Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rides and plaster casts

Post Thanks / Like
    So, if the chicken pox thing wasnt bad enough yesterday my nephew injured himself playing football 10 days before we go away. he went to the local hospital who said he'd snapped his ligaments and he can walk on it etc. Today he was in agony so went to A&E, after an xray (which the other hospital didnt do) he was told his ankle is broken in 2 places he is absolutely gutted.

Will he still be able to do the coasters do you know? Its in a plaster cast now, mustve been awful for him walking on it like they told him to do Will he need to have special assistance or anything at the airport?

Any information is a huuuge help, he's so worried and got himself into such a state earlier, i feel so sorry for him!

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    You will need to inform the airline and I would be requesting bulkhead seating. Unsure of the coasters I am afraid. I would be getting on of these so he can still shower and swim. They send them very quickly

Limbo Products - Home

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Michelle - will tell my brother to let virgin know Thanks for the link too, at least if he has one of those on he will be able to do some gentle water rides etc - assuming of course they let him

Post Thanks / Like
    "Attraction is not recommended for those wearing casts"

Does this mean, no you are not going on it - or does it mean we dont recommend it but go on it at your own risk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 237700
    "Attraction is not recommended for those wearing casts"

Does this mean, no you are not going on it - or does it mean we dont recommend it but go on it at your own risk?
    I read that as saying it is at your own risk.

Also, I would suggest getting wheel chair assistance at the airport and maybe look into renting one in the parks. Is he on crutches?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    He's on crutches we've all been trying to get him to see its not the end of the holiday and that its not going to spoil it at all, there are ways around things! We've mentioned the wheelchair to him aswell and he's ok with that if he needs one. My brother has ordered him one of those waterproof coverings aswell.

Wonderful timing eh?!

Post Thanks / Like
    If I where him I'd try to go on one of the slower rides to see if you could cope OK. I don't think my feet ever move on rides so I'd assume he will be OK but not covered by insurance if anything happened on a ride?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be more concerned with the flight. Flying with a cast on can create problems with swelling. You need to talk not only to the airline but also the doctor.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    He's having the cast changed next week, going from one thats up to his knee down to a smaller one so i'll mention to my brother that he should speak to the dr about it re the flight

Post Thanks / Like
    What John said about the flight - the airline may request that the cast be split before he flies to allow room for swelling. And ankles are the worst things for swelling on planes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast