Walt Disney theme parks claimed the top eight spots worldwide in the 2011 TEA/AECOM theme park industry attendance report, released today. In North America, Universal's Islands of Adventure led the attendance gains by percentage, with an immense 29% jump in attendance from 2010 to 2011, which was the first full year of operation for the park's award-winning Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom continued to land in the top spot on both the North American and world lists, with 17.1 million visitors last year, up 1 percent from 2010.
The North American Top 10, according to TEA/AECOM, with 2011 attendance is:
- Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom 17.1 million +1.0%
- Disneyland 16.1 million +1.0%
- Epcot 10.8 million, Flat
- Disney's Animal Kingdom 9.8 million +1.0%
- Disney's Hollywood Studios 9.7 million +1.0%
- Universal's Islands of Adventure (+1 position) 7.7 million +29.0%
- Disney California Adventure (-1 position) 6.3 million +1.0%
- Universal Studios Florida 6.0 million +2.0%
- SeaWorld Orlando 5.2 million +2.0%
- Universal Studios Hollywood 5.1 million +2.0%
And the World Top 10 are:
- Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
- Tokyo Disneyland
- Tokyo DisneySea
- Disneyland Paris (+1 position)
- Epcot (-1 position)
- Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Universal Studios Japan
- Universal's Islands of Adventure (+2 positions)
Well, we all know that Disney is tops with us.