Walt Disney World Resort will be undergoing major roadworls from now until June. Buena Vista Drive between the Disney’s Hollywood Studios entrance and Victory Way is being widened along with other works.
The propsed works will include:
- an additional east bound right turn lane and 4 foot paved shoulder between Epcot Resorts Blvd and VW
- an additional west bound turn lane and extension of the existing west bound turn lane (creating duel left turn lanes) on BVD at the VW intersection
- a south bound acceleration lane and merge lane with a 4 foot paved shoulder on VW
- a 1,500 foot linear retention pond located on the south side of BVD
- the extension of the three 84? culverts under BVD at the L-402 canal
The latest approvals for the project say the work is anticipated to be completed by the 30th June 2012. Until the completion the traffic flow across this portion of Buena Vista Drive will experience a few delays, as well as lane shifts, and possible overnight detours.
In particular the Pop Century and Art of Animation Resorts may be impacted as Victory Way is the main road to their entrances.
Other resort guests will encounter the construction if traveling to or from Downtown Disney.
Allow some extra travel time for any important reservations, particularly during peak, late night, or early morning hours.
When completed the project should ease congestion in that area and allow streamlined access to Pop Century and Art of Animation.