At Universal Studios Orlando this spring, there will be fun and excitement at the Resort's annual Mardi Gras 2012. It is an authentic celebration that completely transforms Universal Studios Orlando into a family friendly version of the famed New Orleans street party.
On Saturdays and select nights beginning the 11th February 11 until the 14th April, Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebration combines unparalleled theme park entertainment with an elaborate Mardi Gras parade, dozens of colorfully costumed performers, authentic New Orleans bands, delicious Cajun cuisine and live concerts by some of today’s most popular artists.
With a combined total of more than 350 million albums sold, guests will rock out to 14 of the biggest names in music.
The acts performing at the Music Plaza are:
- 11 February - B-52s
- 18 February - Kelly Clarkson
- 19 February - Boyz II Men
- 25 February - Diana Ross
- 3 March - TBA
- 10 March - Big Time Rush
- 16 March - J Cole
- 17 March - Jill Scott
- 23 March - Hot Chelle Rae
- 24 March - B.o.B.
- 30 March - Plain White T’s
- 31 March - Prince Royce
- 7 April - Cyndi Lauper
- 14 April - KC and the Sunshine Band
There will also be musicians from New Orleans Bands who will be playing in the French Quarter. These are:
- 11 February - Daddy Mack Blues Band
- 18 February - Lil Malcolm & the House Rockers
- 19 February - Lil Malcolm & the House Rockers
- 25 February - John Lisi & Delta Funk
- 3 March - Beth McKee & the Sliders
- 10 March - Gravy
- 16 March - Lil' Brian & the Zydeco Travelers
- 17 March - Lil' Brian & the Zydeco Travelers
- 23 March - J.J. Caillier & the Zydeco Knockouts
- 24 March - J.J. Caillier & the Zydeco Knockouts
- 30 March - Soul Project
- 31 March - Soul Project
- 7 April - Rockin' Jake
- 14 April - Big Al & the Heavyweights
The celebration also includes a Mardi Gras parade, where guests can dance along with street performers and collect beads by the handful as colorful floats wind down the street of Universal Studios. This year’s parade will take guests on a journey through the earth’s different ecosystems with elaborately themed floats including: bayous and swamps, rainforest, coral reefs, the deep blue sea and Polar Regions. Every year, the parade’s hand-crafted floats are built by Blaine Kern Artists – the same company that designs the floats for the Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans.
The heart of Mardi Gras is Universal Studios’ French Quarter Courtyard, where guests can groove to the soulful sounds of authentic New Orleans bands every night before the headliner concert.
For more information, visit www.universalorlando.com/mardigras