PDA

View Full Version : First hurricane of the season

Dawn
08-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Hurricane Bertha (115 mph) has intensified rapidly.

Bertha, as of 5 p.m. EDT,, 7/7/08 was centered about 730 miles ENE of the northern Leeward Islands and moving toward the WNW at 12 mph. A turn to a more NW track with a reduction in forward speed is expected over the next couple of days.

The hurricane may grow in size as its forward motion decelerates.

It still appears as if Bertha will eventually take a more northerly course and miss the East Coast of the U.S. Bermuda, however, could be threatened. Residents of the island are advised to pay close attention to the hurricane's progress.

Dare I mention the "hunker" word? :D

Tink2
08-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Hurricane Bertha (115 mph) has intensified rapidly.

Bertha, as of 5 p.m. EDT,, 7/7/08 was centered about 730 miles ENE of the northern Leeward Islands and moving toward the WNW at 12 mph. A turn to a more NW track with a reduction in forward speed is expected over the next couple of days.

The hurricane may grow in size as its forward motion decelerates.

It still appears as if Bertha will eventually take a more northerly course and miss the East Coast of the U.S. Bermuda, however, could be threatened. Residents of the island are advised to pay close attention to the hurricane's progress.

Not looking good for a quiet hurricane season :eek3::eek3:

Dawn
08-07-2008, 07:23 AM
It is quite early, isn't it.

Wendy
08-07-2008, 07:26 AM

Dawn you are very brave mentioning the "H" word :)

It does see a bit early though :(

Steven
08-07-2008, 09:54 AM
What's the hunker word??

BTW anyone know the names of this years?? I wanna know who to look out for in September!!!

Magical Moments.
08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Here you go Ste.

2008 Hurricane Names
Arthur
Bertha
Cristobal
Dolly
Edouard
Fay
Gustav
Hanna
Ike
Josephine
Kyle
Laura
Marco
Nana
Omar
Paloma
Rene
Sally
Teddy
Vicky
Wilfred

Steven
08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh god you just know Hurricane Nana's gonna come after me!!!!!!

Thanks Liz.

Tink
08-07-2008, 01:11 PM
This is a formal request. DO NOT use the "hunker" word in my presence! :eek:

Bertha is heading toward Bermuda as of this morning's forecast. It's not yet known if she will make landfall. She is reportedly losing some wind speed, but that's not saying much as she's a Cat 3! :eek:

It's not really early if you think that the season is June through November. :sigh;

Mike
08-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Must admit to some nerves.... this will be my 8th trip, but the first one in the danger zone....

Johnie
11-07-2008, 01:04 AM
I have to tell you what we were told by a shop owner at MCO the other night. He said he HOPES the hurricane hits FL! Why I asked? Because people get stuck at the airport and need to buy clothes :slap:

Obviously he has never experienced a hurricane..stupid man.

Britchick
11-07-2008, 08:02 AM
I have to tell you what we were told by a shop owner at MCO the other night. He said he HOPES the hurricane hits FL! Why I asked? Because people get stuck at the airport and need to buy clothes :slap:

Obviously he has never experienced a hurricane..stupid man.

perhaps someone can take him on a tour of the devastation that Katrina did!! idiot!!!!