Boma’s Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 3 ounces Unsalted Butter
- 11 ounces Butternut Squash, cut in chunks
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- 8 ounces Water
- 8 ounces Heavy Cream
- 8 ounces Milk
- 1 ounce Sugar, adjust if needed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 ounces American Cheese
Method of Preparation:
- In a small pot, melt the butter and pour over the squash. Season squash with salt and pepper and roast in 325 oven for 45 minutes.
- In a kettle, mix squash with water. Add heavy cream and milk and puree. Add sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and coriander.
- Make a slurry with the cornstarch and add to the soup.
- Add the American cheese and continue mixing until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning.