PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Disney buys Marvel

V-1
31-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Wow i have just read that Disney has bought Marvel.

See Disney buys Marvel! (http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=28312)

I don't know what this means for Universal IOA but i expect they will have to pay Disney Royalties.

KelBelle
31-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow thats very interesting!!

Aaron said 'Oh no, we might see parades with Mickey dressed as spiderman' lmao xx

V-1
31-08-2009, 10:06 PM
You know i hadn't thought of that :yes:

Vixynne
01-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Or Goofy as Wolverine...

...Donald as the Hulk (same temper!)

...and Minnie as Storm!

:laughhard:

KelBelle
01-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Or Goofy as Wolverine...

...Donald as the Hulk (same temper!)

...and Minnie as Storm!

:laughhard:

LMAO!!!!!!! Oh how funny would it be!!! xx

Jodie
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Seems so odd that Universal didn't have a clause in their relationship with Marvel that Disney couldn't touch it!

I adore IOA and as and when Disney decide what they're planning for Marvel it's not going to be good news for IOA, Even with royalities from Universal surely Disney wouldn't want visitors headed over there?

V-1
02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Seems so odd that Universal didn't have a clause in their relationship with Marvel that Disney couldn't touch it!

I adore IOA and as and when Disney decide what they're planning for Marvel it's not going to be good news for IOA, Even with royalities from Universal surely Disney wouldn't want visitors headed over there?

I would think that Universal would have written a clause into the licence agreement guaranteeing exclusive use of the characters in IOA for a certain length of time. I can't see that they would have left their self wide open after investing all that money. What do you think? I wonder why universal didn't buy Marvel or do you think they were outbid?

Jodie
02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I would think that Universal would have written a clause into the licence agreement guaranteeing exclusive use of the characters in IOA for a certain length of time. I can't see that they would have left their self wide open after investing all that money. What do you think? I wonder why universal didn't buy Marvel or do you think they were outbid?

Your probably right. I read elsewhere Disney want to encourage Teen/Tween boys by increasing tv shows dedicated to them and then, in time, create rides and attractions but surely in the meantime, if the marketing by tv shows works the lads are gonna be driven to IOA by Disney!

V-1
02-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Your probably right. I read elsewhere Disney want to encourage Teen/Tween boys by increasing tv shows dedicated to them and then, in time, create rides and attractions but surely in the meantime, if the marketing by tv shows works the lads are gonna be driven to IOA by Disney!

Maybe it could be the begining of a beautiful Disney - Universal Friendship :hug2: :devillaugh:

Jodie
02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Maybe it could be the begining of a beautiful Disney - Universal Friendship :hug2: :devillaugh:

:surrender: