As from today, Sunday 15th January 2012 for one week only, ending Friday 20th January, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be trialling a new opening procedure.
It is affectionally referred to as the "rope drop" by guests and cast members but without a rope.
The changes are:
It will be interesting to see if Disney decide to continue with this operation in the future.
- Turnstiles will open at 8:30am
- The attractions that will be open at that time are
- Toy Story Mania!
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- All of the other attractions will open at 8:45am and if you arrive at one of these attractions before opening you will need to wait in line until the attraction opens.
- If you want to sign up for the Jedi Training Academy, this will begin at 8:30am at the ABC Sound Studio (former home of Sounds Dangerous).
- FASTPASS distribution will be available at all attractions beginning at 8:30am