WDW Refurbishments and Closures: August 2011
Refurbishments/Closures information for August abd beyond is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available on the Disney World Website.
- Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management (Magic Kingdom) closed through 8/15/11.
- Primeval Whirl (Animal Kingdom) closed through 9/14/11 for refurbishment.
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade (Magic Kingdom) closed through 9/30/11 for refurbishment.
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid (Hollywood Studios) closed 8/13/11-9/3/11 for refurbishment.
- It’s Tough to be a Bug! (Animal Kingdom) closed 8/15/11-9/30/11 for refurbishment.
- The Lunching Pad (Magic Kingdom) closed 8/29/11-9/16/11 for refurbishment.
- Casey’s Corner (Magic Kingdom) closed 8/30/11-9/14/11 for refurbishment.
- Magnolia Bend Leisure Pool (Port Orleans – Riverside Resort) closed 9/5/11-10/7/11 for refurbishment. All other pools will remain open.
- Congress Park Leisure Pool (Saratogo Springs Resort) closed 8/1/11-9/2/11 for refurbishment.
- Oak Train Golf Course closed 8/2/11 and 9/6/11-9/11/11 for refurbishment.
- Lake Buena Vista Golf Course closed 8/8/11-8/14/11 and Thursdays only between 9/8/11-10/6/11 for refurbishment.
- Osprey Ridge Golf Course closed 8/15/11-8/21/11 and Mondays only between 9/12/11-10/3/11 for refurbishment.
- Palm Golf Course closed 8/22/11-8/28/11 and Wednesdays only between 9/7/11-9/28/11 (except 9/21/11) for refurbishment.
- Magnolia Golf Course closed 8/29/11-9/4/11 and Tuesdays only between 9/6/11-9/27/11 (except 9/13/11) for refurbishment.
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure (Hollywood Studios) closed 9/4/11-9/24/11 for refurbishment.
- Studio Backlot Tour (Hollywood Studios) closed 9/4/11-9/24/11 for refurbishment.
- Swiss Family Treehouse (Magic Kingdom) closed 9/8/11-11/17/11 for refurbishment.
- Blizzard Beach closed 10/30/11-12/3/11 for annual refurbishment.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 12/4/11-3/17/12 for annual refurbishment.
Re: WDW Refurbishments and Closures: August 2011
This has been closed due to an OSHA investigation into the death of a maintenance worker. I am assuming that the investigation is over and Disney in now putting any additional safety features in at this time?
Originally Posted by Wendy