Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Hosting Frankenweenie Weekend
There’s a special Frankenweenie celebration planned for Downtown Disney West Side from the 28th to 30th September. This is to celebrate the opening on the 5th October of Disney’s new stop-motion animated movie “Frankenweenie” directed by acclaimed filmmaker Tim Burton with a 3D sneak peek, photos, treats and a first-ever Walt Disney World Resort appearance of Jack & Sally from Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
From September 28 -30, you can purchase $6 tickets for exclusive screenings of “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” “Alice in Wonderland” and get an extended 3D sneak peek of “Frankenweenie” at AMC Downtown Disney 24. The nightly schedule looks like this:
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas” at 4:15 p.m.
- “Alice in Wonderland” at 6:30 p.m.
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas” at 8:00 p.m.
- “Alice in Wonderland” at 10:30 p.m.
And here’s a quick look at the other “Frankenweenie” fun you can expect at Downtown Disney each night from 6 to 11 p.m.:
- New Holland Pet Cemetery picture spot presented by HGTV and inspired by “Frankenweenie”
- First Walt Disney World meet and greet with Jack & Sally from “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
- “Frankenweenie”-inspired merchandise at D-Street
- Special treats and beverages including Franken Fusion Lemonade, Frankenweenie hot dogs and more