Peanut Butter-Banana-Applewood Smoked Candied Bacon Pie
Makes 9-inch pie
- 3 thick slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 9-inch store-bought chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, and place a wire rack over the baking sheet.
- Coat bacon on both sides with brown sugar. Place on rack and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy, depending on thickness of bacon.
- Remove from oven. Once cooled, dice and set aside.
- Cream together peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
- Whip cream to soft peaks in a separate bowl; gently fold into peanut butter mixture.
- Fill pie shell halfway with mixture, then evenly top with banana slices. Top slices with remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you had this Wendy? Sounds very rich
No I haven't, it's a new item at the BoardWalk Bakery when it re-opens tomorrow :)
Lol gotcha. Will they be handing out fast acting insulin as well? Lol
It does sound very rich even to my sweetooth :lol:
I love peanut butter pie but I can only do a bite it two at a sitting.
Sounds like Elvis would have liked it!