Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animals in the circus

Post Thanks / Like
    i just don't see how they can have enough room for the animals, they're just not meant to be in confined spaces

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't agree with circuses at all. Firstly, many of the animals come from more than dubious backgrounds, and secondly there is just no way they can have a suitable enclosure when they are on the move.

It really saddens me. We where in Majorca and Mum, Dad and Jade wanted to go to a circus... I flat out refused as I think they are terrible displays.

How on earth can they claim to provide good housing for an elephant on the move??!!?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr they get me SOOO angry! Off to cool down
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you Josh. I went to a circus as a child as a guest of our RC church. I was so upset at the way the animals seemed to be treated I hung my head through the whole thing (trying to hide tears and not be seen). When we finally left and went home, the priest told Mama that he didn't think I much cared for the outing.

He was right.

I don't like BG at all, but will tolerate SW as they do some wonderful rescue and research there.

Our Issy has helped me to calm down a bit where BG is concerned but I really had a very bad experience there the one (and only) time I went.

I feel bad at AK now too when I see how much the gorillas have changed (behavior-wise). They used to be quite natural acting and now they've acclimated and seem bored and restless. That just hurts my heart.

I guess Dumbo scarred me for life.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to love the circus as a kid and even took Patrick when he was about six . The next year , I took my dog to the mall early in the morning to see the tents go up . I saw the elephants and I felt so bad . That night I took Pat to a small amusement park in the area instead and haven't been to a circus since .

Post Thanks / Like
    exactly. wild animals just aren't meant to be carried around for weeks or months in small enclosures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was quite impressed with Animal Kingdom I must sa, but I found it hard to tell how big and varied their enclosures where as it was very crowded and I couldn't find the gorilla.

BG, for me, wasn't *that* brilliant. The elephants in particular upset me, they where rocking back and forth and seemed very restless. The tortoises enclosure leaves a lot to be desired, too (But then, so do most zoos to be honest)

I couldn't fault Sea world though, they are excellent. Especially in their research and rescue work that they do.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, we humans are responsible for the fact that we keep taking the habitat away from these animals and they have nowhere to live. Surely it is better to have the animals continue to survive in zoos and animal parks rather than let them become extinct?

I have no idea what they do with the circus and how they care for the animals. I am not referring to the circus in the post above.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 110748
    Unfortunately, we humans are responsible for the fact that we keep taking the habitat away from these animals and they have nowhere to live. Surely it is better to have the animals continue to survive in zoos and animal parks rather than let them become extinct?

I have no idea what they do with the circus and how they care for the animals. I am not referring to the circus in the post above.

zoos and animal parks i don't disgree with unless they treat the animals badly

Post Thanks / Like
    this however is wrong (hope the picture works)

a search on you tube regarding circus animals/circus cruelty etc will bring up a number if videos......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 110748
    I think putting them in animal parks is good, so long as they are going to a contribution to re-populating the wild population, such as a breeding program. A much better solution would be to stop taking their habitat but that isn't going to happy anyday soon

Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 110777
    this however is wrong (hope the picture works)

a search on you tube regarding circus animals/circus cruelty etc will bring up a number if videos......
    OMG, my bottom lip has gone seeing those photo's. I'm not a crying person but anything like that makes me close to it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast