PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 07:00 AM
and this weather is seriously getting me down. I am not a massive sun worshiper but to have some sun and a bit of warmth would be good.
I feel so low today and l can only presume this is why.

Deb
11-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Oh Siobhan :hug2: I have been feeling so very very fed up with the weather too. It's just nice to be able to be outside comfortably isn't it? However, it happens to be sunny here today at last...just as I don't want it to be as it means the farmer will start harvesting the fields and I'm worried about Mr Darcy being out there in case he gets hurt :( Oh well...

Do you want to pop up to mine and have some Pimms in the sunny garden with me? (I have vodka too :D)

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm on my way Deb. I can help you look to.

daveann
11-08-2009, 09:42 AM
it doesnt know what to do here its sunny one minute but there are some black clouds floating about my washing has been in and out till its dizzy.
lucy had her op yesterday and had a restless night today she wants to do all her normal things and cant someone should tell her that .................... :(

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 11:40 AM
oh I can completely understand. I am definitely not a sun person either, but after so many days I always need a little sunshine! :hug2:

Beccaberry
11-08-2009, 12:36 PM
We have a bit of sun here this morning...I'll be happy to share!

Of course you'll have to help me pack.... :wink:

Tink
11-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Siobhan, that is so true. :yes: The weather really effects my mood/disposition. Gray, rainy skies for more than a day... :sigh:

OK, let's try some mental imagery... Bright Florida sunshine, sitting by the pool, a kiss of a breeze and a tall vodka whatever... help? :hug2:

Johnie
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Ladies! Come visit me. We've got more sunshine, heat and humidity then we know what to do with!

Lack of sunshine makes me sad too. I could never live in Alaska where it is dark for 6 months.

ukwdwnut
11-08-2009, 03:37 PM
beautiful and sunny after a cloudy start....hot out too :D

foreverducky
11-08-2009, 03:46 PM
very nice today...warm but not too hot...but it's not even noon yet

mumof2
11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
awww hun, this dreary summer weather does get you down doesn't it :hug2:

it actually turned out to be a hot day here today only i didn't know it 'til around 4pm as i've been sitting in a courtroom all day as my Mum gave her witness account for her neighbours car accident case, it didn't turn out well but that's another story.

hope you're feeling a little better now Siobhan, and if not here's some more hugs for you :hug2: :hug2::hug2:

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks Guys. Well we now have sun and warmth. It started at 11 ish. I have only just come to the conclusion about how affected l am by the weather. These dark days have been just terrible.
Anyways l now have a few US invites so watch out ladies l'm a coming.

ukwdwnut
11-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks Guys. Well we now have sun and warmth. It started at 11 ish. I have only just come to the conclusion about how affected l am by the weather. These dark days have been just terrible.
Anyways l now have a few US invites so watch out ladies l'm a coming.

you not the only one that hates the dull and dreary weather here i hate it with a passion, wish i lived in sunny climes all year round :D

mumof2
11-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Siobhan, i keep thinking about investing in one of those S.A.D lamps - i wonder if they really do work....a bit of sunshine and warmth can make the day so much better :yes:

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Siobhan, i keep thinking about investing in one of those S.A.D lamps - i wonder if they really do work....a bit of sunshine and warmth can make the day so much better :yes:

Or a week in Benidorm for us both:thumbsup:

mumof2
11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Or a week in Benidorm for us both:thumbsup:

i know a lovely town a little further up from Benidorm, nice and quiet but not too quiet - lots of lovely restaurants, a delicious Chinese restaurant that serve schnapps after you've eaten - a couple of lovely beaches, bars by the beach so we could sit and drink sangria to our hearts content :yes:

.....you free to go tomorrow?

Disneybumble
11-08-2009, 06:47 PM
i know a lovely town a little further up from Benidorm, nice and quiet but not too quiet - lots of lovely restaurants, a delicious Chinese restaurant that serve schnapps after you've eaten - a couple of lovely beaches, bars by the beach so we could sit and drink sangria to our hearts content :yes:

.....you free to go tomorrow?

Right we're off. I can go tomorrow BUt l have to be back to go to Bournemouth on Thursday................................... schnapps:wiggle: Oh forget it grab your sun cream,let's go.

mumof2
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Right we're off. I can go tomorrow BUt l have to be back to go to Bournemouth on Thursday................................... schnapps:wiggle: Oh forget it grab your sun cream,let's go.

see you at gatwick! :wave:

Taja
11-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I really don't know how you can live where the sun doesn't shine brightly and regularly! Although, I'm sure you have the same reaction when I grumble about the temperature flirting with--or exceeding!--115 degrees! :lol:

While I appreciate a bit of cooler, overcast weather, I'm seriously in need of a sunshine fix after about three days! :rolleyes:

That's why I live where we shovel sand (after a sandstorm), rather than snow! ;)

kazzaqld
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Bit grey and overcast here today - serve me right for crowing about how beautiful it was yesterday!

I am still in short sleeves but I think I will need to get a jacket soon.

Wish I could come to Benidorm with you though! :wave:

mumof2
12-08-2009, 09:30 AM
this is one of the beaches i was talking about, sheer bliss to just sit and have a drink basking in the warmth of the sun and listening to the waves gently lapping against the shore....*sigh*

mumof2
12-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Taja, you just *know* we'd most likely complain about the heat if we lived where you do!! I would love to live somewhere where it's warm and sunny most days though :thumbsup:

Disneybumble
12-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Mairead that is beautiful what's called.

mumof2
12-08-2009, 01:38 PM
That's El Portet in Moraira, the bay was very quiet when i took the picture as it was in December - it does get busier but it's not like the 'brits abroad' resorts....in fact, i think there may only be 1 nightclub but i never saw it!

Anyway, we'll go there when you get back from Bournemouth! :thumbsup:

Disneybumble
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
That's El Portet in Moraira, the bay was very quiet when i took the picture as it was in December - it does get busier but it's not like the 'brits abroad' resorts....in fact, i think there may only be 1 nightclub but i never saw it!

Anyway, we'll go there when you get back from Bournemouth! :thumbsup:

:hug2: I wish. You and me and a bottle of the good stuff.

mumof2
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
:hug2: I wish. You and me and a bottle of the good stuff.

:yes: