PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Dawn
31-07-2009, 07:03 AM
And our day started with Adrian removing a cat from our house that only Steven had seen. He was shouting from his bed that there was a cat in the house and it went "that way" but we thought he was making it up because the dog was busy being stupid and not chasing cats. But then Adrian saw a shadow behind the curtains in the computer room. :eek:

The dog is fired and Steven has been promoted to the rank of Guard Dog. :thumbsup:

Disneybumble
31-07-2009, 07:27 AM
How did a cat get in!!!! Maybe it's a surprise birthday present Dawn.:exit:

Well yesterday was also my DS Liam's 16th Birthday. He had 5 of his friends over last night. They had fish and chips at ours,then went and met aload of mates. Then came back to sleep downstairs at ours!!!!!!!!!!!
My Dh had agreed to this whilst being under the influence of "Stella" his favourite Belgium lady!!!!!.:insane:
There were as good as gold,though 1 has gone MIA presumed back at his house as he couldn't sleep. At the weekend l am doing a big family BBQ. AHHHHHHHHHH
What happens if my MIL asks for a cup of tea again whilst l am up to my neck in food .:evil:

KelBelle
31-07-2009, 07:44 AM
my dentist is leaving today but I can't wait for the day to be over because then I am off until Thursday yay LOL xxx

Isafari
31-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, I'm off in search of supplies to make my sisiter in laws wedding stationary.......she wants invites (day and evening) name places, menus, thank you cards, table numbers, table plans and save the date cards.

Also going to look for a new mobile phone that isn't over the 180 mark.

Dawn
31-07-2009, 07:55 AM
I just got Claire to harvest my Farm Town crops and she had no idea that the person in the little chat room with her was Steven, not me. :evil:

Isafari
31-07-2009, 07:57 AM
I just got Claire to harvest my Farm Town crops and she had no idea that the person in the little chat room with her was Steven, not me. :evil:

You know, I joined facebook last week and don't know what to do with it....it's not what I was expecting :unsure: It's weird!

ukwdwnut
31-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, I'm off in search of supplies to make my sisiter in laws wedding stationary.......she wants invites (day and evening) name places, menus, thank you cards, table numbers, table plans and save the date cards.

Also going to look for a new mobile phone that isn't over the 180 mark.

di i got a new nokia n71 from 3 25 quid a month 500mins unlimited texts but they say the fair usage policy is 4000 texts :)

lisaw
31-07-2009, 08:30 AM
You know, I joined facebook last week and don't know what to do with it....it's not what I was expecting :unsure: It's weird!

I thought that when I first joined Diane - took me a while to get on with it - now I wish I hd never started :lol: Get yourself a Farm Town/Restaurant/Zoo/Mafia etc they will keep you busy :lol:

Dawn
31-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Restaurant???? I can have a restaurant????

kazzaqld
31-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Dawn sucked me into Farmtown - I couldn't keep up with what I've already got! :unsure:

Wasn't a bad day for me in the end - managed to solve a problem at work I've been working on for about 18 months - yeah! :thumbsup:

Wine is open, pizza is ordered and tonight's entertainment will be the Japanese series "Monkey".

Not sure of the weekend plans - think my "boys" are off to town to buy books?

simonwebb74
31-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Well i'm off to hospital for a scan on my knee this afternoon. (Damaged it 2 weeks ago playing football!!, stupid thing to be doing at my age!!)

Tomorrow night we are going to Jagz in Ascot to celebrate our 9th Wedding Anniversary. Cant' wait, food, live music and dancing (not me obviously, bad knee and all)

Isafari
31-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Well i'm off to hospital for a scan on my knee this afternoon. (Damaged it 2 weeks ago playing football!!, stupid thing to be doing at my age!!)

Tomorrow night we are going to Jagz in Ascot to celebrate our 9th Wedding Anniversary. Cant' wait, food, live music and dancing (not me obviously, bad knee and all)

Hope there isn't too much damage with the knee.....did you damage your knee a couple of months back too or, is my memory failing :unsure:

Have a wonderfull night at Jagz and happy anniversary to you both :yes:

simonwebb74
31-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Hope there isn't too much damage with the knee.....did you damage your knee a couple of months back too or, is my memory failing :unsure:

Have a wonderfull night at Jagz and happy anniversary to you both :yes:

A couple of months ago I twisted it slightly nothing too bad in the end. This feels a lot worse I was on crutches last week and now I can only walk comfortably on it when it is strapped up. We shall see :thumbsup:

Dizneyblonde
31-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Finally got both laptops and chargers back so i'm catching up with threads then it's off to get the kids $$$ for next week.
Might even clean the fish tank,clean the car and cut the grass!

Tink
31-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Happy Anniversary Simon! Hope the knee improves quickly.

I'm still stuck in rainy New Jersey. I'd forgotten just how dismal a rainy summer can be. I'm headed to the airport today though. Will be home by three. I hope. :sigh:

Been a week filled with minor annoyances. If little things could go wrong they did. At the end of the week I'm frazzled, and just want things (anything!) to go smoothly!

One fun thing I did have this week was the rental car. It was one of those new little VW bugs. Can't say as though I'd want one, but it was ok to drive for a week. Too many blind spots!

Not sure what's on for the weekend. Probably work on amassing more for our Pirate Costumes. :D

Dawn, it's time to tell Steven the legend of Cu Cullen. :D

Deb
31-07-2009, 12:06 PM
OMG Teresa...getting the $$$$ for NEXT WEEK!!!! I know you say you're finding it tough to get excited, but you very soon will be!!

Isafari...do NOT let them talk you into getting a farm/mafia/zoo or anything else of that ilk on FB! You will not have a life!! ;) I am valiantly resisting...I do want to go and look at Dawn's zoo exhibits but then I know I'll want my own.....

And anyway Dawn, maybe that cat was there to be part of your fam or something...do you know him? Was he a stray? I think if Willow ignored him maybe you are meant to keep him :exit:

Tink, I'm with you on that rainy summer thing...it's like that here too :sigh: I do hope that thingsare easier at the weekend than they have been during your working week, and that you manage to recharge your batteries :hug2:

Simon, congrats on your anniversary! As for the knee you'll do anything to get out of dancing ;)

I'll be spending the wekend getting stuff sorted for our trip to Paris...we go on Wednesday!!! :mental: I have a list of restaurants we want to eat in (most people have tourist sights they wanty to see :lol: ) and it is far too long...so we will be whittling that down to a manageable percentage. :yes:

Have a good one everybody! :)

ukwdwnut
31-07-2009, 12:12 PM
happy anniversary simon :)

DisneyFreak
31-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Just got to work. :thumbsdown:

Nothing really planned for the weekend other than reading while floating around in the pool. :thumbsup:

Dawn
31-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Well I'm ashamed to say that once again Sussex is bathed in glorious sunshine. :sorry:

Just taken the boy to the park for an hour that turned into 4 hours. :lol:

They're installing some new playground equipment there - seriously neat stuff. There's a special swing that you can wheel a chair on to and a ground level roundabout that you can wheel a chair on to also. And a double size see-saw so a person and their carer can ride together.

I've decided to keep a running total of how much the summer holiday is costing me. Will post week 1 later.

ukwdwnut
31-07-2009, 01:13 PM
been gorgeous here all day really warm out too :D

Mandy
31-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Happy Anniversary Simon. :champers2::champers2:

I can't believe it's Friday again, just don't know where the time is going.

premier travel
31-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Well I worked until 10pm last night preparing for a presentation this morning at 6am, yes 6am every Friday at a breakfast networking meeting, this week the printer it is her 50th birthday so we did a 10 mins presentation on her life! Well as she is a joker we did doctor some photos ie betty as a young child, she loves a bottle of wine.http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs139.snc1/5929_237195395345_725385345_7721256_2290919_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7721257&id=725385345)

Anyway this went on for 10 mins then at the end brought her in a birthday cake. She loved it, we even arranged for it to be professionally video'd so she will be able to look back on it. Just hope it does not hit U Tube, and this is what a bunch of professionals get upto on a friday morning at 6am!!! Then got to work, and tomorrow late afternoon over to Cosco's as us 'so called early risers' have arrange a BBQ for our famlies at Teston Country Park so just hope it does not rain Sunday.

MystikPiglit
31-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Not a good day here... DH came home from work because he'd been vomiting for hours... :sad: I asked why he hadn't come home earlier, he said he'd been too busy. :unimpressed: A drop of PD would be appreciated.

:lol: I agree. I mostly just read about Dawn's Zoo. :D Although I still haven't managed to find a way to visit it....... :unsure:

Johnie
01-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Do you not like cats, Dawn? :unsure:

I goofed off most of the day. I went to the dr to have my thyroid checked again and to see about my kidney stone. Seems Patient First did not forward my xray like they said they would.....so I know nothing at this moment.

My grandma is coming in tomorrow so I will be spending time with her.

Dawn
01-08-2009, 06:08 AM
:pixiedust: for Mr Piglit.

I have nothing against cats but how on earth did one manage to get into our house unnoticed by humans and dog? :unsure:

It was quite a nice tortoiseshell kitty that only scratched Adrian a little bit while he removed it. :lol:

Disneybumble
01-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Mr Mystikpiglit:pixiedust::pixiedust:

Johnie
01-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Cats are tricky creatures.

Taja
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Sheesh! I missed the Friday thread--again!

:champers2: Happy Anniversary, Simon! :champers2:

And :pdust: for your DH, MP.

Pretty quiet here. We "cooled down" to around 105 to 109 degrees for the last three days, but are back up to 110+ degrees and extreme heat advisories today (Saturday) through Monday. :sigh:

I was among those booted off our teams in one of my classes last week. Pretty much expected it. So our new group convened via email and chat room last Saturday, met in person Sunday afternoon and Monday evening, and caught up to where we should be with our new project. :thumbsup: I pretty much expected to be cut from the team, as I'm the only female and really don't have time or inclination to play games. I'm in class to learn--not waste my time. Adding two classes to an already packed work schedule pretty much guarantees no free time! :lol:

Our informal study group for the other class is minus one member. He apparently decided we weren't going to do his work for him and took the hint not to show up if that was the case. He's still in class, which is good. Not sure what he'll get out of it, though. :shrug:

MystikPiglit
02-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Thank you all for the PD. DH is recovering slowly. He was quite poorly Fri and Sat.