Thread: Getting there... kind of :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm loving the fact that I can download zillions of free books on my Kindle, still trying to get to grips with the email thing and photo's but have discovered a Kindle HD help book on Google.

Bought a neoprene cover for it and didn't realise that it was for the old generation kindle.... no one told me I had a new generation Kindle? So of course after I'd wedged my kindle in the very tight neoprene cover could I get the da*n thing out? Nearly blew a gasket trying to get it back out... my last resort was going to be scissors but I wanted my money back cos those things are not cheap. Finally succeeded... sheeeeesh... next time I'll stick to good old fashioned books. I am never ever ever going to get another gadgety thing again. This has totally cured me.

http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com/count...r=asc&start=14 September 2015&end=4 October 2015&units=Days&background=General/blue4 bg&slider=1. Mickey and Pals/1mickeym&titleFont=f6&titleColour=c6&counterFont=f6&counterColour=c3&text=Three of us have big doins going on&target=Woo-Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, Miss. Don't think of it that way. It's a challenge to enter the new century and you are doing fine. The accessories will do you crazy though, that's for sure. I bought a film cover for the screen of my iPad mini and the darn thing wouldn't go on smooth to save my life, so off it came.

YOU own the machine, it doesn't own you remember.

Now, back at it and learn, learn, learn!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Miss.... puts hand down....er can I go to the toilet now?

It has some wonderful things on it but oh my word they take some getting used to. Sometimes a bookmark comes down and I didn't even touch the blinking thing. Stuff like that is doing my head in.

http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com/count...r=asc&start=14 September 2015&end=4 October 2015&units=Days&background=General/blue4 bg&slider=1. Mickey and Pals/1mickeym&titleFont=f6&titleColour=c6&counterFont=f6&counterColour=c3&text=Three of us have big doins going on&target=Woo-Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also discovered ,by accident as usual with this thing, that if I keep my finger on a word it comes up with a dictionary meaning... cool.... The word gets highlighted in a colour of my choice and although the dictionary definition goes the highlighted word stays highlighted Can't for the life of me get it to go back to normal... so I just carry on reading... meh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a toggle? Take your hand away, and then touch it again and it goes away? Or is there a reverse button (often the on/off button) that will back you out of the dictionary application but not the book you are reading?

Keep at it Miss, you are doing fine!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle