Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really Bad News

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you that pray, if we ever needed a chain of prayers,good vibes, pixiedust, or whatever you do for luck, we need them now, but not for myself, for my dear husband, best friend and soulmate . You see Jim has had COPD for many years , 6 years ago in May he stopped smoking . Two months ago he started with a chest cough that hasn't got any better . Two weeks ago he went to visit his pulmonary doctor which ordered an X ray . Long story short, he had an appointment today and once home I said, how did it go ? He burst into tears and told me they found a nodule on his left lung . His lungs are only working on a 46% capacity . Dr Nar said he doesn't even know how he is still working . At that level he's working on one lung . I love my husband so much and I know I will not be able to live without him . I already told him, I will not be far behind if he leaves me . That is not me being dramatic, I truly mean it . There is one script that I take that will put me to sleep .
    I ask that you please pray for Jim and that this is just a fluke and not cancer . Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear your news.
    [CENTER]

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry TINKER my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I know its been a long time since I came over this way . So much has happened, 2011 was a terrible year for us and it keeps going ...
    My mom was put in a nursing home,behind my back . I was hospitalized twice in October, I had a heart problem and then pneumonia . My 2 year old cat died from bone marrow cancer, I fractured my foot, my son had a nervous breakdown, my father in law died and now this . I really don't know how much more I'm going to be able to take before I snap .
    The plus side is my best friend/boss that I walked away from six years ago ? Some of you may remember, have been brought back together .
    I kept deleting everyone on FB that had anything to do with my past job . Only because she got a FB account and she would keep popping up, perhaps you know her and would want to be friends . The only friend I kept was one of my close kids that had graduated and it still kept happening . One morning I woke to a friend request and when I clicked on , I almost fell over .We went out to lunch and both admitted we had behaved badly . We texted here and there, but I didn't push nor did I expect much . I am now the head teacher of the Retro Preschool room, working 8 hours a day .
    The only thing that has gotten me through my son's problems, my father in law passing is my kids and this job . Now, I have this on my shoulders and don't know how I'll be .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tinker, I am brand new to this site, but wanted to reach out to you and say that I am so very sorry for this news and I will certainly pray for you and your husband.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of hugs to you and Jim both

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Debi I am sorry you are going through this. I will keep your family in my prayers.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear about all that has been going on Debi and poor Jim, he did so well when he gave up smoking Please send him my love and tell him that Chris and I are thinking about him and hope that this is all a mistake and he will be OK.

Look after yourself as well

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tinker i shall be thinking of you both

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see it's been an awfully trying time, but try to stay strong. I'll send up a prayer for you and your family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast