PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Paris was lovely, but...

Deb
11-08-2009, 05:39 AM
...while we were away our cat Mr Darcy went missing. Our poor housesitter was distraught, bless her. She went looking for him all the time, but doesn't know the area very well, and it's mainly just fields and woodland here so it's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. We were worried about him our last 2 days in Paris and although we had a lovely time it did take the edge off it somewhat :(

Since we got home early evening on Sunday we have been looking for him in different places, and I spent yesterday walking around fields and dropping leaflets off to houses - it seems his territory is a lot wider than we had previously thought after talking to people! Anyway, I know most cats do come home after a few days, but I think I'm extra worried as it's 2 years to the week that my cat George went missing, never to be seen again :( Also, we are surrounded by wheat fields and the harvesting starts today, which could potentially be dangerous and disorientating for him. Or of course it might drive him home :shrug:

Some "come home right now Mr Darcy" thoughts would be most appreciated, thank you :yes:

Oh, and I will be doing a trippie for Paris...we did have a lovely time :)

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 06:46 AM
:hug2::hug2::hug2:
Deb, so sorry about Mr Darcy. I understand your pain.My ginger cat Ollie keeps doing this. Going for a couple of days and then turning up.
I 'm pleased you enjoyed Paris but l understand completely that it took the edge off it.
Keep us updated Deb and here's some of the good stuff for Mr Darcys safe and quick return.
:pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:

daveann
11-08-2009, 07:04 AM
oh deb so sorry to read that :(

Dawn
11-08-2009, 07:40 AM
:pixiedust: to help Mr Darcy find his way home

Isafari
11-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Hopefully he's just having a little holiday of his own and will be back before you know it. :fingers: :hug2:

Claire
11-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Is it possible he's sulking? I hope he comes home very soon. :pdust::pdust::pdust:

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Okay, "Mr. Darcy, you get back here right now! How dare you scare your momma like this!"

Hope he hears my yelling!

Will be thrilled to hear about Paris

Ursula
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Has Mr Darcy been *done*?... They wander off for days I hear if they haven't had the snip. Hope he comes back soon :(

Johnie
11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
oh goodness, I hope Mr darcy was just out sowing his oats so to speak. Sending lots of pixie dust for his safe return and big :hug2::hug2: to you.

Mandy
11-08-2009, 03:14 PM
So sorry to her about Mr Darcy Deb. :hug2::hug2:

Glad you enjoyed Paris! :)

Deb
11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Has Mr Darcy been *done*?... They wander off for days I hear if they haven't had the snip. Hope he comes back soon :(

Yes Helly, he's been done, and he never usually goes for more than a few hours, 20 hours maximum a few times.

Still no news, we're about to go out and look again, The harvesting started at lunchtime so I'm worried about that :(

Thanks everyone for your good wishes...I know Mr D is a cat, but you know what I'm like about my furry babies...

mumof2
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
oh no.....come on home soon Mr Darcy :hug2:

Tinkerbell
11-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Aw no Deb :(

Please come home Mr Darcy and stop worrying your mum

mainecoon lover
11-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Hun i am so sorry and i understand how you feel :hug2:. My cats can be naughtier than children sometimes :nono:.
Come home soon Mr Darcy you know what side your bread is buttered on :yes:

piglet
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Hurry up home Mr Darcy, you're really missed :hug2::hug2:

Tinkfan
11-08-2009, 06:26 PM
:hug2: Pets are part of your family and when one is gone you worry. Lots of :pixiedust::pixiedust:

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Furry or human they are still our babies. Here's hoping for some good news this evening.

Mari
11-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Im so sorry about Mr Darcy

I hope he finds his way back soon

:hug2:

Disneybumble
12-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Any news this morning Deb.:hug2:

Deb
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
No Siobhan, still nothing :( Had a good drive around some unused country lanes last night as the Gamekeeper said he was happy for us to do that - he's looking out for him too whichis good as he gets to wander around a lot of the types of places Darcy might be. Just been out to post a few more leaflets through doors in a wider catchment area but I think it's just a matter of waiting now unfortunately. It's so frustrating when there's nothing you can do about it.

Thanks for caring everyone :hug2:

Disneybumble
12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
No Siobhan, still nothing :( Had a good drive around some unused country lanes last night as the Gamekeeper said he was happy for us to do that - he's looking out for him too whichis good as he gets to wander around a lot of the types of places Darcy might be. Just been out to post a few more leaflets through doors in a wider catchment area but I think it's just a matter of waiting now unfortunately. It's so frustrating when there's nothing you can do about it.

Thanks for caring everyone :hug2:

My heart is breaking for you Deb. I love my fur babies so much. and when they go missing ,l get so worried.

Isafari
12-08-2009, 03:07 PM
:hug2: Please come home Darcy :sorry:

daveann
12-08-2009, 03:23 PM
sorry there is no news as yet :(

Tink
12-08-2009, 06:44 PM
I was hoping that by the time I got to the end of this thread there would be good news. :sorry:

Please, come home Mr. Darcy? It's the best place for you to be! :pdust: :pdust:

Kate
12-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Aw Deb, i really feel for you, its awful when they take themselves off like that isnt it, such a worry.
One of my cats (Lucy, shes very old now - shes around 22) took herself off for a walk and was gone over 3wks!!! I was distraught to say the least, every single day i would go out looking for her and would you believe one morning i was sat having my cup of coffee and i heard her. I looked straight at DH and flew out of my seat - she was at my back door crying, i could not believe my eyes, i was laughing and crying all at the same time!
Dont give up on him Deb, he will come home x

Deb
13-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Yayyyyyy!!! Mr Darcy came home at 5am this morning! :happydance:

He seems fine and none the worse for wear, maybe a bit slimmer and he is hungry. The first thing he wanted to do after a cuddle and a meal was to take a walk with us all so we have just taken a turn around the paddock at 6am!! He is now eating again and then I expect him to sleep all day :yes:

Thank you all for you "Come Home" thoughts and your support...it really helped me :hug2:

Kate
13-08-2009, 06:00 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaay! Fantastic news, im so pleased for you!

I hope as youve been cuddling him you've told him not to do that again, hes had us all worried!

Deb
13-08-2009, 06:07 AM
I did Kate. most definitely!!! He is sitting here beside me now, and I keep saying "Don't do it again!!!"

We were lying in bed and about 15 mins before he came back our other cat Lola had been trying to put her paws through the window to that was 2 inches open which she doesn't normally do..I was worrying she was going to knock over the ornament that's on there. She must have known he was out there. Then I heard a little cry at the door (our bedroom is downstairs) and shouted "Mr Darcy!! OH woke up in a bit of a shock! We all ran to the door (including furry things) to greet him and we had a lovely mass cuddle for a few minutes!!!

Now Lola is sulking and won't talk to him for leaving her for a week :rolleyes:

kazzaqld
13-08-2009, 06:40 AM
:bounce:

Naughty Mr Darcy for worrying us all like that! :wiggle:

Isafari
13-08-2009, 07:35 AM
What wonderful news to wake up to....I've been so worried!
Deb, I am so pleased that Darcy found his way home....he knows where he is well of :yes: :hug2:

lozzy
13-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I am so glad Mr Darcy is home,
if only they knew how much we worry when they go of like they do.

daveann
13-08-2009, 11:28 AM
yay glad he came home :)

Tink
13-08-2009, 01:24 PM
YAAAAAAY!!!!!! He's returned! :9: :9: What a huge relief. Funny how a little kitty can get into your heart when you've not ever petted him once!

Now then, give him a good old scold for wandering off and scaring the life out of all of us. :yes: On the step with Mr. Darcy for ohhhhhh at least thirty seconds! :yes: :lol:

Seriously, Deb. Wonderful news that he's return none the worse for wear.

Claire
13-08-2009, 02:49 PM
So pleased Mr Darcy is back where he belongs Deb. I thought maybe he'd gone to Netherfield for the summer with Mr Bingley.

Tinkerbell
13-08-2009, 03:33 PM
:bounce::bouncing::rainbowsmile2:

So so so glad Mr Darcy has come home!

:bounce::bouncing::rainbowsmile2:

uscwest
13-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Deb, so glad to hear that Mr. Darcy came home.

Johnie
13-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Now Lola is sulking and won't talk to him for leaving her for a week :rolleyes:

Serves him right!

I am so glad he's back home!! :hug2:

Dawn
13-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Mr Darcy that was very norty. :nono:

But we are all pleased that you are home safely. :mental:

And I'm with Lola on this one. :rotfl:

Mari
13-08-2009, 10:10 PM
so glad hes safe :)

Vixynne
13-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Hurrah for a happy homecoming!
Doesn't it make you wish Mr. Darcy could give us his very own trip report? What was he up to, what sights did he see, what kind of kitty-cation did he go on while you were in Paris...*ponders*

Ursula
14-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Phew! What a relief! So that ginger lil hussy down the road has finally kicked him out then.....

piglet
15-08-2009, 11:09 AM
:bounce::bounce:Sorry I missed this yesterday but I'm so pleased he's back

Tinkfan
15-08-2009, 01:36 PM
:hug2:, First off :dance: then :Rules: for Mr Darcy!!! Silly kitty!! So glad he's home!:yes:

Disneybumble
16-08-2009, 07:53 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
I was hoping to read this. That is great news Deb.:hug2: