PDA

View Full Version : Feel like we are being hunted down by this stupid flu

lisaw
30-07-2009, 09:44 AM
:sigh: First daniels teacher got it a few days after term ends - he was with her a couple of days before now a friend of his that he travelled in a car with for a long time on Sunday is really ill and on Tamiflu :(

Terrified that he will get it sometime soon and then we will all get it from him and not be able to go away :sigh:

Don't want to get anything ready in case of massive disapointment.

We would actually lose quite a lot as well - DVC points that have been banked already that we wouldn;t have any other time to use, lots of things booked like baseball tickets etc that we wouldn't get refunds on :(

Sorry for the rant - just feel I need to have a massive :hissyfit: I am so worried :(

Isafari
30-07-2009, 09:49 AM
:fingers: for Daniel to stay healthy and the holiday to go ahead.
I can imagine how upsetting it must be to think about everything being cancelled Lisa but sending lots of :pixiedust: and praying all will be well.

You can come and rant here anytime you like....we're family :hug2:

Karen
30-07-2009, 10:15 AM
:pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:
Heres hoping you are all fit and well to go away soon.

mainecoon lover
30-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Rant away Hun. I hope you all stay well. Keep thinking positive.

Mags
30-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Im sure it is a big worry. Fingers crossed for you all that no one catches the flu. xx

Margaret

Disneybumble
30-07-2009, 11:28 AM
You rant sweetie. We all would be feeling the same.:hug2:
:pixiedust: That you all remain healthy.

Rosie0610
30-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow close calls! Hopefully if he's dodged it this long he'll stay healthy!

mumof2
30-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Rant away hunny, I'd be worried too. :hug2:

:pixiedust::pixiedust:

Claire
30-07-2009, 12:54 PM
This :pdust: will settle over you all and form a protective cover that'll prevent that horrible illness from getting to you!

justme
30-07-2009, 01:12 PM
hope that you all stay healthy and manage to go on your holiday XXX

DisneyFreak
30-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Drink lots of vitamin C and water (at least 64oz a day)
Wash your hands constantly and keep them away from nose, month & eyes.
Make sure all of you cover when sneezing or coughing
Just try and do as much preventive maintenance as possible. If Daniel has it it would show up within 2-4 days after exposure and then be contagious for another 3-5 days after that.

Here's hoping you all can fight this off!

:pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:

lisaw
30-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks all :hug2: Vit C and Zinc being taken daily :yes:

I know it's stupid being worried about something mainly out of my control and that I'm sure for us the illness would be fairly mild Other people have more serious reasons to worry about it than a holiday being ruined :sigh:

Dizneyblonde
30-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I know where you are coming from hun and I'm right there with you!
Loads of kids at school came down with it last week of term but I figure I've missed that threat now.
Then there's the train,tube,cinema and theatre trips we have done.
Feel so helpless that we have no choice other than keep popping the pills
Really taking the edge off it this year and I won't let myself get excited yet just in case.
I'm sure we will be laughing about it all in the V room in just over a weeks time but until then we just have to do what we can.
Healthy hugs and crossed fingers from us.X

Mari
30-07-2009, 06:24 PM
:hug2:

Lisa.. think positive thoughts...

give him lots of vitamin c, keep door handles, keyboards, tv remotes cleaned (lysol wipes work wonders) and lets hope he didnt catch it!