PDA

View Full Version : Sky hd

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Does anyone have sky hd. We had it fitted yesterday after waiting months for the price to drop. The thing is i can not see the diffrence :confused:

keith
08-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Does anyone have sky hd. We had it fitted yesterday after waiting months for the price to drop. The thing is i can not see the diffrence :confused:

definitely watching the HD channels if so, which ones have you tried and what size is the TV?

It's really weird HD. It *is* better but everything needs to be spot on to see a difference and even then, it depends on the actual content. For example I was shown a demo of a football match and thought erm, no different! then I saw a nature programme and could definitely see that there was more detail.

The problem in my humble opinion, comes with the size of tv. On a 32" or smaller, it's very hard to see much difference at all unless you get right up close and then it all looks horrible anyway. On a 42" or larger you CAN.

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
We have a 42 inch screen at the moment i have Nat Geo HD on.

keith
08-07-2008, 01:57 PM
We have a 42 inch screen at the moment i have Nat Geo HD on.

well that's that then :lol: yep I would have thought you'd see a difference there between the normal channel and the HD one :(

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Just finished watching programme about dogs on there and changed channel to ITV and yes i can now see the diffrence :yes:

keith
08-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Just finished watching programme about dogs on there and changed channel to ITV and yes i can now see the diffrence :yes:

YAYA excellent!!!! I do think it's kinda early days too. Some transmissions seem to be compressed too heavily for my liking so they look all jagged and blotchy which completely destroys the effect. It'll get better as time goes on

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks. The sky man was saying yesterday that he thinks it will become free soon. Apparently ITV are due to bring out hd channel but they would not let sky have access to it.

keith
08-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks. The sky man was saying yesterday that he thinks it will become free soon. Apparently ITV are due to bring out hd channel but they would not let sky have access to it.

I think with freesat offering free HD channels via satellite, just buy the box and a tv license and you're away, Sky will have to do something otherwise they'll start losing the HD crowd. So yep, I could see it being free soon

ukwdwnut
08-07-2008, 02:43 PM
I think with freesat offering free HD channels via satellite, just buy the box and a tv license and you're away, Sky will have to do something otherwise they'll start losing the HD crowd. So yep, I could see it being free soon

fantabulous, as im getting a big plasma after the hols woohoo

michelle, how much is it now?

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
fantabulous, as im getting a big plasma after the hols woohoo

michelle, how much is it now?

Mick we paid 195, still more than we really wanted but the temptation was to much. This was with installation.
We still have our sky+ box. Sky have said it would not cost anymore if we used it in one of our multi rooms. I asked about cost to install it but the guy said oh its easy just buy some extra wire :eek:. I think we will get someone into install it :p015:

ukwdwnut
08-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Mick we paid 195, still more than we really wanted but the temptation was to much. This was with installation.
We still have our sky+ box. Sky have said it would not cost anymore if we used it in one of our multi rooms. I asked about cost to install it but the guy said oh its easy just buy some extra wire :eek:. I think we will get someone into install it :p015:

ok cool, is there a monthly charge too?

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 07:48 PM
ok cool, is there a monthly charge too?

10 a month. We were paying that for sky+ anyway so we are not paying anymore money.

ukwdwnut
08-07-2008, 07:54 PM
ok. is that multi room tho?

mainecoon lover
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
ok. is that multi room tho?

We do have multi room but unsure on what we pay there

ukwdwnut
10-07-2008, 10:46 AM
We do have multi room but unsure on what we pay there

thats the 10 per month fee then

mainecoon lover
11-07-2008, 07:43 PM
thats the 10 per month fee then

Yes. They have allowed us to put our sky+ box in the bedroom at no extra subscription cost.

I am going to give you a laugh now. We had sky out last night as the phone connection was not working. The guy asked me what we thought of hd. I told him to begin with i could not see the diffrence but after a while i could see a slight diffrence but was not over impressed. He laughed and said he new why. The guy that had fitted it had not connected the hd lead :lol:
He has fitted the lead now and yes i can now see what all the fuss is about :lol:

keith
11-07-2008, 07:46 PM
He laughed and said he new why. The guy that had fitted it had not connected the hd lead :lol:
He has fitted the lead now and yes i can now see what all the fuss is about :lol:

OMG! :lol: jeez though, you'd assume they'd make a decent job of it wouldnt you given it's all they do all day

mainecoon lover
11-07-2008, 07:49 PM
OMG! :lol: jeez though, you'd assume they'd make a decent job of it wouldnt you given it's all they do all day

Yeah you would :yes:

ukwdwnut
12-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Yes. They have allowed us to put our sky+ box in the bedroom at no extra subscription cost.

I am going to give you a laugh now. We had sky out last night as the phone connection was not working. The guy asked me what we thought of hd. I told him to begin with i could not see the diffrence but after a while i could see a slight diffrence but was not over impressed. He laughed and said he new why. The guy that had fitted it had not connected the hd lead :lol:

omg what a plank. as keith said you think he would know what to do given he only installs sky all day everyday, unless thats how he installs it for everyone :lol: