PDA

View Full Version : Special dinner in New York

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 02:03 PM
We are going to New York in November. Dh will turn 40 whilst we are there. We would like to go for a nice meal but dh is not one for dressing up, he likes to be casual :rolleyes008:.
Were can we go for a nice meal that does not have a strict dress policy.

Thanks.

Beccaberry
08-07-2008, 02:04 PM
What are your likes/dislikes? We have found some LOVELY places in the last year....

Mike
08-07-2008, 02:05 PM
The Oyster Bar under Grand Central Station... the best seafood in the city and very casual.

Beccaberry
08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
The Oyster Bar under Grand Central Station... the best seafood in the city and very casual.

OOOH!! Yes. Quite yummy....Arthur Ave has some great oysters too, Mike :D

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 02:08 PM

Oh that sounds nice.

What are your likes/dislikes? We have found some LOVELY places in the last year....

We are not fusy at all. Love anything really. Dh would not be happy with a vegitarian restraunt but thats about it. We love pasta and seafood best.

Mike
08-07-2008, 02:08 PM
..sigh.. I can't wait to get back to New York.

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Found the web site if anyone is intrested. Thanks Mike dh would love it there :yes:

http://www.oysterbarny.com/oysterbar/html/index2.htm

keith
08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
..sigh.. I can't wait to get back to New York.

me too :yes:

Beccaberry
08-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I'd have to say, Carmine's in the Theatre District is also delicious. I've included their URL below...all of their dishes are served family style. I love Carmine's because it's so versatile, it's great for couples enjoying a romantic dinner (it's actually where Jon proposed to me) but it's also great for huge groups who want to have a good time. The food is FANTASTIC (the martinis are big enough to swim in) and the atmosphere is lovely...almost like eating at your Italian grandmother's.....

http://www.carminesnyc.com/

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I'd have to say, Carmine's in the Theatre District is also delicious. I've included their URL below...all of their dishes are served family style. I love Carmine's because it's so versatile, it's great for couples enjoying a romantic dinner (it's actually where Jon proposed to me) but it's also great for huge groups who want to have a good time. The food is FANTASTIC (the martinis are big enough to swim in) and the atmosphere is lovely...almost like eating at your Italian grandmother's.....

Thanks hun. Great menu, i am going to put it on my list as dh and i love itallian food.

Britchick
08-07-2008, 07:15 PM
i've never been!!:(

mainecoon lover
08-07-2008, 07:41 PM
i've never been!!:(

You have to its amazing.

Britchick
08-07-2008, 08:06 PM
i know, maybe for my 40th combined with a trip to bermuda lol

Johnie
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM

oh my gosh! Carmine's is FANTASTIC!! Mom still talks about it

Tink
09-07-2008, 02:56 AM
There are some wonderful places to eat in the Village. :yes: Anything goes there too, for dress. :yes: McDougal Street has several nice places. If you like Indian, there are many choices in that immediate vicinity too. :D

Britchick, you MUST go. It's a wonderful time! :yes:

Claire
09-07-2008, 08:37 AM
I've always wanted to go sans children. I'm sure I'd enjoy it more!

Beccaberry
09-07-2008, 12:28 PM
We visited MacDougal Street on our last trip into the city...did a little pub crawl through the Village as well....one of our few "adults only" trips....we had such a great time....

There are so many wonderful places to visit and experience in NYC....I think everyone should visit....

Hey Johnie....we could always suggest the PB&J Restaurant :D

Johnie
09-07-2008, 12:38 PM
:p015: that was a trek to get there, wasn't it? Oh well, that was the best peanut butter sandwich I have ever had

Beccaberry
09-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Indeed it was!!! And then there was that VERY helpful MTA Employee....what would we have done without him!!

Johnie
09-07-2008, 12:40 PM
:lol: possibly ridden the subway for miles and miles

Beccaberry
09-07-2008, 12:49 PM
LOL!! Indeed!

lisaw
10-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I really want to eat at Tavern On The Green when we go. :p015:

MarkE
15-07-2008, 11:55 AM
If you like Italian, I'd go to Vincents in Little Italy. Its a nice, quiet, intimate place. Its been around since 1904, so they must do alot right! Food is delicious!!

mainecoon lover
15-07-2008, 05:41 PM
If you like Italian, I'd go to Vincents in Little Italy. Its a nice, quiet, intimate place. Its been around since 1904, so they must do alot right! Food is delicious!!

Thanks, i will check it out.

BUTTERHEAD1
26-07-2008, 06:15 PM
If you want a nice and very romantic place you could try One if by Land Two if by Sea. It is a bit expensive but it is the most popular restaurant here on Valentines day.

mainecoon lover
26-07-2008, 06:58 PM
If you want a nice and very romantic place you could try One if by Land Two if by Sea. It is a bit expensive but it is the most popular restaurant here on Valentines day.

Thanks for that. I think we will try to do brunch there. Do you have to have smart dress.

Tinker
26-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I just saw this thread . Jim & I usually go to Carmines with beccaberry & family . We love it . Great Food & Sour Apple Martinis . The martinis are wicked strong , but good . When in November are you planning on coming ? I always try to go in November/December .

BUTTERHEAD1
27-07-2008, 06:10 AM
I havent had brunch there before so I dont know what the proper attire would be for Brunch. Sorry

mainecoon lover
28-07-2008, 07:57 PM
I just saw this thread . Jim & I usually go to Carmines with beccaberry & family . We love it . Great Food & Sour Apple Martinis . The martinis are wicked strong , but good . When in November are you planning on coming ? I always try to go in November/December .

We are there 7th November until the 12th.