PDA

View Full Version : What do you add your Disney touch to?

Beccaberry
11-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Do you have anything in your "real life" that you have "Disneyfied"? Your office? Your bathroom? Your wardrobe?

If so, share a photo!!

Here's one of mine...

I recently bought a new car that has an onboard GPS (or SatNav). When I start my car, this is the splash screen:

Tink
11-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Well, our kitchen is painted "Tigger's Tummy." :yes: :D

We have splashes of WDW here and there. Things from the FWF (platters, etc.). We have four Mickey (stirring and walking) dinner plates that are in the rack...

Look around you'll see touches. On my desk are a lovely Tink box from a beloved friend, and a castle pencil holder that is a music box. When you wind it up the monorail goes round and round... Seth loves it.

Mickey (white) wash cloths in the master bath...

Those sorts of things...

Tink
11-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Umm, so what new car did you buy? (Don't want to derail, but I can't stand not asking)! LOL.

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 01:41 AM
I don't have pictures right now, but I will take some and post them later, but my office is a mixture of disney and lucille ball. I love having fun things around when I'm racking my brain.

Beccaberry
11-08-2009, 01:43 AM
LOL, Tink...we bought a Kia Sorento :)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!

Vixynne
11-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Before my son was born, we did his nursery in Classic Pooh (technically Disney-esque...right?) I spent many hours up on a ladder, trying to keep my very pregnant belly balanced while painting!

Attached are some photos of the murals I painted with my mom's artful assistance!:bounce2:

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Vixynne those nursery paintings are awesome. You and your Mom painted that free hand.

lozzy
11-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Vixynne that is amazing.

Beccaberry
11-08-2009, 12:33 PM
:WOW: I'm speechless!! Those are INCREDIBLE.

Tink
11-08-2009, 12:44 PM
BEAUTIFUL nursery!!!

Becca! We rented one of those when we were in Arizona! :yes: We have the "sister" Hyundai Tucson. :yes:

So then, back to Disney touches in our lives... if you look closely you can find Tink on most of my socks. :D :D Sometimes you don't have to look all that close! :lol:

I have Eeyore nightclothes too. :yes: Oh, and a Tink watch...an Eeyore pin...ummm...getting a theme here? :lol:

Beccaberry
11-08-2009, 12:51 PM
BEAUTIFUL nursery!!!

Becca! We rented one of those when we were in Arizona! :yes: We have the "sister" Hyundai Tucson. :yes:

So then, back to Disney touches in our lives... if you look closely you can find Tink on most of my socks. :D :D Sometimes you don't have to look all that close! :lol:

I have Eeyore nightclothes too. :yes: Oh, and a Tink watch...an Eeyore pin...ummm...getting a theme here? :lol:

Oh, Oh!! We looked at the Tucson! It was actually our first choice, but the Sorento had a better rebate and in the end, MUCH better terms, so we went with it. LOVE IT. They threw in the onboard gps for free as I couldn't find my way out of box with a map and a flashlight. :rolleyes:

We have a few things in our kitchen, mostly goodies from the F&W Fest.

Baleigh has a few towel animals in her window :) She and her friend that lives next door use them as "covert" signs :wink:

Johnie
11-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I have little blue Mickey studs in the second hole in my ear. I have my new tattoo which sports a hidden Mickey. Usually you can find me wearing a Disney watch of some sort but not today.

My office at work has several framed Disney prints. I also have postcards and several odds and ends. I also keep up my little Mickey Christmas tree all year round.

My house has tons of Mickey stuff everywhere.

PsychoAlice
11-08-2009, 01:26 PM
My desk looks like I threw up Alice in Wonderland...

Beccaberry
11-08-2009, 02:04 PM
:laugh: :blech:

ukwdwnut
11-08-2009, 02:18 PM
nothing disneyfied here but my DD lauren is drawing the 1st freehand from a photo and the 2nd from memory

Johnie
11-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Those are awesome!

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow! That's amazing!

Dorothy
11-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I have touches of Disney pretty much all over if you know where to look for them :D My favorite though is my blown glass castle that the kids bought me when they were teenagers while we were at Disney :yes:

Vixynne
11-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Vixynne those nursery paintings are awesome. You and your Mom painted that free hand.

I wish I could say I was that talented! I have a really beautifully-illustrated hardcover storybook of the Pooh tales, and we used a few of the pictures to work from, after sponge-painting a sky blue background.

My mom works at a university, so she was able to borrow something called an "Elmo", which is a projector thingamabob. Put the book on the Elmo, and it shot the picture on the wall; we sketched the image on with pencil and then went back and painted everything in with acrylics. She's the real artist, I just slopped colors down where she told me too, LOL...and tried not to take a header off the ladder!

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Here's my office
3964.vB

3965.vB

3966.vB

3967.vB

ukwdwnut
11-08-2009, 05:12 PM
cool really looks good billie

luv the drawing on the wall....do they still sell them at HS?....when we first went in 2000 we went into a studioand saw an animator doing his stuff and then into a gallery and denise fell in luv with them and wants one but never been able to find it since :(

Mandy
11-08-2009, 05:17 PM
nothing disneyfied here but my DD lauren is drawing the 1st freehand from a photo and the 2nd from memory

WoW! Mick they are lovely, she has a very good talent there. :thumbsup:

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Thank you! Which one? The villians or donald? :)

ukwdwnut
11-08-2009, 05:25 PM
WoW! Mick they are lovely, she has a very good talent there. :thumbsup:

thx mandy shes always been good at art and watched closed at HS how the artist their started his drawings, all starts from circles and you can see.

she was asked to do a portrait of rod stewart and sold it was sooooo good

Thank you! Which one? The villians or donald? :)

the villains, i luv the depth of colour they use. stunning :)

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh yes, the villian poster. I got that at DTD in the store that was connected to the scrapbooking store. It was several years ago. I just love the villians.

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Mick, Lauren is so talented.
Billie love your office. I lkke the dated photo frames.

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I've made the photo frames my own personal tradition. After my first trip I started purchrasing a photo frame during each visit. My last is the WL frame which I got during the 08 summoer trip.

Britchick
11-08-2009, 07:30 PM
we have a sorento Becca and we like ours :thumbsup:

Jon doesn't really like disney in the rest of the house but the spare room i have turned into a craft room/office. The single bed is disney bedding with a throw and lots of cushions, the shelves are full of mickey and minnie mouses, the walls have pins and pictures etc I will take some photos when it's lighter and post

Taja
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM

I remember when Laren did that first drawing, Mick! It's still every bit as terrific as I recall! :)

House: I have a pewter salt & pepper shaker set of Sleeping Beauty castle at Disneyland on a small tray from the first year or two Disneyland was open. Still in the original box, if you can imagine! The lid is plain blue, with a basic cardboard tan bottom. And I have Cinderella's castle in 3-D etched glass, which Leu bought me during our August, 2003 WDW visit (her first visit to WDW).

Personal: I bought a Mickey watch in December 2007 that I wear frequently. Large face with the arms that tell time on a black strap. What used to be considered a man's watch--I consider it large enough to see without my reading glasses! :lol:

I also have two pairs of hidden Mickey earrings from Leu. One pair is 14K gold: small hoops with hidden Mickey charms. The other pair is post & clutch hidden Mickey in sterling with crystals in the three circles.

Also purchased a navy blue Walt Disney World tote bag that I use occasionally. Bought it mainly for travel--I can fit my purse, small cooler (holds two water bottles), a book, magazines, etc., for long flights. Keeps everything together quite nicely. :thumbsup:

Tinker
12-08-2009, 01:45 AM
My bedroom is Disney Princesses . No pics, but I can take some . Every room has a Disney touch . I have a Tinkerbell tattoo that PA picked for me . My cell phone rings U Can Fly .

Rosie0610
12-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Everyone is so creative and talented!!

Vixynne, I don't care if you traced or not, what's in that room takes talent!! I can't draw a stick figure!

DS's room is currently the only room where I"m 'allowed' to Disneyfy! It's a Pooh room that DH worked endlessly on. Hw was in there for hours and when I thought he was done he'd do more! I have some pics on my computer at home. I'll post them later.

I also have a Disney poster I made on our last trip that's based on the "doors of..." series. We had doors of Ireland, Buffalo, Ellicottville, and New Orleans. We couldn't find anything Disney so we made a "windows of Disney" poster from pics we took. I'll see if I can post that as well.

Beccaberry
12-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh Rosie!! That sounds cool! I'd love to see it!

ukwdwnut
12-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh yes, the villian poster. I got that at DTD in the store that was connected to the scrapbooking store. It was several years ago. I just love the villians.

cool will have to go and look in there next year, thx billie :D

Mick, Lauren is so talented.

thx siobhan :hug2: i keep on at her to finish all of her drawings...but at the mo she is sooooooo busy in her new beauty room its taking precedence so cant blame her :)

I remember when Laren did that first drawing, Mick! It's still every bit as terrific as I recall! :)

thx taja :hug2:

PsychoAlice
13-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh and i have a Mad Hatter (its really for St Pattys but let me live my dream would ya?) Mickey Ball on my antenea on the car and the inside puked tinkerbell!