California Grillís Chocolate Lava Cake
8 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
5 egg yolks
4 whole eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 375F. Lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins. Lightly coat with sugar, then shake out the excess.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes.
3. Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl. Add sugar and beat about 2 minutes, until thick and light. Fold in chocolate mixture.
4. Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth. Divide batter among the prepared cups, filling 3/4 full. Place cups on a baking sheet and bake about 35-40 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are set and the middle is still soft. Do not over bake.
5. Using a small knifem cut around the side to loosen cakes. Invert onto serving plates and serve with ice cream.
Cookís notes: You can also bake these in muffin tins; recipe would make 12. bake 15 minutes, or until set and the middle is still soft.
:hug2:wow thats my favourite dessert in Disney