avis

Slowhand
28-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Just remember Mike that you can REQUEST a particular model of car, but this is not guaranteed as it all depends on availability at the time.
This is why I was assigned a Chrysler 300 on our last trip as no Chargers were available on this occasion.

ukwdwnut
28-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Just remember Mike that you can REQUEST a particular model of car, but this is not guaranteed as it all depends on availability at the time.
This is why I was assigned a Chrysler 300 on our last trip as no Chargers were available on this occasion.

ok thx terry will remember that...what was the 300c like, did you like it, was thinking of one of those if all else fails :)

Slowhand
28-07-2009, 02:01 PM
what was the 300c like, did you like it, was thinking of one of those if all else fails :)
Again it was, well, erm ok!
It was a very comfy car and if anything the boot [trunk] was larger than in the Dodge.
Like most US cars though compared with ours, its "get up and go" had "got up and gone"! :lol:

catrancher
28-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Like most US cars though compared with ours, its "get up and go" had "got up and gone"! :lol:

All our "get up and go" is certainly not in Detroit! :thumbsdown:

In fact, most of it's in Ocala. Right here! (http://www.garlits.com/index.html) :ROFL:

Tom (:macwave:... you can probably find a pretty "Hot" rod there!)

ukwdwnut
28-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Again it was, well, erm ok!
It was a very comfy car and if anything the boot [trunk] was larger than in the Dodge.

yeah i think i know what you mean mate

they got the reputation as a gangster motor :lol:

Slowhand
28-07-2009, 02:20 PM
All our "get up and go" is certainly not in Detroit! :thumbsdown:

In fact, most of it's in Ocala. Right here! (http://www.garlits.com/index.html) :ROFL:

NOW you`re talking Tom. :thumbsup:

Deb
28-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Oh Mum, that car is gorgeous! Apart from the carpet of course...what was he thinking? :unsure:

Love my cars, but not really clued up on the USA ones....I just like to look and drool. The vintagey-type ones all look so cool though :yes:

ukwdwnut
17-08-2009, 06:06 PM

just had a look on the dollar site and found it for only 320 for the 2 weeks :D

Tink
18-08-2009, 05:41 AM
Well, I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm a car snob. :D :D I am not a fan of Dodge or Chrysler as they tend to be logey and heavy to steer. (The new ones now, I'm talking about).

If I were going to spend any kind of money (on an American make that is) I'd definitely go with the Camaro or the 'vette. :yes:

I've driven any number of 'vettes and they are nice handling machines. That's why you used to see so many racing cars with 'vette steering spines. :yes:

So, if you don't want to pay for the 'vette go with the Camaro (but do try to get the larger engine...). :D :D

I have to rent cars for all the travel I do for work, so always like to try as many different makes as I can (granted work does NOT pay for 'vettes! LOL) but I will pass by a Dodge (and a Ford :sorry: ) if at all possible. :shrug:

To each her own, eh? :D

Fast, powerful and snappy... that's what I prefer. :yes: