PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday and It's Sunny

Disneybumble
03-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Morning all. Seems like the sun has left Sussex and joined me up here in Bucks. How long it will last , BBC weather thinks until tomorrow.
So for me it's the third week of the summer holidays. Today we are off to see if Zoe's braces can come off. I doubt it but she is hopeful.
And to open a bank account for Liam so he can move out,,, NO did l say that out loud, because he is 16.
What you all upto this week.

Ursula
03-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Putting my frayed nerves back together.... DD was really grumpy yesterday so it was treading on eggshells and rice paper time for me... ohhhhhh the drama! Lol...

Dawn
03-08-2009, 07:46 AM
They can join the army at 16. :wink:

Still sunny in this part of Sussex but apparently not for much longer. The boy has swimming lessons every morning this week.

Ursula
03-08-2009, 07:49 AM
and you tell me this NOW!

arkvilla
03-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Sunny in Romford - for now

Got a list of things to do this week before.... we fly to Florida on Friday :bounce:

Isafari
03-08-2009, 08:55 AM
.... we fly to Florida on Friday :bounce:

I think you're winning so far :lol:

Disneybumble
03-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Army you say . Logs off to investigate further.

sunsetlakes
03-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Sunny in Swindon at the moment, just off to Walmart to do the monthly shop - will make sure I "plant" lots of hidden Mickeys :thumbsup:

kazzaqld
03-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Was a gorgeous day here today too - too bad I had to work! :thumbsdown::workdesk:

Glad you are finally getting some summer! :thumbsup::sunnysmile:

I am supposed to be going abseiling as a work thing on Wednesday - we have postponed this several times so hopefully we will finally get it done! :unsure:

Hopefully we are going out to dinner on Saturday if I can get around to calling restaurant to book! :dine:

Sunday we are going to the Ekka - kind of like a State Fair - where Gareth will be making me go on the chairlift! :fun50: (ok, I couldn't find a chairlift smilie!)

Dawn
03-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Sunny in Swindon at the moment, just off to Walmart to do the monthly shop - will make sure I "plant" lots of hidden Mickeys :thumbsup:

Oooh that reminds me. I was at a huge garden centre last Thursday and left a couple of hidden Mickeys in the pot section. See what you've started? :D

Ursula
03-08-2009, 11:01 AM
But but Muggles won't know they are hidden Mickeys will they? :unsure:

Dawn
03-08-2009, 12:54 PM
But there are non-muggles out there who will see it and smile. :D

ukwdwnut
03-08-2009, 01:21 PM
week 4 of hols

been sunny all day in essex so far, been cloudy too...got some rubbing down to do and thats about it so far

Dizneyblonde
03-08-2009, 01:36 PM
It's been raining all day in Cornwall and i'm still waiting for my tickets.

We leave home on Sunday morning :(

Dawn
03-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Still sunny here. :unsure:

Mandy
03-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Been sunny here in the Midlands today, just got back from town getting some holiday clothes for my son. :)

ukwdwnut
03-08-2009, 02:07 PM
It's been raining all day in Cornwall and i'm still waiting for my tickets.

We leave home on Sunday morning :(

omg you still dont have any tix...you been on the blower t them to see whats going on T?

Dizneyblonde
03-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Nothing i can do Mick as i booked through a TA and it's all in their hands!
They are chasing it for me.

ukwdwnut
03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Nothing i can do Mick as i booked through a TA and it's all in their hands!
They are chasing it for me.

oh yes there is :) dont stop you contacting them too tho. i take it was with val?

Taja
03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Still sunny here! And hoping for a break from it at some point this month! :lol:

We're still under an excessive heat warning advisory today--supposed to be around 111 degrees. July was the hottest month on record for the past--ummmm, can't remember if it was 40 years or since recordkeeping begain in the late 19th century--but it was unrelentingly HOT!

We're supposed to "cool off" to around 110 degrees tomorrow, possibly down to 106 or so by Saturday. :fingers:

This week is work, classes, study and repeat. With a bit of pool cleaning and housework thrown in for good measure. Our new project study group caught up with everyone else on Sunday--may have passed some. We worked ahead as much as we could with limited time available. Everyone will be working on different aspects of the project/presentation during the week, then we'll convene on Saturday again. The presentations will be in three weeks.

Beyond that, just trying to stay reasonably cool and comfortable this week. :thumbsup:

Dizneyblonde
03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
oh yes there is :) dont stop you contacting them too tho. i take it was with val?

Virgin won't discuss my booking as it was made through a TA.

Taja
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Virgin won't discuss my booking as it was made through a TA.

:fingers: that it's sorted soon and the tickets are in your hands!

This is the only reason I don't like to book through TAs. No matter how wonderful they are and how smoothly things usually run, there's a little glitch just waiting to nab me--and nothing I can do about it personally! Drives me crazy! :lol:

Disneybumble
03-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Taja keep cool and stay inside.
Any news yet Teresa.
Well l was wrong,the braces are coming off in 2 weeks. One very happy DD in my house.

Dizneyblonde
03-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Val has just phoned and basically Virgin have messed up and my tickets are still sat on someone's desk!
They offered to send them first class today but Val insisted the be send registered then she will forward them on to me.
Fingers crossed we get them before Saturday!

Disneybumble
03-08-2009, 04:20 PM
That's better news than this morning then Teresa. Fingers crossed hun. XXX

Linda l have decided we need a new thread pictures of our hidden mickeys . Your mission if you chose to accept is post a picture of one of your hidden mickeys.

Dawn
03-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Well it's still embarassingly sunny in Sussex. :D

Have spent the day clearing out the garden shed, which involved dismantling and removing the unused guinea pig run. Now the shed is all neat and tidy and I have a huge pile of stuff to take to the tip.

Freecycled a load of stuff too. Some people just don't get that saying please makes me more likely to give them stuff. :nono:

mainecoon lover
03-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Well its done nothing but rain in Cornwall. truro is manic as all tourists head there but seem to not want to use the new park and ride, they are just trying to look for parking spaces and clogging the roads.

Ursula
03-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Well it's still embarassingly sunny in Sussex. :D

Have spent the day clearing out the garden shed, which involved dismantling and removing the unused guinea pig run. Now the shed is all neat and tidy and I have a huge pile of stuff to take to the tip.

Freecycled a load of stuff too. Some people just don't get that saying please makes me more likely to give them stuff. :nono:

Please can you get me a Mercedes :unsure: I said please?