PDA

View Full Version : I'm so Annoyed

Mandy
25-08-2009, 09:48 PM
As some of you know I have be laid off work due to lack of orders but as soon as they pick up I will be going back hopefully.

I have been trying to claim job seekers allowance now for 14 weeks and can't remember how many phone call I have made to see about my claim.:thumbsdown:

On Friday I had a call back to say that my money would be in the bank by now later than today.
We I had a letter today to say I'm not entitled to any money as I haven't paid enough NI.:furious:

I am so annoyed I have NEVER claimed a penny, always worked and I can't get a penny now.:furious:

God know what I am to live on now, fresh air I think.

Tink
25-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh my gosh. :( :( :( That's terrible.
I clearly don't know how things work in the UK, but here there is Unemployment Insurance/Compensation that a worker who has been laid off/let go can collect for a certain amount of time. It sounds like the same idea, just a bit different procedure. There are reasons for not being able to make claims, but jees.

keith
25-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Well Job seekers allowance is based on National insurance contributions and without enough in the pot, it can't be claimed :( I guess you've already been told about the myriad of other things like income support and so on but this site may help:
Money, tax and benefits : Directgov (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/index.htm)

Good luck with it all, I know it can be a total minefield :hug2:

Isafari
25-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I hope you get something sorted out soon Mandy...I know you have been worried about this for a while. Good luck :hug2:

Deb
26-08-2009, 05:31 AM
So much for our wonderful system...they don't make it easy do they?

Hope it gets sorted soon Mandy :hug2: