The New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World will take enchanting experiences one step further with circus big tops, an undersea grotto and more magic than ever before.
There will be two new themed areas – Storybook Circus and Enchanted Forest. These additions will nearly double the original Fantasyland size.
Here are some of the attrations you will find in these new areas:
Storybook Circus – Now Open
Storybook Circus, a throwback to the golden era of classic three-ring attractions.
- Soar through the air on Dumbo the Flying Elephant, which is now twice the fun thanks to the addition of a second pachyderm squadron.
- At the Big Top at Dumbo the Flying Elephant your Clients can enjoy themed (and air-conditioned) play experiences – from the Human Cannonball to a Tower of Flames – and will receive a circus ticket pager upon entering that goes off when it’s their turn to board the attraction!
- Enjoy the classic Barnstormer attraction, which has a bright new look, featuring Goofy as The Great Goofini. It's a twisting, turning roller coaster "flight" high above the circus fun.
- Cool off at Casey Jr. Splash 'n' Soak Station, a circus-themed water play area. Water squirts from playful monkeys, elephants, camels and from Casey Jr. when he lets off billows of cooling "steam."
Previews Start Nov. 19, 2012. Grand Opening on Dec. 6, 2012.
The Enchanted Forest will be open in time for the holiday season and will take Guests into a magical realm that brings to life Belle's French countryside and allow Guests to be part of Ariel and Prince Eric's world.
Enchanted Forest will be home to two new castles (Prince Eric’s from “The Little Mermaid” and the Beast’s from “Beauty and the Beast”), a quaint village, waterfalls and plenty of pixie dust!
Highlights planned include:
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid is a major new attraction that takes you on a ride with Ariel and her friends through their exciting adventures above and below the waves – all against a musical backdrop of songs from the classic film.
- The castle of the Beast stands majestically upon a hill and houses the Be Our Guest Restaurant (reservations open in late August), which will feature a lavish dining experience in the elegant ballroom, gallery and mysterious "West Wing" of the castle. With seating for 550, this eatery promises a French bistro flavor, offering "great food fast" service by day and full table service dining in the evening.
- Maurice's Cottage (decorated with a few of his wacky contraptions!) is situated in Belle's Village amongst a French countryside setting complete with a wishing well and rustic foot bridge. The inventor's humble workshop welcomes you into the first scene of Enchanted Tales with Belle, a lively retelling of the "tale as old as time."
- Nearby in Belle's Village, you will find the rousing Gaston's Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.