PDA

View Full Version : Do you decorate for Halloween?

Mari
19-08-2009, 08:31 PM
If you do.. what do you put up???

we put 2 clay jack olanterns with lightbulbs inside, and hang a skeleton from the front door...

we have a spiderweb table runner, and a few small plush decorations for around the house.. not much!

Tinker
19-08-2009, 08:39 PM
I have a lighted ghost and witch stencil that gets hung in the window . In the middle window is a jack o lantern . On the porch is a spooky hanging bat that gets all wired out when there is noise and a ghost hanging . I decorate my entertainment center with all kinds of Halloween decor . I have a Witch from Yankee Candle . I have a Disney Halloween cookie jar that goes in the midlle of the kitchen table on top of my fall tablecloth .
The night of trick or treat , I put a black light in my porch lamp and play spooky music . The poor kids are quivering to see who answers the door and there I am dressed as Tinkerbell . :lol:

foreverducky
19-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I adore Halloween! It's my favorite holiday. I really don't have any decorations besides my window clings at the moment, but I hope to buy more this year and then after the holiday for next year. I want to decorate tons! I put up my window clings on October 1st. I want to enjoy the entire month. I enjoy the whole month, the weather, the chill in the air, the scary movies, the decorations and of course the CANDY!!!!

foreverducky
19-08-2009, 08:48 PM
I forgot to add that this past Halloween was my first time giving out candy and I loved it!!!!!!

sunsetlakes
19-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I love Halloween, I dress up, make goody bags for the children calling (with beaded spiders, lizards and some sweets) I have skull candles, music, lights, severed hands, heads and other bits a pieces. I love to open the door to the kids, some of whom are now the kids of kids that used to come years ago (we've lived in the same house for 25 years). For pure devilment I like to tell some of them to give me a trick, the little ones think its great fun to be able to squirt me and go off delighted afterwards. Its a good excuse to regress into being a child again - lol

Rosie0610
20-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I dress up too! I dress the dogs up too! DH just laughs at me!

We decorate the front door and have a little mummy man holding the candy jar. I have numerous candles. We bought a Stitch dressed as a devil and Mickey dressed as a bat at WDW one year. I have some light up bats and ghosts that go in the front window. Tealights go up in the garden with witches and bats on them.

I guess I really do a lot for Halloween! I've accumulated a lot of junk over the years!

Mari
20-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I have a lighted ghost and witch stencil that gets hung in the window . In the middle window is a jack o lantern . On the porch is a spooky hanging bat that gets all wired out when there is noise and a ghost hanging . I decorate my entertainment center with all kinds of Halloween decor . I have a Witch from Yankee Candle . I have a Disney Halloween cookie jar that goes in the midlle of the kitchen table on top of my fall tablecloth .
The night of trick or treat , I put a black light in my porch lamp and play spooky music . The poor kids are quivering to see who answers the door and there I am dressed as Tinkerbell . :lol:

:lol:

Tx_Belle
20-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Hmm.... where do I begin? :tongue:

We LOVE decorating for Halloween and Christmas so much that people take pictures in our yard with all the decorations. They tell us every year that they make special trips just to see us.

A new thing we want to do this year is to copy a portion of the Haunted Mansion. That is, the section in the graveyard with the skeleton arm rising from the casket with a teacup in hand. :yes: I just wish decorating wasn't so darned expensive!

Tink
21-08-2009, 11:18 AM
We don't do much. We have a few things we put out if we remember! LOL.

We do hand out candy if we are at home. It's fun to see the little ones come all dressed up. One year we had the tiniest little girl at the door. She was dressed to look like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. What a precious little girl!

Then of course, as the evening wears on you get those (not children!) who are not dressed and just bang on the door and essentially hold out their hand. :rolleyes:

We've learned to turn the light off at 9:00 to avoid that nonsense. Not sure what we'll be doing this year...

josh.p.
21-08-2009, 11:53 AM
We usually make a few pumpkins and put them outside, in a few years we will make a big fuss for Niamh

premier travel
21-08-2009, 04:59 PM
We do decorate our shop window for Halloween, kids go trick n treating and we normally have a pumkin outside at home. It is now getting more common in the Uk than it use to be.

Taja
23-08-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm usually working Halloween--it's EOM (end-of-month to all the non-accounting people of the world!). So I don't really do anything.

We used to decorate a bit and my mother loved handing out candy to the little ones. It's usually quite nice out that time of year (typically 80 to 100 degrees in the early evening), and she used to sit outside the garage and chat and hand out candy. It was a social event for her. :)

Isafari
23-08-2009, 12:26 AM
We don't decorate at all and I've not seen a single house around our way that does decorate! I guess Halloween isn't a big occasion around here.

We do get quite a lot of kids coming to the door for their treats and DH took it into his head a couple of years back to try and give the kids a fright as he opened the door. This has gone down with mixed results :unsure:

So, he puts his Dracula teeth in :rolleyes: swings open the door really quick to a group of kids and shouts RAAAAHH at the top of his voice. The boy shouts back "Na na, ya didn't scare me." Then the little girl dressed as a witch says quietly "you scared me and I've just peed my pants." :bugeye:

The year before he does the same thing to the Avon lady and I haven't seen her since :shrug:

Tinkfan
23-08-2009, 01:05 AM
:slap:
We don't decorate at all and I've not seen a single house around our way that does decorate! I guess Halloween isn't a big occasion around here.

We do get quite a lot of kids coming to the door for their treats and DH took it into his head a couple of years back to try and give the kids a fright as he opened the door. This has gone down with mixed results :unsure:

So, he puts his Dracula teeth in :rolleyes: swings open the door really quick to a group of kids and shouts RAAAAHH at the top of his voice. The boy shouts back "Na na, ya didn't scare me." Then the little girl dressed as a witch says quietly "you scared me and I've just peed my pants." :bugeye:

The year before he does the same thing to the Avon lady and I haven't seen her since :shrug:

:slap:ROFL, too funny. We go all out decorating for fall and Halloween, why I don't know because we live on a very steep hill and have never gotten any trick or treaters! We use pumpkins and huge pots of mums, cornstalks and special flags, cobwebs and grave stones, skeletons and witches and so on....:yes:

KelBelle
23-08-2009, 10:29 AM
It's not REALLY that big here to be honest. But I love decorating and I'm going to do it this year lol..
It's Aaron's birthday on the 30th too so we normally have a few friends round anyway :)

Just do pumpkins, spider webs (shivers), skeletons and just other decorative bits inside too :) I love it lol xx

Tink
23-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Issy!!! :laugh: Oh my gosh! I have laughed so hard I have tears in my eyes!!! :laugh:

Vixynne
23-08-2009, 05:04 PM

Can I hire your DH--I have a couple of bill collectors I'd like frightened away!...Then maybe my monster-in-law...
:laugh2:
Great story! (Poor little witch.)

Isafari
23-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Issy!!! :laugh: Oh my gosh! I have laughed so hard I have tears in my eyes!!! :laugh:

:lol: laughter is good for you :D

Can I hire your DH--I have a couple of bill collectors I'd like frightened away!...Then maybe my monster-in-law...
:laugh2:
Great story! (Poor little witch.)

Sure you can, he comes very cheap, but he bites! :unsure:

Tink
24-08-2009, 01:32 AM
ISSY!!!!! :laugh:

josh.p.
24-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Issy... I am in stitches!

foreverducky
31-08-2009, 12:41 AM
If he bites, then it's even better!

wdwgrandma
31-08-2009, 10:16 PM
We have some Mickey pumpkin lanterns and some Mickey and Pooh Halloween plushes that we arrange on the staircase in the foyer. We also have a really ratty looking scarecrow that we put out front with some fake pumpkins.

Disneybumble
01-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Diane that is sooooooooo funny.