Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paralympics

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chris for such amazing photos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fabulous photos Chris. I haven't even seen the Paralympics advertised here in the US.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 290395
    Fiercely proud of our country, not only for staging this so well and for supporting it so utterly , but for the attitudinal changes which are obvious - people are not watching with pity but with pride
    Here, here.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    What an incredible week of sport it's been , in no way has this felt like the poor cousin of the Olympics, it's been phenomenal. Last night was probably THE best night of sport I've ever seen. The Peacock race was just amazing. That crowd as well !

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the most amazing things I've ever seen was the Men's 4x100 relay T11/T13. The visually impair athletes needed silence to enable them to communicate with the team mates for a good baton change. 80,000 spectators sat in total silence until the last runner had the baton then they went wild with cheering.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is a real chance to change attitudes to ' disability' here. We've just been discussing this at work. Even the term, how can you say someone is disabled when they can achieve what they have in the Paralympics ? Incredible!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree dawn, the atmosphere down there was just incredible

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I was in tears with it all last night, not a trace of pity just overwhelming pride. Incredible spectacle that IMHO has been BETTER than the Olympics which is something I cannot believe Im saying. Have spoken via twitter to Jonathan Fox, Jessica Long ( chuffed face) and just a minute ago the Paralympic association of the USA who spectacularly missed my whole point about the lack of US coverage and therefore support and understanding.

It has been a revelation the stories behind these Heroes is jawdroping, Jonnies backstory for one would have any parent in tears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 291054
    I think this is a real chance to change attitudes to ' disability' here. We've just been discussing this at work. Even the term, how can you say someone is disabled when they can achieve what they have in the Paralympics ? Incredible!
    Yep, one thing that the athletes have been most happy with is apparently all the perving being done over them, disability has not usually been associated with sexuality before and it's been a welcome change

Post Thanks / Like
    I find Oscar Pistorius especially pleasing to the eye.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast