Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leaving Party

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your excitement and enthusiasm! I feel very sorry for you having to wear business attire in this heat. I see those little groups all the time and wonder what on earth is Disney trying to do, make new people pass out from heat stroke?!

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on Disney Junior and also Voyage of the Little Mermaid (We switch between the two) I'm so pleased to get to work with all the little kids but watching Little Mermaid day-in-day-out is going to drive me made
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 253529
    I'm working on Disney Junior and also Voyage of the Little Mermaid (We switch between the two) I'm so pleased to get to work with all the little kids but watching Little Mermaid day-in-day-out is going to drive me made
    Too cool Josh!

I don't know why you'd think the Voyage of the Little Mermaid would drive you batty. I could listen to the music of Alan Menken all day long!

Course I'm a big fan of that movie's music. Especially since the real Ariel lives just around the corner from us.

Look at it this way. Could have been lots worse. Could have been It's a Small World!

Tom (... under the sea!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't now what Disney Junior is.

But I love Voyage. Please yell at those who take flash photos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney Junior is what used to be the Playhouse Disney bit FD, its almost sort of opposite the Little Mermaid

Has it sunk in that you are actually going to be living and working there Josh or do you still kind of feel like you are on holiday? How long will you be on those 2 attractions for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 253547
    Disney Junior is what used to be the Playhouse Disney bit FD, its almost sort of opposite the Little Mermaid
    Ahhh, gotcha. I have heard of the Playhouse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh? Oh Josh? Update when you have time! Is it what you thought it would be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 253431
    Hi Guys!

Had traditions training today where I got my official Disney ID (My previous ID was just my housing one) so I can enter the parks for FREE! Learnt some really cool things about Disney. Tomorrow I have my park orientation at Hollywood studios... not looking forward to walking about it in business attire However I do find out my exact work location & go on a few rides (whilst getting paid!) We went to MK after traditions to watch Wishes and also go on some rides. Got hit by a HUGE rainstorm but we used the opportunity to go on space mountain and by the time we were finished the park was practically empty! Got on HM, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear and POTC, none of which had any noticeable queues! The longest we queued for was thunder mountain which was only about 10 minutes tops!

Oh no don't you get a special entrance to use like the stars do? I just thought you would as a perk.

http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com/count...r=asc&start=14 September 2015&end=4 October 2015&units=Days&background=General/blue4 bg&slider=1. Mickey and Pals/1mickeym&titleFont=f6&titleColour=c6&counterFont=f6&counterColour=c3&text=Three of us have big doins going on&target=Woo-Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys! Had a super busy few days. I've been doing my training and even got to see 'backstage' at the Little Mermaid to see the control tower! I have a spiel and get to pick a 'first mate' of every show that I do the pre-show loading for... it's amazing! We pick a little boy or a little girl out of the audience and get them to say 'Welcome to the little mermaid!' as part of our spiel (scripted piece of safety information basically) as well as giving them a certificate signed by Ariel and Prince Eric!

The kids get SO excited it makes my day I LOVE MY LOCATION! I was hoping for a 'big' ride but everyone I've spoken to on HM/ToT/Toystory Mania don't like it! The queue is mad busy and they have no time to interact with guests individually... in my location I can talk to some of the kids, the parents, interact with them etc. A lot of people on the program want to change their location but I am so happy with mine! Tomorrow I have to do every 'rotation' on my own with my trainer watching from a far and then the day after that I'm assessed!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the updates sounds like your having an amazing time
    Does it all seem real now
    :hippotutu:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast