PDA

View Full Version : The latest letter from school

Dawn
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
On Thursday 17th July we will be having a special event for the Reception classes - Cinderella's Ball.

Your child is invited to bring their special ball clothes with them to be changed into in the afternoon.

Hmmmm, special ball clothes huh?

I'm figuring formal trousers, shirt and a waistcoat (vest in the US ) for a 5 year old will be sufficiently formal. Does that sound about right.

Now I have to go shopping. :oops:

Taja
07-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Sounds good to me!

Any chance of a fancy vest--sort of gambler style? With a string tie? ;)

Beccaberry
07-07-2008, 04:19 PM
What about a top hat? :wink:

Tink
07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Put a bit of satin or proper handkerchief in the pocket of the vest. :yes:

Shine the shoes until they gleam. Slick the hair. :D (That I gotta see)! :D

How about going to a thrift shop and seeing if there is a left over morning suit from a wedding that a little guy wore? That would be too wicked cool! :D

Jodie
07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Any chance of a fancy vest--sort of gambler style? With a string tie? ;)

He would look so cool!

:cool:

Jodie

josh.p.
07-07-2008, 07:49 PM
omg! wow, thats so cool. Try and Get his pants and shirt from george at asda, that way you don't care if he wrecks it! PICTURES.

Dawn
07-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Not sure I can get pictures of the ball but I'll get a photo of him all dressed up.

Claire
07-07-2008, 07:59 PM
I'll bet Steven is a tall 5 year old? I have a lovely Monsoon (http://www.monsoon.co.uk/bin/venda?ex=co_wizr-locayta&template=wz_locayta&pageno=1&perpage=12&collate=price%3Apdxtcolour%3Apdxtfabric&fieldinvt=type&termtextinvt=invt&typeinvt=exact&typekeywordsearch=keyword&fieldivtype=ivtype&typeivtype=exact&termtextkeywordsearch=orion&searchsubmit.x=0&searchsubmit.y=0&searchsubmit=searchsubmit) linen 3 piece suit that Owen wore once to a wedding that I'd gladly lend you for the occasion but Owen is only 1.2m tall.

Dawn
07-07-2008, 08:07 PM
He's a good couple of inches taller than that but thank you so much for the offer. :hug2:

Claire
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
He's a good couple of inches taller than that but thank you so much for the offer. :hug2:
No worries! Good luck looking. BHS may have something in the formal wear dept reduced as weddings are usually all sorted by now.